E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Painting auto body shop in northern Virginia??

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 12:33 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello,

Can anyone recommend me a good painting body shop I northern Virginia?
Old 10-27-2010, 02:48 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 550i Jet Black|Black Options: Sport|Premium|Cold Weather|PDC|Nav|Satellite Radio|Active Steering|Convenience Entry Mods: Trinity Side Skirts|Trinity Black Grilles|LCI Tail Lights with Bruce V6|Fog Light Bezel Rings|MTEC V2 Angel Eyes|LED License Plate Lights

(1) Wagon Works is supposed to be one of the best in the area and also one of the most expensive

(2) D & V Auto Body

(3) Matchelss
Old 10-27-2010, 06:19 AM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 E61 535xiT Black on Black

I just had my M Aero kit shipped to and installed by D&V. Pricing was reasonable, the staff are very professional and friendly and I am very happy with the final product. The shop is owned and run by a family and they treat their customers as members of their family. Just about any time you go to the shop you will see multiple Lamborghinis, Ferraris, Aston Martins, Lotuses, Bentleys and other beautiful exotics.

On the flip side, I also asked them to tint my windows and apply the clear car cover film and both turned out awful. D&V hires an outside contractor to come in and do the work at D&V, but as they are sanding and finishing cars in the same facility there is just too much particulate in the air to ensure a good finished product with window tint and clear protection film. The folks at D&V had thier guy re-apply three times and they finally agreed to refund my money, apologizing profusely afterward for the frustration and my wasted time.

If you are just painting / installing, I say they are first class. Anything else, however, is left up to another specialty shop.

Contact info:

Ron Maharaj, Manager D&V Autobody, Inc. 23550 Overland Drive Sterling, VA 20166 703-661-8545 ron_at_dandvautobody.com

I have heard great things about Wagon Works, but they are down in Alexandria as I recall and that's way to far from me in the Dulles area. I have no experience with, nor have I heard anything about Matchless
Old 10-27-2010, 06:49 AM
Members

I took my E46 to European Autobody in Manassas there wasn't extensive damage but what there was they fixed it and their quality was excellent and their prices are very reasonable and they specialize in BMWs. I have to take my E60 there now as I got rear ended recently. Phone # is 703-330-1594
Old 10-28-2010, 04:22 PM
Members

BW535xiT,

I had my tint done at LA Tint in Sterling on Shaw Blvd a little over a year ago. They did a good job on the first try and I haven't had a problem since. I'm in Ashburn as well if you want to see the work before getting it done.
Old 10-28-2010, 08:17 PM
Members

Originally Posted by lincvert
BW535xiT,

I had my tint done at LA Tint in Sterling on Shaw Blvd a little over a year ago. They did a good job on the first try and I haven't had a problem since. I'm in Ashburn as well if you want to see the work before getting it done.
Hey buddy,

I appreciate the offer, but I've used LA Tint before, so I know they do great work. I'm going to try for perhaps this coming Weds. With all of the NoVA folks here, we should organize a get together before it gets too cold!
Old 10-29-2010, 11:32 AM
Contributors

what about BMW @ Fairfax Auto Bodyshop? they charged me $180 for painting and install Roof Spoiler. What you think?
Old 10-29-2010, 12:02 PM
Members

Originally Posted by futurerx06
what about BMW @ Fairfax Auto Bodyshop? they charged me $180 for painting and install Roof Spoiler. What you think?
I've never used them, but why not? Who better to trust painting your BMW than a BMW body shop? The price sounds fairly reasonable, espcially if there was prep work and installation involved.
Old 11-24-2010, 01:16 PM
Members

I had a fender bender the other day and upon the recommendation of the BMW dealer, my car is now at Royal Auto Body in Sterling. I have been very impressed so far by the shop and the owner. We are still waiting for the insurance company so parts can be ordered, but I have high hopes based on the work I've seen in the shop. I'll post an update once the car has been finished.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:58 PM
New Members

Hello, guys!!! good posting here. You guys have done a wonderful job with the auto body arts. I am pretty much fan of the auto body arts because I have old Nissan which I renovate it by auto body company who did a good job. Can?t post the pics now but I must say that auto body can change the looks of your car totally.

Auto Body

Quick Reply: Painting auto body shop in northern Virginia??