E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Park Distance Control...

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2006, 10:44 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2012 535i M Sport Package
Smile

OK guys, I have to admit, Park Distance Control would have helped
I thought that the stop light would serve the purpose. boy, was I wrong...
the questions is who's fault is it me not getting the Park Distance Control option or the stupid license plate???
[attachment=17650:attachment]
[attachment=17651:attachment]
[attachment=17652:attachment]
Old 01-07-2006, 10:45 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

what did you just do? driving through the wall?? are you in blind folded by love or what?
Old 01-07-2006, 10:46 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2012 535i M Sport Package

Originally Posted by Peter530i' post='220603' date='Jan 7 2006, 02:45 PM
what did you just do? are you in love or what?
just now!!!!!!!!!!!!! my mind is somewhere else I swear
Old 01-07-2006, 10:48 AM
Members

My Ride: Booked: E70n X5 40d M. Carbonblack, oyster, comfortseats, Nav Pro, Active Drive, Panoramic, Hifi PRO DSP, HUD, Alutrim, Satin ext, gloss rails, towconnector, elctric lid, alarm and more. FS: E61 535D -06, Activesteering, Comfort seats, Hifi, M-steeringwheel, PDC, Rails, Tinted windows, Folding mirrors, Towconnector, Alu trims, Panoramic roof, ISO FIX, SonyEricsson BT-HF, 124 wheels, Alarm, Electric lid, Aburn interior, Xenons, Silvergrey and the crappy cupholders!!!

Not that big damage what I can see so you don't have to be that sad or mad. An "analoge" version is to put a tennis ball in a string from the roof and adjust it so it touches the windscreen when you are in.
Old 01-07-2006, 10:52 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 545iS 6 spd, bought new via eBay, 11/05; Blk/Gry, Cold, L7, PDC, BMW Rear seatcover for pets. First "Bumwa" was a new 1971 2002. High performance 5s since 1987. Beamer motorcycles too, currently on an 07 BMW K1200 GT; also a Moto Guzzi 1000 SP III.

I don't get it: Is that wall sensor supposed to be reflecting off your plate? If so, it's in sore need of realignment.

On the other hand, looks like the only damage is sheetrock, and that's no big deal. FWIW, BMW park control would not have been activated without going into reverse to trigger it. I guess they figure you're, well, um, sensible enough to see where you are headed.

Kiss the wall and make up.

Ray Hull
Old 01-07-2006, 10:58 AM
Members

My Ride: 130i, 265 HP, just serious extras

PDC for the rear is activated by the reverse gear, PDC for the front can be switched on/off by a switch placed next to the seat heating.

Guess that radar or ultrasonic thing needs some adjusting. But the wall looks worse than the car (the plate), better this way than the other!
Old 01-07-2006, 10:59 AM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Originally Posted by Ray Hull' post='220608
the questions is who's fault is it me not getting the Park Distance Control option or the stupid license plate???
Ouch--sorry to see that. Looks like the car did fine--actually one of the few good reasons to have a front plate, so your bumper didn't get damaged!
Old 01-07-2006, 11:00 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by miss525i' post='220602' date='Jan 7 2006, 09:44 PM

Sorry

Thank God, you didn't drive through the wall

But seriously, it's the walls fault, it should not have been there!
Old 01-07-2006, 11:41 AM
JDN
Contributors

PDC in the front is activated by anything within the zone when PDC is active, regardless of gear.
Old 01-07-2006, 11:48 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

I think she does not have PDS in her E60. Notice the parking system on the wall, the three lights and the sensors!!! I think that Miss525i is actually saying that she is actually regreting not getting the PDC option to her car.

Quick Reply: Park Distance Control...