E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

PDC Sensors

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 06:51 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi everybody, I'm new here and just signed up hoping you can help me on this one.

The thing is:
I hit my garage wall whith the front bumper while I was parking (you don't wanna know the reason...) and one parking sensor broke! I went to the dealership and in the beginning he said it would only need a new sensor but then he came up with what appeared to me a story to extort me more money, he wants about 1100? . He said I would need to replace the whole bumper because the support that handles the PDCs sensors comes with the bumper!

Well I've been searching in the net and I found pictures and draws from the interior of the front bumper and there was no such support that he told me, just a little holder which I think it comes with the sensor itself. Is he trying to fool me or not? I really don't believe I would need an entire new front bumper, common it's just a sensor! The bumper is almost intact, it deformed and went back to normal when I drove back the car. By the way it's a late 2008 520D E60.

Please, some help here, I only need to know if I can buy the sensor and install it myself or do what he told me to, the car looks pretty ugly with that hole there...

Here are the draw and pics I found (actually the pic is from this forum)

The images

Thanks in advance

PS: I've no pics of the car here, but I'll edit it later to put them