E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Pictures from BMW Welt

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 01:20 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 525i, mystic blue metallic, black leather interior, dark poplar wood trim, premium package, navigation, iPod, park distance control, voice activation, bluetooth. Mods: Full M-Tech Kit, ACS Rep Rear Window Spoiler, ACS Rep Rear Deck Spoiler, ACS Rep Quad Diffuser, ACS Rep Exhaust Tips, Remus Duel Exhaust, De-badge, 20% Tint Front and Rear, Umnitza Predator Ice V2, HID fog lights, Clear Side Marker Light Bulbs (yellow when on), Dark Poplar Wood Shifter, Dark Poplar Wood e-Brake Handle, Dark Poplar Wood Steering Wheel Inserts, OEM Steel Pedals, OEM M Footrest, 19 inch OEM 121s (Summer), 18 inch 124s (Winter), Shadowline Window Trim, Blacked-out Kidney Grills

Alright guys,

I took my e60 to BMW headquarters last weekend. I visited Welt and the Museum. The factory tour was "waiting list only" for Monday, it's not open for tours on the weekend.

I was able to get a couple pics of my ride with the towers and museum (salad bowl) in the back ground. Here is one:

And then, on the other side of the museum, there is Welt! A truely beautiful building that was designed by a former student of the guy who designed the towers and museum. The are connected by a neat foot bridge over the road.

Inside the North entrance, this "corner stone" sits under glass. It is also a time capsule, filled with items from BMW and Munich.

The BMW F1 Car. A beautiful design and great paint comination too!

The only e60 sedan on display inside, and it looks a little like mine! There were a lot of desiels on display, very European!

Ahhhh, the delivery area. This was really cool. The cars are sitting on the second floor. New owners are treated to snacks and drinks on the third floor, overlooking the cars and then brought down the staircase to their cars. The shine a spotlight on their car, turn it on the turntable it is sitting on and take pictures. Then they stop turning the car and let the owners at it! Very cool. They bring the cars up from the basement on two glass-walled elevators. They do approximately 200 deliveries per day. Every 30 minutes a car hauler pulls into the basement with 8 cars. The car arrives the day before delivery. It gets washed, inspected, and put to bed overnight in a computer controlled set of car "shelves" in the basement. There are two machines that move the cars inside. They keep the O2 levels low in the room to reduce fire potential. On the tour we got to see inside the storage area through a window.

Here is the inside of the storage area. The yellow thing on the left is the automated vehicle mover. The top level is for SUVs becuase of the height.

M3 down to the left!

More pics to come soon and another post with pics of the museum later too!

What a fun trip! I left with a tiny remote controlled 5 series from the gift shop!
Old 09-02-2008, 01:37 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60

Nice!

I gotta visit there some time soon!!
Old 09-02-2008, 01:49 AM
Members

My Ride: 2007 E60 535d M Sport

Nice! I went there and did the same tour as you in March this year
Old 09-02-2008, 01:49 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Mach5 05' 530i Black Sapphire Metallic w/Auburn Leather Seats, Heated Front/Rear Seats, Cold Weather Pkg, Premium Pkg, Sports Pkg, Xenon Headlights, NAV, Mud Flaps, 20" 166 Style Rims
Model Year: 2005
Engine: N54

Been there done that, got the T-shirt in 2005!
Old 09-02-2008, 02:09 AM
Members

Would love to do that tour!

I've been on a tour of the Rolls Royce factory on the south coast (UK) that was excellent.
Old 09-02-2008, 02:22 AM
Senior Members

Waco, you gonna go try the nurburgring while you there...? Should be somewhere in Germany, right? LOL
Old 09-02-2008, 02:29 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 525i, mystic blue metallic, black leather interior, dark poplar wood trim, premium package, navigation, iPod, park distance control, voice activation, bluetooth. Mods: Full M-Tech Kit, ACS Rep Rear Window Spoiler, ACS Rep Rear Deck Spoiler, ACS Rep Quad Diffuser, ACS Rep Exhaust Tips, Remus Duel Exhaust, De-badge, 20% Tint Front and Rear, Umnitza Predator Ice V2, HID fog lights, Clear Side Marker Light Bulbs (yellow when on), Dark Poplar Wood Shifter, Dark Poplar Wood e-Brake Handle, Dark Poplar Wood Steering Wheel Inserts, OEM Steel Pedals, OEM M Footrest, 19 inch OEM 121s (Summer), 18 inch 124s (Winter), Shadowline Window Trim, Blacked-out Kidney Grills

BigMike,

Yeah, the ring is next on my list. Maybe this weekend....
Old 09-02-2008, 02:37 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by wacopolumbo' post='659775' date='Sep 2 2008, 06:29 PM
BigMike,

Yeah, the ring is next on my list. Maybe this weekend....

Have fun! And make sure to give your car some rest between laps. My friend burned out his brakes going 3 laps in a row....
Old 09-02-2008, 03:33 AM
Contributors

Roger that! I have a good head start with driving there, I am a driver instructor with the military and have done lots of advanced driving courses in addition to the driver instructor course. Lot's of fun driving fast on uncle sam!
Old 09-02-2008, 03:53 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: F11 -14

Great pics Looking forward to more tidbits from your tour!

Quick Reply: Pictures from BMW Welt