E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

platinum gray or space gray?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 06:10 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535xi, Platinum Grey, Black Dakota leather, Light Poplar Wood, Anthracite headliner, Premium, Sport, Cold Weather, Nav, HUD, PDC, Night Vision, Logic7, iPod / USB, HD Radio, Sunshades, Heated Rear seats, and Folding Rear Seats.

I'm trying to decide between platinum gray or space gray for a '08 535xi. The space gray looks somewhat dull to me, but it's the color I originally thought I wanted. After seeing the darker platinum gray on a demo I'm torn. Anyone else have this problem?
Old 10-28-2007, 06:23 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i, 6spd mtx, Monaco Blue w/Beige interior. Sport, Preimum, Logic 7/HD/I-Pod/USB, Nav sys, rear sunshade, HUD, PDC, Split seats,

Originally Posted by seventhirteen' post='487029' date='Oct 28 2007, 07:10 AM
I'm trying to decide between platinum gray or space gray for a '08 535xi. The space gray looks somewhat dull to me, but it's the color I originally thought I wanted. After seeing the darker platinum gray on a demo I'm torn. Anyone else have this problem?

Tough decision for sure...I ended up ordering the Monaco Blue met. but Platinum Gray was my 2nd choice. If I had ordered the PG color, I would have gotten the black interior, which I think is an awesome color combo - but I'm not really a fan of an all black interior so I stayed with my original choice of the MB with the beige interior....you may want to go look at both colors one more time before you order.
Old 10-28-2007, 06:50 AM
Members

If you go with PG, you can get it with beige leather, even though the book says you can't. That is what I ended up going with and I like it a lot.
Old 10-28-2007, 07:18 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E46 330, E60 550 on order: Carbon Black/Natural Brown, 6MT.

PG was my choice until I heard the siren's song of Carbon Black. PG looks very classy, without the maintenance that you get with the blacks or Monaco Blue.

Natural Brown is another interesting interior combo with PG.
Old 10-28-2007, 07:32 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535xi, Platinum Grey, Black Dakota leather, Light Poplar Wood, Anthracite headliner, Premium, Sport, Cold Weather, Nav, HUD, PDC, Night Vision, Logic7, iPod / USB, HD Radio, Sunshades, Heated Rear seats, and Folding Rear Seats.

Originally Posted by iversonm' post='487048' date='Oct 28 2007, 08:18 AM
PG was my choice until I heard the siren's song of Carbon Black. PG looks very classy, without the maintenance that you get with the blacks or Monaco Blue.

Natural Brown is another interesting interior combo with PG.
I should mention, I'm a fan of the black interior. So, I'm looking at dark poplar wood trim and black leather. I currently have an black sapphire X5 with black leather interior. I love the look of the black paint but it's lots of work to keep clean! I hate spending time on washing, claying, polishing, and waxing, only to have it rain the next day and look dirty right away. I'm hoping the PG will not be as bad as you suggest. I believe Carbon Black is only available on the 550?
Old 10-28-2007, 07:46 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530e G30
Model Year: 2017

Originally Posted by seventhirteen' post='487029' date='Oct 28 2007, 03:10 PM

I had similar problem.
I was doubtful between Deep sea Blue (A76) and Spacegrau (A52) , Platingrau (A68) is too dark for me loving light colors and after four years of wonderful Titansilber (354) I decided for Deep Sea Blu, but after having seen one E60 with my eyes I changed my decision for Spacegrau: wonderful color which is different with different lights.
My new 535d is expected on 10 jan 2008 with Nasca beige interior and Alu trim.

BTW I love a lot Atlantic Blue, but it is only available on serie 3 coup? and serie 6 : IMHO it should be fantastic on E60.
Old 10-28-2007, 07:58 AM
Senior Members

Talking

Originally Posted by seventhirteen' post='487029' date='Oct 28 2007, 09:10 AM
Platinum Gray is RICH, SEXY and SPORTY. ( the brochure says-PG is a Sport color).
I have PG with gray leather and light poplar wood (wished Gray Poplar wood, You may order this)
Interior with PG must be Beige / Gray = (otherwise the pillars and roof will be Std-Gray with other interior colors-that I think won't match)
Old 10-28-2007, 08:05 AM
Members

Originally Posted by aqkhan6us' post='487055' date='Oct 28 2007, 08:58 AM
Platinum Gray is RICH, SEXY and SPORTY. ( the brochure says-PG is a Sport color).
I have PG with gray leather and light poplar wood (wished Gray Poplar wood, You may order this)
Interior with PG must be Beige / Gray = (otherwise the pillars and roof will be Std-Gray with other interior colors-that I think won't match)
Ah, so with PG the pillars and roof are gray not black? I'll have to ask about this, I would hope they would be black, doesn't make much sense to me if it's not possible. I'm definitely not wanting biege / gray leather, my wife's car has gray leather and we both hate it.
Old 10-28-2007, 08:15 AM
Senior Members

Unhappy

Originally Posted by seventhirteen' post='487058' date='Oct 28 2007, 11:05 AM
Ah, so with PG the pillars and roof are gray not black? I'll have to ask about this, I would hope they would be black, doesn't make much sense to me if it's not possible. I'm definitely not wanting biege / gray leather, my wife's car has gray leather and we both hate it.
If you go with Black interior(PG/ or any), then the only option is to have anthracite headliner that will match with the black interior.
This was my option too. Anthracite headliner is almost black, covers the roof and pillars too tyhat will match with the floor too.
I did not want all black interior.
Old 10-28-2007, 08:17 AM
Members

Originally Posted by aqkhan6us' post='487060' date='Oct 28 2007, 09:15 AM
If you go with Black interior(PG/ or any), then the only option is to have anthracite headliner that will match with the black interior.
This was my option too. Anthracite headliner is almost black, covers the roof and pillars too tyhat will match with the floor too.
I did not want all black interior.
Thanks. I have the anthracite headliner in the X5. I didn't see this option listed in the brochure and will ask next week.

Quick Reply: platinum gray or space gray?