E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Pics of Auburn interior?

Old 05-17-2004, 10:01 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545 SMG Individual interior, all options except Nav & HUD.

Hi guys,

Would anyone have pics of Black (jet or sapphire) with Auburn interior?

Also, what trim goes best with it? Aluminum or the black wood?

TIA
Old 05-18-2004, 12:20 AM
Contributors

Sorry, no pictures but I saw it in the "flesh" and while I thought it looked good even if a bit orangy, in the UK it will kill the resale value (according to my dealer friend)

Black maple is stunning and much "sportier" than poplar in my opinion, hence my spec!
Old 05-18-2004, 01:53 AM
stu
Members

No -- all personal opinion of course ...but it's fabulous.
I think it will only work with Black or Dark Silver ( I forget the name).
Everyone has commented favourably on it - when they see it in the street. The pics just don't replicate the real colour.
Don't order one until you see the real thing though !
Attached Thumbnails Pics of Auburn interior?-cayman_030.jpg  
Old 05-18-2004, 01:54 AM
Icy
Members

This was from an earlier post.....

http://e60.doit.wisc.edu/forums/inde...=596&hl=auburn
Old 05-18-2004, 01:55 AM
stu
Members

More -
Attached Thumbnails Pics of Auburn interior?-cayman_018.jpg  
Old 05-18-2004, 01:57 AM
stu
Members

Exterior ...
Attached Thumbnails Pics of Auburn interior?-cayman_042.jpg  
Old 05-18-2004, 03:58 AM
Senior Members

Doctor D,

Dealers in the UK are so full of BS when it comes to the old "it'll kill resale values" nonsense. Because of them people are led into choosing mundane colour combinations.

Here is a prime example : - I bought a 323Ci 4 years ago in Tianium silver with light yellow leather interior from a Belgian dealer. I spec'ed it with anthracite headling and silver trim and it looked superb. My local dealer strongly advised against this combination using the same nonsense you've been told saying that yellow leather would not be a popular choice. When I traded it in with them 2 years later for an X5 they put the car in their showroom because it had such a good spec and was in as new condition. It sold on the first day and they told me that they could have sold it at least 5 times over during that week, before it's new owner collected it. Most of the people who saw it made comments like "I'd never have pthought of putting that combination together but it looks great" etc. Following this they started to spec yellow leather on quite a few of their demo cars.

Just goes to show that it takes one brave person to order a different colour but once others see it, it often appeals to lots of people who have trouble visualising combinations in their head from colour swatches. Stu saw my car on a couple of websites and liked it so much he ordered the same colour combination so that tells you that there will be 2nd hand buyers out there who will think the same.
Old 05-18-2004, 04:06 AM

It's funny that you say that about the UK. I had the same thing happen when I ask about Auburn last month here in the US. The dealer told me that I should really take a hard look at it since it really looks 'European' and I might not like it!

So I ordered it immediately....

I like it precisely because it is not like many others, and I imagine that there are a few of us who feel the same way and an equal percentage who would purchase a used car that fits that mode.

All it takes is one person to buy a car, and it is sold....
Old 05-18-2004, 04:07 AM
Senior Members

Sorry, I posted that before logging in.... the guest entry above was mine....
Old 05-18-2004, 04:16 AM
stu
Members

Hi ISUK, good to see you back here ...!
Absolutely... It was just your amazing pics on Roadfly that led me to order this spec. I remember you saying it felt quicker than your Z4 and this gave me a lot of confidence to order the car.
There were also some guys who had previously owned 2002 and 2003 model M3's .. and they were impressed with the 530D ... so that said it all.

(I do regret not stumping up for an upgraded Hi Fi ( std kit is poor) and rear + side blinds and of course nav). The sliding armrest is a bit of a waste of money and I'm not sure the sports suspension makes any difference after driving a loan car without it!
How's it looking for that Mimosa Red X5?
By the way ....thanks for all the "Meguiars" tips....their "gold wash" , wax, microfibre drying cloths and wheel black are essential to keep the Saphire Black looking good. I even enjoy washing the car now.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pics of Auburn interior?