E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Overstearing

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 08:53 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i Sport 19" MHT Vortex Chrome

Question for the masses!!!

I have a 2008 BMW 550i Sport

Had Sumitomo Tires on my ride. I got a nail in my right rear and boy I'm glad I did. My left tire on the outside looked good but come to find out when I was getting the nail fixed the left rear the inside and middle of the tire were bald and showing belt all the way around. I was lucky!

So after talking with several people about Hankook or Toyo I went with the Hankook. I can only afford to change the rear at the moment and this may be a problem.

As I was going into an onramp curve at about 60-70 (long sweeping) my car kept trying to dip in the the turn turning faster than I wanted. So my break assist kept turning on and off freeking me out!!

So what could be the problem? How can I fix it? Should I get the fronts done now and go in debt? Would an alignment be advised?

I also thought about adding H&R sport springs to lower it a hair and give it a more aggressive look. Then maybe an alignment would be advised.

So any and all suggestions, advise or comments are welcome!!

Thanks,
Craig
Old 05-18-2011, 03:01 AM
Members

Sounds like you haven't got all the mold release off your new tires. They should be fine in a few days.
Old 05-18-2011, 05:28 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i, 6-speed Manual, Silver Grey Metallic, Grey Dakota Leather, Cold Weather Pkg, Premium Sound Pkg, Sport Pkg, Lumbar Support

I would say that the fronts and rears, being from different brands, have introduced different handling characteristics into the equation. Our owners manual says, "To maintain good handling and vehicle response, use only tires of a single tread configuration from a single manufacturer."
Old 05-18-2011, 06:39 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 550i SA M-Sport Package

Different fronts and rears usually don't cause an issue from what I hear...