E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

PAY OUT OF POCKET EVEN WITH WARRANTY AT THE DEALER!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 11:15 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bens1088
It's not even funny how many tickets I've avoided because of the V1.... Best investment I've ever made.
It does sound like my next mod!! Is this shit legal? atleast in NY?
Old 06-22-2011, 11:16 AM
Members
Senior Members

It's not even funny how many tickets I've avoided because of the V1.... Best investment I've ever made.
No doubt the V1 is one of the best radar detectors on the market. Too bad law enforcement is now transitioning to laser. If you are rocking your V1 speeding with confidence and get hit with a laser, you're shit out of luck.
Old 06-22-2011, 04:41 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Bayerische Motoren-Werke
No doubt the V1 is one of the best radar detectors on the market. Too bad law enforcement is now transitioning to laser. If you are rocking your V1 speeding with confidence and get hit with a laser, you're shit out of luck.
Next investment is a laser jammer.

(now that's illegal)
Old 06-22-2011, 04:52 PM
Senior Members

Which dealer?
Old 06-22-2011, 06:03 PM
Members

Next investment is a laser jammer.

(now that's illegal)
While I wanna say I'll stay away from that because it's illegal. But I'll prob look into it

Originally Posted by ponnu
Which dealer?
BMW manhattan. Now don't get me wrong. I think they let me get away with shit. With my car slammed and the other mods I did and not bitch about it. But at the same time. Everywhere got it's BS. I use to go to BMW Bayside. But I think they will void my warranty if I did go back.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:22 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Titanum Grey 525i 2004 Black 328i 2008 2008 E70 X5

the other day I changed my battery under the warranty. try to work with another advisor because it sounds like ur advisor really sucks to me. believe me they can cover that under the warranty but all depends on ur advisor. good luck
Old 06-23-2011, 07:46 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i Sport 19" MHT Vortex Chrome

So what these BMW repair center is really telling you:

We have no clue what the issue is but your silynoid looked dirty and we noticed some lines that were not BMW so we want to make sure we get our cut!

Never been a fan of dealers they seem to do least amount possible to get you in and out. More needless work and charges, higher profit margin.

On another note the V1 is amazing but as someone said with laser the game will change!

Good luck on your issue hope it all works out in the end!

Craig
Old 06-23-2011, 09:03 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i manual
Model Year: 2008
Engine: V8

that sucks man I hope everything works out
Old 06-23-2011, 11:16 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 Jet Black 528i Navigation, heated seats, premium

Originally Posted by Bayerische Motoren-Werke
Damn BMW man! They will find every conceivable way to deny warranty work.

OP, is your car still under its original factory warranty, or is it extended or CPO?
+1 to the above quote: It has been my experience also that BMW North America does NOT like to pay for their warranty claims, and they try every trick/BS they can to deny warranty claims. They are the kings of "cannot duplicate customer complaint/concern". On several occasions, the dealer(concurred by reps at BMW NA) has attributed problems with my car to "environmental problems". They say that the sweat sock smelling air conditioning is due to high humidity, and dirty intakes are due to pollution! This has been MY experience only - I am not saying that this applies to everyone's specific BMW ownership experience.

I've had a few Infinitis, and Nissan NA generally takes care of customer concerns - even after the warranty expires!. Mercedes Benz gladly fixes anything you report(in warranty only), because they know their cars are junk(especially in the early 2000's/late Chrysler years). Even as completely crappy as my E series was, they fixed things that I didn't even report, because they dug around looking for problems when you brought your car in, especially if it was the 10th time that month. Anyone who had a Benz during the Chrysler years knows that. But, overall, I am rather disappointed in BMW factory/dealer service!
Old 06-23-2011, 11:38 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

From what I was told there were warranty changes and how its conducted. This was told to me by my Dealer Mgt Dir after complaining about my taillight seperating inside the light. They qouted with parts and labor $1000.00. Told me it was caused by an external force. Not true, and if so, there would be some kind of marking on the outside lens. Bottom line is, the dealer replaces it under warranty, sends it to NA and there is someone there that decides if it is or not. If it is, all is ok, if not,they don't pay the dealer and they are out of the money. This is what was explained to me. They also said not even the curtiousy claim, now they try to get at least 50% from you...

So now that you have paid them for the solenoid repair and it's not fixed what's next?

Quick Reply: PAY OUT OF POCKET EVEN WITH WARRANTY AT THE DEALER!