E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Passenger Restraint system malfunction - Seat Mat Replacement?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 10:02 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by MacoBMW4life' post='803187' date='Feb 27 2009, 01:55 PM
cool front plate !!!
if they say ur VIN isn't in the recall, get a hold of BMW NA (800-831-1117) and don't take no for an answer.
I took my car in for this and i'm also out of warranty and BMW NA picked up the tab.
thanks =] lol, i will do if not ill get all nyc ghetto on them that should do the trick ill go crazy in there and no one could help them lol like i did in manhattan bmw thats why im going to westchester bmw
Old 03-05-2009, 06:51 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 525i - mo mods...just got it

Got a call from a supervisor at BMW NA, and she told me that they will not fix my seat mat. She offered me $1500 off a new or used car at BMW dealership. What a joke...

I dont know what to do now, except buy the stinking mat and replace it. Its not fair though... there is a recall and i got the same problem, but my car is not on the 'list'. How stupid.
Old 03-06-2009, 02:40 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Sport Package Limo Tinted, Heads up display, Fully Loaded Minus Cold Weather Package and Rear window Sunshades.

Originally Posted by gvolkov' post='808157' date='Mar 5 2009, 07:51 AM
Got a call from a supervisor at BMW NA, and she told me that they will not fix my seat mat. She offered me $1500 off a new or used car at BMW dealership. What a joke...

I dont know what to do now, except buy the stinking mat and replace it. Its not fair though... there is a recall and i got the same problem, but my car is not on the 'list'. How stupid.

Get an extended warranty and then put in a claim in a month or so.

I had this same problem about a year ago. :thumbsdown: My car was out of warranty, but I had an extended warranty and I just took it into the shop, and said fix it. And sure enough they replaced everything within a day.

Either way you should get something out of this, with or without a warranty. WAYYY to many people are having this problem for it to not be considered a recall on all 5 series regardless of the year. This is definitely something that should not go wrong.

Did you try a different dealership? Maybe you got a friend who sounds intimidating can help you out .
Old 03-06-2009, 08:15 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 530i, Orient Blue, M-tech Front, otherwise stock.

Got my letter and scheduled an appointment for Monday! woohoo!

Here you go, maybe you can just say you got it too and take it in There isn't any information on any of these pages that specifies my car (i.e. VIN or name/address). It does state for 2004-2006 5 Series.

Page 1

Page 2

Page 3

All that came in the envelope were these 3 pages and a card that had my address and information on it, but it was just a card if I need to update my address. Good luck to everyone else out there...

~Lawrence
Old 03-06-2009, 08:54 AM
Members

My Ride: 1985 325e (sold it in 1996) // 2001 Z3 2.5 / White / Blk Lthr / 5-spd (wife's) // 04 530i / Metallic Blk / Beige Lthr / 6-spd / Logic7 / 19" 166 Michelin Pilot Sp

I heard about the recall and asked my local dealer if my car was part of the recall (2004 530i).

They said no, it was not part of the VIN list.

Yesterday, I got a letter from BMWNA saying that yeah, my car is affected.

Left hand, meet right hand...
Old 03-16-2009, 02:49 PM
Members

does anyone know which VIN are on the list for the recal? how would i know if BMWNA will be sending me a letter?
Old 03-16-2009, 03:26 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by awm3awm5' post='818628' date='Mar 16 2009, 05:49 PM
does anyone know which VIN are on the list for the recal? how would i know if BMWNA will be sending me a letter?
Call them 800-831-1117 or take ur car to a stealership....GL
Old 03-16-2009, 05:21 PM
Contributors

i drive an 06 530i, i had my car in for service. Service manager called me up and let me know about the recall. Did it that day 100% for free. Only thing is the lower part of the back of the seat now kind of sticks out and is extremely stiff. But it did get fixed and that seat will break in eventually. GL with yours
Old 03-18-2009, 10:30 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 525i - mo mods...just got it

SUCCESS!!!

Mine got fixed.

Here is a quick recap:

I bought my e60 a month or so ago. Noticed the error on the idrive about this passenger restraint whatever. Took the car to the dealer. They put it onto the computer, charged me 125 bucks and told me what was the problem. I priced the sensor, but at the time decided to wait to fix it. So i searched this forum, and found that there is a recall about this. So i went bank to the dealer. They checked the VIN and told me that my car isnt on the list of recalled vehicles. So i called BMW NA, and bitched to them about this, told them that this is a safety issue, and people may die, and it will be their fault. So i told to wait, and i waited and waited. No one called me. Then i decided to call myself, and spoke to a supervisor of some sort. She offered me $1500 off a new or used car when i buy one at the dealership. What a joke.... So i bitched again, but that was the only thing she could offer...

Next day or so, i get a call from BMW NA, and they tell me that i can go ahead and take the car in for service, and they would pay 100% of cost. Wonderful i thought, and promptly took the car in for service. Part got replaced, staff was friendly, and they even washed my car.

Happy Customer.

All of you who "are not on the list" - read this again and make conclusions.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:44 AM
Contributors

My Ride: '05 545 Titanium Silver, Black Leather - Nav, Logic 7, Cold weather. Mods: Carbon filter removed. M5 iDrive knob. Umnitza license plate LEDs. MP3 40% 3M tint ACS Anti-Roll(sway) bars RPI Scoop G-tech Pro RR CF Roundels CF Wheel caps

I got the letter a couple of weeks ago just before I was away on business, I also got a nice phone call from my dealership telling me about the recall and wanting to make an appointment to bring it in. I'm having that done and a couple of other things while it's there..

You let them wash your car?

Quick Reply: Passenger Restraint system malfunction - Seat Mat Replacement?