E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Picked Up 550 Sport in Munich Today

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 01:13 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Paul

Sorry to hear of your woes. I wonder how the car got through the PDI with the cable unplugged and other issues.

First, re the iPod cable, this has been discussed at the European Delivery forum ad infinitum. Your CA should have given you a cable to take with you (or worst case, you should have asked for it if you had known). There is a bulletin for dealers on this.

I agree with your comments on the transmission lever if you can call it that. I have been driving a 550i with step for the past week and it is so counterintuitive as to possibly be dangerous if someone jumps behind the wheel without receiving an orientation.

Re the Logic 7, I need to ask you about your audio source: are you using the same tracks on the iPod to compare (you say the ,,radio```sounds tinny but don?t mention as far as I recall the other audio sources, not sure if you even got the iPod cable yet).

I?m curious as to the reaction of the folks in Freimann during your delay. Did they try to mitigate the damage somehow?

Where are you going for the rest of your trip? You should post on the E.D. forum as well if you have a moment.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:30 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by rodneyremington' post='454581' date='Aug 2 2007, 04:07 PM
I find it very hard to believe that the caliber of people buying 550s would take time out of their day to test-drive a car to steal an ipod cable. I find it very easy to believe that the local guy doing the dealer prep misplaced/threw away/otherwise lost the cable.
Rodney, I don't even give them that much credit. I am firmly convinced that had I not been educated by the members of this website (cobradav in particular), I would have walked in and been told, just like pharding was, that I had to buy it for $60!
Old 08-02-2007, 01:31 PM
Contributors

Congrats on your new ride ... too bad the delivery was a bust. But I'm sure as the kilometers go by while you drive your new 550 that you will (mostly) forget all about that.

It's nice to read that your initial impressions about the major elements of the 550 are solid: the sport transmission is great; the ride and handling suberb; and the engine is awesome. That's what a BMW should be about.

You didn't comment on Carbon Black ... how did it look to you when you first saw it, how do you like it?
Old 08-02-2007, 01:37 PM
Contributors

The ipod cable when delivery in the US--is free. That is BS--you are due a refund on that. Seems like they just weren't prepared for you at all and that is inexcusable. Good that the car makes you happy, though.....
Old 08-02-2007, 02:34 PM
Members

In regards to the whole I-pod thing, I never could understand why the connection costs more than the Damn Ipod to begin with. I passed on this option.

As for the shifter, you will have to be careful the first few times. It is backwards from what we are used to in the US. I selected the wrong position several times in my first week.
Old 08-02-2007, 04:22 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by bmw093' post='454599' date='Aug 2 2007, 05:37 PM
The ipod cable when delivery in the US--is free. That is BS--you are due a refund on that.
Ja but Freimann is not supplying the cable. The procedure is for the dealership to provide the cable before leaving for factory delivery.

This has been discussed in the European Delivery forum ad nauseum.
Old 08-02-2007, 04:23 PM
Senior Members

Sorry to hear about your problems this morning. I don't have to tell you how great ED is, so hopefully you can put it all behind you and have a great trip. Let us know where you're headed to and post lots of pics.

As for the iPod cable thing, it is a pain for EDers. The cable does come with US cars with the iPod adapter option, but it is added at the VPC upon the car's return to the States. Hopefully you'll be able to get a refund from your dealer.

Have a great drive . . .
Old 08-02-2007, 04:45 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 550i

most of your issues were minor. the exception is the mismatch wood trim. insist on bmw making it right.
Old 08-02-2007, 05:01 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by hinckley' post='454675' date='Aug 2 2007, 08:23 PM
As for the iPod cable thing, it is a pain for EDers. The cable does come with US cars with the iPod adapter option, but it is added at the VPC upon the car's return to the States. Hopefully you'll be able to get a refund from your dealer.

Have a great drive . . .
No, dealers can give it to customers before they leave for M?nchen
Old 08-02-2007, 05:34 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

sorry to hear about those things, but congrats on the car. at least you love driving it. enjoy

Quick Reply: Picked Up 550 Sport in Munich Today