E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Parked Car Ventilation

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 10:48 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 06' Black Saphire 530i, Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg with heated rear seats, Power sunshade, Logic 7 w/CD Changer, PDC, Fold down rear seats Mods* 19" Beyern Mesh wheels with Goodyear F1 pro A/S tires

I am not sure if I am doing something wrong, or if something is broken so figure I will ask the experts.

I set the 2 timers (one for lunch, the other before going home) for parked car ventilation (and the fan indicator on the dash does turn red), but if I go outside to the car at the time its supposed to do teh venting, i dont hear the fans going, and if i go into the vehicle, i dont feel anything come out of the vents.

The timer does get checked off in the i-drive like it ran, but i dont see any effect. Is there something I am missing? It gets pretty hot here in NC, so was looking forward to using this feature
Old 07-10-2009, 10:52 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 545i

that sounds strange. i know when mine turns on it blows very softly.
Old 07-10-2009, 11:59 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

Originally Posted by pantherfan69' post='938702' date='Jul 10 2009, 02:48 PM
I am not sure if I am doing something wrong, or if something is broken so figure I will ask the experts.

I set the 2 timers (one for lunch, the other before going home) for parked car ventilation (and the fan indicator on the dash does turn red), but if I go outside to the car at the time its supposed to do teh venting, i dont hear the fans going, and if i go into the vehicle, i dont feel anything come out of the vents.

The timer does get checked off in the i-drive like it ran, but i dont see any effect. Is there something I am missing? It gets pretty hot here in NC, so was looking forward to using this feature

Air flows through the lower vents in the footwell and the sound is quite low. You won't see any effect, however the car will feel "slightly" warmer than the outside temperature compared to the "oven" feeling if the fan was not used.

Also - you will only feel the difference if you get in the car while the vents are actually running. Open the door 15 minutes after the vents stopped and you car will be hot again.
Old 07-10-2009, 12:11 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 5351 Black Sapphire Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Sirius, Sport Package

Originally Posted by pantherfan69' post='938702' date='Jul 10 2009, 02:48 PM

I can hear the fan running if I get in the car when mine is set. I would think that you should be able to hear yours. Does the Red fan icon light up when yours is set? This icon is directly below your fan speed switch on the dash.