E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

People suck

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 01:08 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The wife and I decided to take advatange of the good weather and we went to the park. At the park, the parking lot was full but I was able to find the last end spot in which I parked with at least a two feet gap between my car and the line marking the next spot. After we left, I notced that someone managed to back into my car and sideswipe the rear driver side quarter panel and wheel. Of course said individual was nice enough not to leave a note and just park somewhere else. I am so mad..,now I have to pay for Another's stupidity. I already filed a claim with my insuance for another accident so I will probably have to pay everything out of pocket or have an isane premium. ?igh just what I needed
Old 07-31-2010, 01:16 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

That sucks man....stupid ass bitch drivers! Probably some twat chick on her phone or some sh*t :thumbsdown:
Old 07-31-2010, 01:50 PM
Members

Sorry to hear about that as it's my biggest fear when going to very public parking lots. Whenever possible I park my car far far away where those lazy SOBs won't go. Too far to walk, too far to park. Sometimes I really think about driving a shitstorm from 1981. Those things never seem to get effed with.
Old 07-31-2010, 01:51 PM
Senior Members

Whoever that was is lucky that I did not see them hit my car and then park somewhere else. I would have pressed charges - it is a crime here in MD to leave a scene of an accident and not provide insurance information. I am still puzzled by how someone can be that bad at parking. 20 inches plus another foot or so on the other side is enough to park even the biggest truck!!! I guess I will see how much it will cost - I am guessing close to 1k!
Old 07-31-2010, 02:08 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hear ya man but after almost 4 years of owning my car and I am one to polish and wax my car, keep it pristine and really had high hopes of keeping it perfect-you have to just realize a car is going to have crap happen to it, dings, scratches etc-mostly out of your control due to others and even you may nick something here or there. I guess I just accept minor flaws, try my best to buff them out, always keep like 30 coats of zaino sealants on my car and one thing is I cannot STAND any kind of dent-so I have had 3 fixed in the last 3 yeras. Its ok to fix all the stuff but dont get too upset, I just factor it in as just one more thing you need to do in order to own a nice car and keep it nice-another "maintence" if you will. good luck
Old 07-31-2010, 02:10 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Any security camera in the area?
Old 07-31-2010, 03:53 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Diamond
I hear ya man but after almost 4 years of owning my car and I am one to polish and wax my car, keep it pristine and really had high hopes of keeping it perfect-you have to just realize a car is going to have crap happen to it, dings, scratches etc-mostly out of your control due to others and even you may nick something here or there. I guess I just accept minor flaws, try my best to buff them out, always keep like 30 coats of zaino sealants on my car and one thing is I cannot STAND any kind of dent-so I have had 3 fixed in the last 3 yeras. Its ok to fix all the stuff but dont get too upset, I just factor it in as just one more thing you need to do in order to own a nice car and keep it nice-another "maintence" if you will. good luck
I totally agree - scratches etc. actually don't bother me that much - they can be hidden by a good detail job. I actually have a nice dent in my bumper from a golf ball sized rock. But when a dent is introduced in such a way that it is scraped down to the metal and when your rim is damaged to underneath the finish it just had to get repaired. I am hoping that they don't have to do a full repaint on the quarter panel. Good news is whomever hit my car did not hit my bumper (they are saving me $400).... perhaps they can just fix up part of the quarter panel and the dent and just blend it in.

I have not checked in about security cameras but since this is a public park, I doubt it. I am hoping that this all can be done under a $1,000. I am thinking $100 to refinish my wheel (if anyone has a stock 535 xi wheel they want to sell please let me know). Hopefully the rest can be done with minor body work. I will look into it eventually - too many other things on my mind including a major job interview in NJ.

Thanks for listening everyone - I just had to vent to a sympathetic audience. My wife just does not understand.
Old 07-31-2010, 03:56 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i mystic blue

this is why i barely drive my car. shit like this is to common and it would crush me after taking so much care for the car
Old 07-31-2010, 04:52 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

"Hell is other people!" Jean Paul Sartre True then, still true today....I hope it gets fixed quickly!
Old 07-31-2010, 05:52 PM
Contributors

Ahh man, sorry to hear about your car. Hopefully it gets fixed soon at a reasonable price. I too hate parking in public parking lots.

Quick Reply: People suck