E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Picked my 530i yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2005, 08:38 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dropped my car in Munich on 11/26/04 and finally took redelivery yesterday. The sales guy was useless with BT set up. But with help of this forum, I got BT working correctly. It seems like I did get a software upgrade when my car shipped to the U.S.

It was snowing in Chicago, so after an hour of driving, the car is dirty again. Several things I noticed with the car:

1) the start up screen loads up much slower than what I remembered in Munich. It took like 8 - 10 seconds before the acceptence message pops up.

2) There is a little white light under the driver side mirror. I never notice that before. Do you guys know about it? It lights up when I unlock the door.

3) I dropped the car with 812 miles, and it had 819 miles when I picked up, I think this is normal. I bought the read reflector, but the black painted one looks good too, don't know if I should change it.

4) I had to load the navigation disk twice to get it to work (I have 2004 north american navi-disk). The first time the map was all blank.

5) When I ordered my car, the sales guy took my sat-radio prepration can't not be installed with 2005 car with Navigation system (I ordered in Aug. 04). So I didn't have that option. Now the 05 model no longer had this problem, and it's too late for me. AGAIN, thanks for the wonderful sales guy. Oh well..

Thanks everyone on this forum. Any comments on my observations?
Attached Thumbnails Picked my 530i yesterday-side_light.jpg  
Old 01-08-2005, 08:45 AM
Senior Members

The white light is there to illuminate the area below the door to assist you while getting out of the car. Shows pluddles, etc. Should do that on the passenger side mirror also.
Old 01-08-2005, 08:58 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Collected Sept 2009 - BMW E90 M3, Silverstone II, Novillo Black leather, 19" M Double-Spoke alloys, High Beam Assist, Electronic Damper Control, Voice Control, PDC, USB, DAB, High Gloss Shadowline, Sliding armrest, Trim Finishing in aluminium grey.

Originally Posted by jzbmw' date='Jan 8 2005, 06:38 PM
I dropped my car in Munich on 11/26/04 and finally took redelivery yesterday.? The sales guy was useless with BT set up.? But with help of this forum, I got BT working correctly.? It seems like I did get a software upgrade when my car shipped to the U.S.? ?

[snapback]77094[/snapback]
Where was the photo taken? In Munich?
Looks like the reflection of a BMW 1-series in the door.

Note sure what options are available in the US, but there is an extended lights package (at a cost) available in Ireland that provides small halogen puddle lights in the door mirrors, footwell lights and an additional light in the boot/trunk.
Old 01-08-2005, 09:34 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by jtp1947' date='Jan 8 2005, 06:45 PM
The white light is there to illuminate the area below the door to assist you while getting out of the car.? Shows pluddles, etc.? Should do that on the passenger side mirror also.
[snapback]77095[/snapback]
No, not to assist you while getting out, that's what the light in the bottom of the door is there for. The light under the mirror is there to assist you getting in, when you approach the car and open it with the remote you are able to see if there is water or mud, etc....
Old 01-08-2005, 09:53 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Jan 8 2005, 07:34 PM
[quote name='jtp1947' date='Jan 8 2005, 06:45 PM']The white light is there to illuminate the area below the door to assist you while getting out of the car.? Shows pluddles, etc.? Should do that on the passenger side mirror also.
[snapback]77095[/snapback]
No, not to assist you while getting out, that's what the light in the bottom of the door is there for. The light under the mirror is there to assist you getting in, when you approach the car and open it with the remote you are able to see if there is water or mud, etc....
[snapback]77116[/snapback]
[/quote]

Correct....again!
Old 01-08-2005, 10:22 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by jzbmw' date='Jan 8 2005, 10:38 AM
I dropped my car in Munich on 11/26/04 and finally took redelivery yesterday.? The sales guy was useless with BT set up.? But with help of this forum, I got BT working correctly.? It seems like I did get a software upgrade when my car shipped to the U.S.? ?

It was snowing in Chicago, so after an hour of driving, the car is dirty again.? ? Several things I noticed with the car:

1) the start up screen loads up much slower than what I remembered in Munich.? It took like 8 - 10 seconds before the acceptence message pops up.
Hormazd-Yes same for me.? They upgraded your software at the VPC to probably V13.3.? Reports from members here indicate that V15 makes the I-drive boot fast again.

2) There is a little white light under the driver side mirror.? I never notice that before.? Do you guys know about it?? It lights up when I unlock the door.
Hormazd- Thats funny,? I noticed that along with the inside orange glow on US re-delivery.? It then occurred to me that I had not done any night driving in our 2000 miles and two weeks in Europe.
3) I dropped the car with 812 miles, and it had 819 miles when I picked up, I think this is normal.? I bought the read reflector, but the black painted one looks good too, don't know if I should change it.
Hormazd- 7 miles seems like a lot to drive the car on and off trains and ships.? I don't know about that.

4) I had to load the navigation disk twice to get it to work (I have 2004 north american navi-disk). The first time the map was all blank.

5) When I ordered my car, the sales guy took my sat-radio prepration can't not be installed with 2005 car with Navigation system (I ordered in Aug. 04).? So I didn't have that option.? Now the 05 model no longer had this problem, and it's too late for me.? ? ? ? AGAIN, thanks for the wonderful sales guy.? Oh well..

Thanks everyone on this forum.? Any comments on my observations?
[snapback]77094[/snapback]
Old 01-08-2005, 12:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Great car.. The mirrorlight is perfect! It prevents you to step into a pile of doggie doo.. or water..
Old 01-08-2005, 12:49 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by IrishEyes' date='Jan 8 2005, 09:58 AM
Note sure what options are available in the US, but there is an extended lights package (at a cost) available in Ireland that provides small halogen puddle lights in the door mirrors, footwell lights and an additional light in the boot/trunk.
[snapback]77103[/snapback]
Halogen? You guys only get Halogen in Ireland? ITs all LEDs here for me. I'm almost positive they are LEDs. (like 5 of them) under the side mirrors. The puddle light under the doors are halogen.
Old 01-08-2005, 03:21 PM
Contributors

My Ride: On Order: 2006 525i Alpine White Auburn Interior Premium Pkg Sport Pkg Cold Weather Pkg Xenons Sunshades Sat Radio Navigation

I didn't realize the 1-series was not in the US yet. I may have to visit the BMW dealership in Juarez, Mexico to see exactly what the different ordering options are. I saw a 1-series coming back to El Paso from Juarez. It is small, but even it still had that sports stance. BMWs are great!

izbmw, congrats on your re-delivery! Looks nice!
Old 01-08-2005, 03:47 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by Aaron' date='Jan 8 2005, 04:21 PM
I didn't realize the 1-series was not in the US yet.?
[snapback]77237[/snapback]
Yet? I thought they wernt going to bring it to the US at all...

Quick Reply: Picked my 530i yesterday