E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Overdue Photos of My 550

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 11:23 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '07 550i, Titanium gray metallic, 6spd manual, Sport, Logic 7, Nav, Cold, Comfort, Fold down rear seats, Sirius, Ipod adapter, 3M Tint. On a slow boat from Germany!

Nice car....i'm anticipating the arrival of mine soon (its on a slow boat from Germany right now!). I noticed that the rear bumper doesn't have the inserts that some have been replacing with red reflectors? Or is that rear bumper sans inserts part of the M aero kit?

Enjoy!
Old 09-17-2006, 11:52 AM
Members

My Ride: 07: 550iA [european delivery] 04: X54.4 99: 528iT 99: 540iA - 99: 528iA - 95: 525iA - 89: 560SL [retired]

Looks Great...Very Cool..I loved the M Aero Kit + M5 Spolier.Nice Taste..

Are you also going to change the wheels or keep these 124's on it..

Moreover could you tell me abit more about this iPod Interface as I also am planning to do it in my 550. Any picture of where/ how this iPod goes would also be helpful. Does it charge with the connector or do you have to supply seperate power. How much was the install, if I may ask, If I can speak with you that would be great also regarding that. Please drop me an e-mail so I can send you my phone contact.

I am New to this forum..Used to Roadfly for years...But this is great. I just took the Eurpoean Delivery of my 550 just 3 weeks ago and expecring the car to get here in about two weeks..will post the pics then....Thanks again and I look forward to more information ( by the way I did download soem information from your earlier postings...but am Not clear where this iPod goes?..In the glove box or in the center console...do you connect with the Aux input in the back of the central console or this is a Totally a New setup?..Thanks..appreciated very much
Old 09-18-2006, 08:47 AM
Members

Looks Awesome! Does anyone know where I can get the M Aero kit for my 550i in Los Angeles?
Old 09-20-2006, 06:32 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by rchaas' post='334854' date='Sep 15 2006, 02:23 PM
Nice car....i'm anticipating the arrival of mine soon (its on a slow boat from Germany right now!). I noticed that the rear bumper doesn't have the inserts that some have been replacing with red reflectors? Or is that rear bumper sans inserts part of the M aero kit?

Enjoy!
M Aero rear bumper doesn't take inserts.
Old 09-20-2006, 06:33 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by aR550' post='335488' date='Sep 17 2006, 02:52 PM

Moreover could you tell me abit more about this iPod Interface as I also am planning to do it in my 550. Any picture of where/ how this iPod goes would also be helpful. Does it charge with the connector or do you have to supply seperate power. How much was the install, if I may ask, If I can speak with you that would be great also regarding that. Please drop me an e-mail so I can send you my phone contact.

I am New to this forum..Used to Roadfly for years...But this is great. I just took the Eurpoean Delivery of my 550 just 3 weeks ago and expecring the car to get here in about two weeks..will post the pics then....Thanks again and I look forward to more information ( by the way I did download soem information from your earlier postings...but am Not clear where this iPod goes?..In the glove box or in the center console...do you connect with the Aux input in the back of the central console or this is a Totally a New setup?..Thanks..appreciated very much
I have sent you a direct message...
Old 09-20-2006, 06:37 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by aR550' post='335488' date='Sep 17 2006, 02:52 PM

The interface is totally a separate unit form the aux input. The interface for the E- 60 goes where the 6 cd changer was behind the glovebox.
Old 10-08-2006, 05:06 AM
Members

My Ride: 2003 Z4 3.0, Black/Tan Leather, Premium Pkg, Sport Pkg, GPS, Premium Pro7 Sound, 6 manual, Xenon. 2001 325i, Black/Tan Leather, Premium Pkg, Sport Pkg, Premium Sound, 6 Steptronic. 1997 528i, Black/Tan Leather, Premium Pkg, Premium Sound, 6 manual. 1995 325i, Black/Tan Leather, Premium Pkg, 5 manual. 1991 318i, Diamond Shwartz Black/Tan Leather, 5 manual.

Originally Posted by Veight' post='331025' date='Sep 5 2006, 11:41 AM
Although I took delivery of my 550 on June 24th, I have not yet posted pics due to a variety of excuses.

I took these pics with a Canon EOS 1 on film and transferred to digital.

1) They were repaving the streets in my subdivision and it was difficult to get the car out of the garage during this time.

2) Was traveling and on vacation.

3) Had my driveway re blacktopped.

4) Had my car in to BMW paint shop because the aero kit (installed at the NJ port was full of paint defects that took my BMW paint shop over a week to fix.

I have done the following d.i.y. modifications since 6/24.

a) Installed eject box and V3 Razr snap in adaptor.
b) Installed wiring for Valentine radar dectector.
c) Installed Ipod interface and had BMW load software (took 3 hours for the software update this past Sat).
One pic shows a sample album and songs on Ipod screen. The Ipod adaptor took me a little over an hour to do myself without instructions on how to remove the glovebox. I had no 6 CD changer just prewire.
d) Install of M spoiler.

I have my my Wife's MY 03 325xi in the background on a couple of shots. Its painted in a custom color, silverstone blue metallic, which was only available std on early 5 series in 2003.

Let me see if I can attach pics...
Old 10-08-2006, 05:10 AM
Members

My Ride: 2003 Z4 3.0, Black/Tan Leather, Premium Pkg, Sport Pkg, GPS, Premium Pro7 Sound, 6 manual, Xenon. 2001 325i, Black/Tan Leather, Premium Pkg, Sport Pkg, Premium Sound, 6 Steptronic. 1997 528i, Black/Tan Leather, Premium Pkg, Premium Sound, 6 manual. 1995 325i, Black/Tan Leather, Premium Pkg, 5 manual. 1991 318i, Diamond Shwartz Black/Tan Leather, 5 manual.

Originally Posted by Veight' post='331025' date='Sep 5 2006, 11:41 AM
Although I took delivery of my 550 on June 24th, I have not yet posted pics due to a variety of excuses.

I took these pics with a Canon EOS 1 on film and transferred to digital.

1) They were repaving the streets in my subdivision and it was difficult to get the car out of the garage during this time.

2) Was traveling and on vacation.

3) Had my driveway re blacktopped.

4) Had my car in to BMW paint shop because the aero kit (installed at the NJ port was full of paint defects that took my BMW paint shop over a week to fix.

I have done the following d.i.y. modifications since 6/24.

a) Installed eject box and V3 Razr snap in adaptor.
b) Installed wiring for Valentine radar dectector.
c) Installed Ipod interface and had BMW load software (took 3 hours for the software update this past Sat).
One pic shows a sample album and songs on Ipod screen. The Ipod adaptor took me a little over an hour to do myself without instructions on how to remove the glovebox. I had no 6 CD changer just prewire.
d) Install of M spoiler.

I have my my Wife's MY 03 325xi in the background on a couple of shots. Its painted in a custom color, silverstone blue metallic, which was only available std on early 5 series in 2003.

Let me see if I can attach pics...

Ok you have the car that I will order in 3 weeks (still torn between the jet black and the silver grey exterior!!!). Quick question on the aero kit... the kit comes primed and the dealer has to remove factory bumpers and side rails, prime, paint and reinstall the M aero kit? How much did it cost if you don't mind?
I know the aero kit is approximately $1,700.00.
Old 10-08-2006, 06:22 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

very nice car and a nice garage floor too.