E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Picked up a new 08 550i, but.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 09:06 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Carbon Black/Black, Sports, Nav, Logic, CA

Amazing car...can't stop driving it around town.

Great sales experience, but at the time of delivery, the car had swirls and spider webs all over and that totally ruined the whole "new car" experience. The SA told me that he would pay for getting my car detailed and after I got back ( I live 300 miles away), he simply refuses to get back to me and reply to my emails. (after I sent him a quote for detailing)

Sooo frustrating...don't really want to dock him on the survey that BMW just sent me, but I cannot justify giving him a 5 after the way he treated me (is treating) after I took delivery and the blatant lie/misrepresentation that he would pay for the detail, so I would just leave the dealership.

Any thing else I can do besides survey? I feel I won't get anywhere with GM (they all are the same) and BMWNA doesn't care much.
Old 08-30-2008, 09:13 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by bimmerfan00' post='658260' date='Aug 30 2008, 10:06 PM
Carbon Black/Black, Sports, Nav, Logic, CA

Amazing car...can't stop driving it around town.

Great sales experience, but at the time of delivery, the car had swirls and spider webs all over and that totally ruined the whole "new car" experience. The SA told me that he would pay for getting my car detailed and after I got back ( I live 300 miles away), he simply refuses to get back to me and reply to my emails. (after I sent him a quote for detailing)

Sooo frustrating...don't really want to dock him on the survey that BMW just sent me, but I cannot justify giving him a 5 after the way he treated me (is treating) after I took delivery and the blatant lie/misrepresentation that he would pay for the detail, so I would just leave the dealership.

Any thing else I can do besides survey? I feel I won't get anywhere with GM (they all are the same) and BMWNA doesn't care much.

deffinately stick to your guns on this one. Swirl marks and webs are done by improper washing and drying and IMHO is the same if they dent your car. A really good detail to get all that out and restore your car to factory fresh would generally be arlund $300-$600.

This is a high enough cost for me not to let it go, neither should you. He figures because you live so far away you simple will "go away". It may come down to contacting BMWNA and telling them about the situation.

Good luck
Old 08-30-2008, 09:19 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

+1 for contacting BMW NA and letting them know about your experience as well as the dealership manager (have you tried contacting someone above your SA). Did you take pics of the swirl marks when you acquired your car or is there written documentation of the damage prior to driving off the lot. Sorry to hear about the paint defects, hope everything gets resolved. Hope the rest of your BMW experience goes well...

Post your location when you get the chance so members local to you can perhaps recommend skilled detailer close to you.
Old 08-30-2008, 11:50 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Alpine White 550i Sport, Cream Beige Interior, 6-Sp Manual - retired 9/2011

If nothing in writing, you have no real recourse. It's a shitty thing for the dealership to do, but I'd just pay someone a few hundred or just do it yourself....then forget about it and flog them on your survey. Then find another dealership.
Old 08-31-2008, 12:14 AM
Members

My Ride: 520d LCI, old engine, manual, black dakota, platingrau II, standard (242?) rims.

Originally Posted by DrLev99' post='658299' date='Aug 31 2008, 03:50 AM
If nothing in writing, you have no real recourse. It's a shitty thing for the dealership to do, but I'd just pay someone a few hundred or just do it yourself....then forget about it and flog them on your survey. Then find another dealership.
+1
Given the distance, it clearly doesn't pay to go there and tell them off/ get it sorted. Flog them on the survey and accept that the car costs $500 more than you paid the dealership.
Old 08-31-2008, 02:38 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 530d XDrive M Sport

Definitely flog them (SA and dealer) hard on the survey, contact BMW customer service and make sure that BMWNA is aware of the situation, and contact the management of the dealership you bought your car from to voice your displeasure. It might take some work, but I'm sure this will alert the attention of someone to take proper action.
Old 08-31-2008, 10:26 AM
Senior Members

Who cares...go detail it yourself..have fun, get a tan and learn every line of that car...congrats.
Old 08-31-2008, 02:57 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 06 530XI Sapphire Black, Black Int. 6sp, Cold, Prem

Sad to say but even if they agreed to detail the car for you, it most likely would be done by a local car wash and not come close to your expectations. The guys on the board are right, trash them on the survey and spend the money to get it done right!
Congrats on a great ride!
Old 08-31-2008, 04:15 PM
Members

Originally Posted by jrsamps' post='658623' date='Aug 31 2008, 06:57 PM
Sad to say but even if they agreed to detail the car for you, it most likely would be done by a local car wash and not come close to your expectations. The guys on the board are right, trash them on the survey and spend the money to get it done right!
Congrats on a great ride!

Thanks guys!! I emailed him and let him know that I was not willing to give him a 5 on the survey if he backed out on his word. Haven't heard from him-what pisses me off is that I SPECIFICALLY asked him before we agreed on the numbers whether the car had any swirls/washed and he promised that it did not. Then, later to get rid of me, he promised he would pay for me to get it detailed and now seems to be avoiding me or sending a check.

Anyhow, if it is not resolved by next week, I will go ahead and dock them on the survey and let you know the name of the dealer/SA, so you can steer clear of his underhand tactics.
Old 08-31-2008, 07:09 PM
Senior Members

I would not be trying to reach the SA but rather the salesman, no? I don't see how the service dept. is yet involved in this "promise."

Quick Reply: Picked up a new 08 550i, but.....