E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Paddle shifter-Retro fit

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 12:58 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 06 530I w/sports package w/steptronic. xm radio, ipod hook up. M5 wheels(currently being painted to Black 4/15/11) rear window spoiler, and m5 deck lid spoiler. oh and some ebay blue halo's. (brand? can't rememeber, but they don't throw any codes)

Hey guys. I'm sure it has probably already been posted in this forum somewhere before, but I wanted to make a fresh one. I am trying to find the retro fit kit to make my 06/530i sports pack/steptronic paddle shift capable. I know they used to sell it on www.mrpaddleshift.com, but now the site is really no more and they stopped selling it. I guess it was due to legal and or error issues. I do know that the people who have purchased it swear by it. So I am asking is there another way to get this kit from another site. I plan on up-grading my ride soon, but I figure it will be a good fun ride for the next person if I decide not to keep it.

Thanks.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:27 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

to the forum! Just in case ... you do know you have to buy a whole new steering wheel plus the paddles and stuff, right?

Try = http://www.motivemod...-p/bmw-pa-r.htm

I'm using a similar mod from another member here, way before the link above selling it, I think even before mrpaddleshift.com exist.
Great mod ... I've been very happy w/ mine.

GL!
Old 04-15-2011, 02:22 PM
New Members

My Ride: 06 530I w/sports package w/steptronic. xm radio, ipod hook up. M5 wheels(currently being painted to Black 4/15/11) rear window spoiler, and m5 deck lid spoiler. oh and some ebay blue halo's. (brand? can't rememeber, but they don't throw any codes)

Yes sir, I am clear on the steering wheel change and shifters .
Thank you very much for the link. I'm pretty sure this will be my last mod.
(Prob not)
Old 05-02-2011, 11:59 PM
Members

Does the steering wheel have to be changed even if you have the Sports Wheel with the round airbag?
Old 05-03-2011, 01:36 AM
Members

Hi, did you get anywhere with the retro fit?
Old 05-03-2011, 02:31 AM
Senior Members

Great mod - i did it about 8 months ago! Good fun using the paddle shifts and the M6 wheel i use is MUCH nicer than the stock!
Old 05-03-2011, 04:46 AM
Members
Senior Members

Yes off course, steering wheel w/ paddle shifter has opening/cutout on the backside where the paddles go ...

Originally Posted by mbmw530i007
Does the steering wheel have to be changed even if you have the Sports Wheel with the round airbag?
Old 05-03-2011, 05:01 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2007 Black Sapphire 535i

This is a great mod and one I'm looking into also. If you choose all new OEM components from BMW it gets very expensive so the key for me is to find a good used Wheel with at least paddles, trim and possibly airbag, all included. (Still searching eBay, Kijiji etc).
Old 05-03-2011, 06:30 AM
Members
Senior Members

Georgieb,

Great that you gonna do this mod too ... saw you are looking around for the steering wheel ... not sure if you know AFAIK the mod to integrate the paddles with the STEPtronic tranny is using the heat lines ... so basically the mod disable the steering wheel heat function.

GL!

Originally Posted by Georgieb
This is a great mod and one I'm looking into also. If you choose all new OEM components from BMW it gets very expensive so the key for me is to find a good used Wheel with at least paddles, trim and possibly airbag, all included. (Still searching eBay, Kijiji etc).
Old 05-03-2011, 06:57 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2007 Black Sapphire 535i

Ah hah BlaSTiWi,
I did not know that! Is there any chance we can route our own wires/cable? Although I haven't seen this mod I would guess the wires for the paddles start at the steering wheel and end up in the center console, wired in parallel to contacts on the shifter for SMG? Alternatively is it being wired to a harness in the driver-side foot-well?

Quick Reply: Paddle shifter-Retro fit