E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Overseas, What should I be careful

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 04:28 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im currently in Montreal Doing My masters (Any one care to give me a tour around DT ) and have my BMW up for sale back in my home country.

So I put my BMW up for sale back home. Till it gets sold, is there anything I should be careful about? Battery? Fuel Pump?etc... Because the car is parked and I don't Let anyone drive it in the Family.

So should I let someone just to turn it on once every week in order to recharge battery, Key battery, etc..(after hearing those horrible stories) or it should be driven once a week? I don't want a customer to come to check out the car and get an error on the idrive or car wont start or any other malfunctions as it is in pristine condition.

Thx guys
Old 09-06-2009, 04:40 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Well to keep your battery alive, you should have you baterry plugged into a battery tender. Here is a thread on battery tenders and available models of them: https://5series.net/forums/index.php?showto...=battery+tender

Enjoy Montreal. It a fun city. Don't be toooo bad there given all of its temptations.
Old 09-06-2009, 04:41 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 E60 M5 (Sepang Bronze/Natural Brown) Eisenmann Exhaust with Miesterchaft Sections 1 & 2 Evosport Headers Evosport Pulley RPi Scoops & Block Off Plates with BMC Filters Eibach Pro-Kit Springs 20" Breyton Race CS in Polished Silver

Ahlain ahlain...

It would be wise to have someone turn it on from time to time. You might want to ask someone to drive it from time to time as well because an idle car is a troublesome car.

In our type of weather, it's important you get the mechanics to work regularly.
Old 09-06-2009, 04:48 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by sdg1871' post='1000014
Ahlain ahlain...

It would be wise to have someone turn it on from time to time. You might want to ask someone to drive it from time to time as well because an idle car is a troublesome car.

In our type of weather, it's important you get the mechanics to work regularly.
Halla walla, how u doin bro. I never knew had neighbors in this forum. Glad to know. The thing is, the only 2 people that are in the country are my mother and sister So ur saying I have to have the car rolling, not just starting the engine.
Old 09-06-2009, 04:52 AM
Contributors

My car is parked outside and not in the garage. So I cant keep the hood popped all the time using the battery tender. What should I do?
Old 09-06-2009, 05:02 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Bteljuice' post='1000022' date='Sep 6 2009, 08:48 AM
2 Days in Montreal and kinda too late for the warning my friend
Ha ha. Well, enjoy the Amsterdam of North America.
Old 09-06-2009, 05:04 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Bteljuice' post='1000024' date='Sep 6 2009, 08:52 AM
My car is parked outside and not in the garage. So I cant keep the hood popped all the time using the battery tender. What should I do?
Put it on a container ship to Montreal so you can be rolling in style with the ladies.

Seriously, you probably want someone to start it up and keep it running for at least a half hour at least once a week.
Old 09-06-2009, 05:24 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by sdg1871' post='1000027
Seriously, you probably want someone to start it up and keep it running for at least a half hour at least once a week.
Yeah, I guess ill tell my friend or my sister to drive the car around for a while. Dont have any other way. Although my car has never been driven other than me ( Maybe my father a few times)
Old 09-06-2009, 05:42 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Bteljuice' post='1000034' date='Sep 6 2009, 09:24 AM
Yeah seriously, I was considering that, but turned out to be extremely expansive. I saw one 5er rolling in the past 2 days. When I told some of the people around here that I have a 5er at home, they were like WWOOOOWWW a RICH KID? I heard only rich people drove BMW around here. I never knew BMWs are soo expansive around here (tax,insurance,etc..).

Yeah, I guess ill tell my friend or my sister to drive the car around for a while. Dont have any other way. Although my car has never been driven other than me ( Maybe my father a few times)
Generally in North America, BMWs are associated with the upper middle class and the rich. Of course, to buy a used one, you needn't be well off. I am aware that in other parts of the world, BMW sells models with smaller engines/less equipment than here. In the US, the base E60 sold is a 528.

And if you will be over here for 6 months to a year, you are best served by having someone else take your beloved E60 out for a spin on the regular basis.
Old 09-15-2009, 09:27 PM
Members

Ahlin Bteljuice
Can you send me your e-mail or im? I have some q. regarding your car.
the car parked in jeddah or riyadh?

with greetings