E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Overspeed Warning

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 06:14 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive been reading my handbook and spotted the 'Speed Limit' info on page 71.So I looked in the I drive for it but its not there!
When I mentioned it to my local dealer today he said it was not fitted to all cars. My car does'nt have nav fitted but the handbook says 'on cars without navigation system:call up OBC' ect.... No mention of it being an option.
Do any others with similar cars have this feature?

Car is RHD UK spec 525d Touring Auto
Built May 2004
Old 05-17-2007, 06:21 AM
Members

My Ride: 05 545i Sport, Man, Cold WX Pkg, Black Sapphire Met on Black

Why on earth would you want to limit your speed!!! There are some fantastic roads up north where you are, and one can see the cameras coming for ages....

Though thinking about it, if your handbook says you have "it" and you can't find "it", I'd be a little miffed as well.

BTW, no idea how to rectify your actual question!!

Good luck.
Old 05-17-2007, 06:35 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

On mine it's in the nav, under Bordinfo.

It should be there even without nav. You should have a position "on board info" in your computer somewhere...
Old 05-17-2007, 06:36 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 525d M-Sport Saloon M57N2 3.0d LCI EXTERIOR: Jet Black, ///M-Aerodynamic Bodystyling, ///M-Rear Spoiler, De-badged, Gradual Tint Windscreen, ///M-Double Spoke 172M 19" Alloy Wheels (with non-run flats & space saver spare wheel) & ///M-Sports Suspension; INTERIOR: ///M-Steering Wheel, Black Dakota Leather Heated Sports Seats with Electric Lumbar Supports, Brushed Aluminium Interior Trim & Anthracite Headlining.

Originally Posted by jeffscarborough' post='425455' date='May 17 2007, 03:14 PM
Ive been reading my handbook and spotted the 'Speed Limit' info on page 71.So I looked in the I drive for it but its not there!
When I mentioned it to my local dealer today he said it was not fitted to all cars. My car does'nt have nav fitted but the handbook says 'on cars without navigation system:call up OBC' ect.... No mention of it being an option.
Do any others with similar cars have this feature?

Car is RHD UK spec 525d Touring Auto
Built May 2004
I have a new LCI 525d M Sport (3 weeks old) and can confirm that I DO have the 'Overspeed Warning' function and my car doesn't have Nav like your car. The function is indeed under the OBC menu, third item across - Computer, Journey Computer, Limit, Stopwatch. Must say I didn't think this was ever an option - others maybe able to confirm?

Can't speak for earlier cars though as I have never owned one.
Old 05-17-2007, 06:44 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 525d M-Sport Saloon M57N2 3.0d LCI EXTERIOR: Jet Black, ///M-Aerodynamic Bodystyling, ///M-Rear Spoiler, De-badged, Gradual Tint Windscreen, ///M-Double Spoke 172M 19" Alloy Wheels (with non-run flats & space saver spare wheel) & ///M-Sports Suspension; INTERIOR: ///M-Steering Wheel, Black Dakota Leather Heated Sports Seats with Electric Lumbar Supports, Brushed Aluminium Interior Trim & Anthracite Headlining.

Originally Posted by Spyder44' post='425457' date='May 17 2007, 03:21 PM
Why on earth would you want to limit your speed!!! There are some fantastic roads up north where you are, and one can see the cameras coming for ages....

Though thinking about it, if your handbook says you have "it" and you can't find "it", I'd be a little miffed as well.

BTW, no idea how to rectify your actual question!!

Good luck.
This function does not limit the speed, rather provides an audiable warning if you exceed a set speed that can be adjusted by the driver.
Old 05-17-2007, 06:53 AM
Members

My Ride: 05 545i Sport, Man, Cold WX Pkg, Black Sapphire Met on Black

Uh, ya. No kidding. Am familiar with the audible warning that tells you when you're having fun!
Old 05-17-2007, 07:44 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Spyder44' post='425469' date='May 17 2007, 03:53 PM
Uh, ya. No kidding. Am familiar with the audible warning that tells you when you're having fun!
Point taken - must admit I misread the intention of your previous Post!
Old 05-17-2007, 09:39 AM
Members

My Ride: 520d LCI, old engine, manual, black dakota, platingrau II, standard (242?) rims.

Originally Posted by Palmo' post='425487' date='May 17 2007, 10:44 AM
Point taken - must admit I misread the intention of your previous Post!
I have a 520D LCI, without nav. I have it as well. I 've set at 129 km/h, which is 125 km/h in reality. Speed limit in Belgium and in the Netherlands is 120 km/h on most highways and tickets are never issued for speeds up to 127 km/h.
It saves me from driving slightly too fast without knowing it.
Old 05-17-2007, 09:54 AM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

The warning tone for speeding, yeah it's there. Kinda useless feature as it reminds the passenger of how fast I am going.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:05 AM
Banned

+1-the stupid thing just dings if you set it-already enough other dings and sound I already do not care to hear or do not know how to shut off-including the seat belt, my cell phone ringing etc. The beep does NOTHING to deter me when my foot gets heavy

Quick Reply: Overspeed Warning