E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oxford Green + Auburn?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2004, 02:28 PM
Guest_Mark-Yorkshire

I don't suppose you have any photos of a titanium grey E60 do you?
I haven't actually seen one in the metal. ISUK ( Ragdude) has seen one and says it has a greenish hue. I hope I'm not dissapointed when mine arrives. I have actually only seen a couple of 5 series on the road in my area and therefore choosing colours is difficult especially when my local dealer only had a titanium silver ( tinny looking ) and a mystic blue ( looked excellent but previously had a topaz blue BMW and wanted a change).
Any photos would be much appreciated. The suspense is killing me.
Mark-Yorkshire
Old 02-02-2004, 10:06 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guest:

The Oxford green looks nice, but I am not too keen on the truffel...

Someone told me yesterday that they thought that the amethyst grey and auburn would be a nice combo. He claimed to have seen some pictures of it too. Anyone here that have seen this combo??
Old 02-02-2004, 11:29 PM
Senior Members

Guest_Mark Yorkshire, I've been to see a Titanium Gey as originally I was going to order that colour. I was a bit disappointed though, the colour seemed a bit "flat" and didn't really sit too well on the large flanks of the car. In the end I've opted for Silver Grey.

However, it was a really miserable day so that could well have had something to do with it.

All imho, of course. And I reckon you'll love the motor whatever.
Old 02-03-2004, 12:57 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Guest_Mark-Yorkshire' date='Feb 2 2004, 05:28 PM
I don't suppose you have any photos of a titanium grey E60 do you?
I haven't actually seen one in the metal. ISUK ( Ragdude) has seen one and says it has a greenish hue. I hope I'm not dissapointed when mine arrives. I have actually only seen a couple of 5 series on the road in my area and therefore choosing colours is difficult especially when my local dealer only had a titanium silver ( tinny looking ) and a mystic blue ( looked excellent but previously had a topaz blue BMW and wanted a change).
Any photos would be much appreciated. The suspense is killing me.
Mark-Yorkshire

Here are some pictures of a Titanium Gray E60. At this point I am leaning towards getting this color for my 545i. A couple of months ago I posted some pictures of the Olivin Green and at that time I thought that I would be ordering Olivin, but last week I saw one in strong sunlight and it had a nasty Pea Soup color on the horizontal surfaces, but the side panels looked OK. So at this point I probably will go with Titanium Gray, which is in conflict with my personal rule of staying away from darker colors. It is a medium to dark shade of gray. It does have a slight greenish tone to it, but it is generally seen only in direct sunlight, and even then it still looks good. So if I can't get a special order Stratus Gray from BMW NA then I will be going with Titanium Gray. Here are the pictures (they are large and I don't have the time to resize them right now, you may have to scroll to see the entire picture):

rodybmw

Old 02-03-2004, 01:06 AM
Senior Members

Mark,

Here are some more pics of Titanium grey.

Titanium Grey 1
Titanium Grey 2
Old 02-03-2004, 01:39 AM
Senior Members

Those pics look fantastic. It looks like the sunny climates do wonders for that colour!
Old 02-03-2004, 07:31 AM
Members

What do you think about this combination then: Amethyst with Auburn A bit unusual but not repulsive - or???

M5board_AmethystAuburn
Old 02-03-2004, 07:59 AM

Oreo,

Doesn't do anything for me. Certainly not a younger persons colour IMHO and the poll on this board suggest the E60 is appealing to a younger audience. I would have thought that copper would look better with auburn leather whilst truffle leather would go with the amethyst. These two exterior colours need to be blended by tone with the interior or given a complete contrast. The amethyst paint and auburn leather are two tones that don't look good together in my book. I think that would be a difficult combination to re-sell.
Old 02-04-2004, 10:02 AM
Guest_Mark-Yorkshire

Rody BMW and ISUK (AKA Ragdude) , many thanks for the pics of the titanium grey- looks good and put my mind at rest. Only a couple of weeks to go now!!
Mark-Yorkshire
Old 02-05-2004, 12:05 AM
Contributors

hmm..look clean without the badge. beautiful.

Quick Reply: Oxford Green + Auburn?