5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   E60 Discussion (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/)
-   -   Parking lights won't turn off when engine is off and car locked (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/parking-lights-wont-turn-off-when-engine-off-car-locked-141964/)

mrbrooklynkat 05-12-2015 11:00 AM

They stay on period in all positions. I thought the green light come on as long as it is in auto but night or day it does not light up. I have to pop out the fuse to get the lights off

twh 05-12-2015 11:29 AM

Would be good to read all the BMW codes. If you've replaced the switch, maybe the Light Module is messed up.

mrbrooklynkat 05-12-2015 11:38 AM

that's what I'm thinking is wrong I will be dropping it off to my mechanic to code it and see I'm about to invest in a coder do you know of any good ones

Twahl 05-14-2019 07:39 AM

I know this is an old thread, but it's the first one that pops up on a Google search so I will reply here. I was having the same issue with my 08 535xi as the OP. The lights wouldn't turn off and the green light next to the auto setting on the light switch wouldn't turn on. I found that the right rear headlight leveling sensor was the problem. I replaced it and everything works great now. Just thought I'd throw that on here for others looking for a solution to the same problem.

audiophool 05-18-2019 06:59 AM

Nice work @Twahl - finally a thread resurrection that's useful!

Troy Staat 07-13-2019 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Twahl (Post 1600389)
I know this is an old thread, but it's the first one that pops up on a Google search so I will reply here. I was having the same issue with my 08 535xi as the OP. The lights wouldn't turn off and the green light next to the auto setting on the light switch wouldn't turn on. I found that the right rear headlight leveling sensor was the problem. I replaced it and everything works great now. Just thought I'd throw that on here for others looking for a solution to the same problem.

Old thread but I second the rear level sensor. Wire harness going through trunk lid arm shorted. Repaired that and my halo lights and rear leds stayed on. Changed the lcm and front sensor and finally the rear sensor was the culprit.

jimileblanc79 03-06-2021 06:18 PM

how did you diagnose that?

jimileblanc79 03-06-2021 06:21 PM

how did you diagnose that?

535i n54 02-10-2022 01:52 PM

Hello I have a problem when the car is running the headlights are on 0 position When I turn off the car the parking lights are on 0 position Does anyone have any idea?

donpb 02-10-2022 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by 535i n54 (Post 1613119)
Hello I have a problem when the car is running the headlights are on 0 position When I turn off the car the parking lights are on 0 position Does anyone have any idea?

Both side parking lights?