E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Ordered a facelifted 525d

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 02:57 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great opinions all, thank you. In Finland ACC is NOT a no cost option (too bad really). But here every car comes with the Cold Weather Package.
Of course I would like to have M-kit and Navi etc. but like I said, I really can't afford these options. If I need Navi, maybe I will buy some aftermarket GPS unit for much less (won't look as clean as OEM of course).

Looks like the new 525d will have 17" style (/code?) 2SD rims as standard. Plan was to use them in winter tires, and probably install 19" OEM M5 wheels with nice summer tires instantly when I pick the car. I will probably get the M-aerokit from Germany at export price (OEM M5 wheels also), which is very cheap.
Old 01-15-2007, 09:32 AM
Members

Originally Posted by tume' post='378436' date='Jan 15 2007, 12:57 PM
Great opinions all, thank you. In Finland ACC is NOT a no cost option (too bad really). But here every car comes with the Cold Weather Package.
Of course I would like to have M-kit and Navi etc. but like I said, I really can't afford these options. If I need Navi, maybe I will buy some aftermarket GPS unit for much less (won't look as clean as OEM of course).

Looks like the new 525d will have 17" style (/code?) 2SD rims as standard. Plan was to use them in winter tires, and probably install 19" OEM M5 wheels with nice summer tires instantly when I pick the car. I will probably get the M-aerokit from Germany at export price (OEM M5 wheels also), which is very cheap.

Don't worry, I ordered friday the same car in touring, the 525d has 16"wheels, but you can get later the larger wheels.
Good luck with waiting. Prod. schedule is 2nd week of march.

Watch out: the sport steering wheel is just a little smaller than original but equal as thin, the M sport is somthing really different and much beefier to handle.
Old 01-15-2007, 09:48 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Congrats tume. The 525d is a great choise!

Since the car is coming to Finland, I would forget about the Sport Suspension, Sport Steering Wheel...

Colors are up to you (but don't waste any extra money on these),
but get the Comfort Seats, Active Steering and Automatic transmission!

The wheels should be 17" and 225/50! The wheels are worthy the oder OEM!
T??ll? on pahasti uraiset tiet - so the best winter tyres are 16" 225/55.

Hifi-package (or better) and Rear Folding Seats are great to have and the Xenons are a must.

The Cruise Control with Breaking feature should be standard as a leather steering wheel.

Just think this over a few times.
Old 01-15-2007, 01:41 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Originally Posted by Ricracing' post='378582' date='Jan 15 2007, 07:48 PM
Congrats tume. The 525d is a great choise!

Since the car is coming to Finland, I would forget about the Sport Suspension, Sport Steering Wheel...

Colors are up to you (but don't waste any extra money on these),
but get the Comfort Seats, Active Steering and Automatic transmission!

The wheels should be 17" and 225/50! The wheels are worthy the oder OEM!
T??ll? on pahasti uraiset tiet - so the best winter tyres are 16" 225/55.

Hifi-package (or better) and Rear Folding Seats are great to have and the Xenons are a must.

The Cruise Control with Breaking feature should be standard as a leather steering wheel.

Just think this over a few times.
As Ricracing mentioned above, consider getting the Comfort seats or at least the Sports seats. I test drove a car with standard seats and was shocked how uncomfortable they were. You may get a fantastic engine, great looks, fun extras, but if its too umcomfortable to drive, what use is any other option to you?! I have the sport seats and they do the job just fine - would however get the comfort seats if budget permitted.

As for the rest, great choice. The M-Sport upgrade and M166s will also be a fantastic first mod!

Cheers

p.s. Welcome on board!!
Old 01-19-2007, 01:18 AM
Members

You should stop suggesting all these options I can't afford, unless you are going to do some charity and donate money for me
Old 01-19-2007, 02:05 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Raighne' post='378075' date='Jan 14 2007, 05:45 PM
- sports steering wheel is a great choice
- xenons are wonderful... make sure they are also adaptive
Re: Sports steering wheel - what does it give? Is it a case of less is more and another tool whereby to throw passengers around?

Re: Adaptive Headlights - perhaps I would only see the big deal if I ever had driven an e60 without them. Maybe they are wonderful - but in an extremely understated way.

ABC
Old 01-19-2007, 02:26 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 320d SE (E90) manual - Sapphire Black, Beige Leather Sports Seats, Burled Walnut, Heated Seats, Sunroof, Comfort Access, Hi-Fi sound, Bluetooth, Side-Window blinds, Through-Load, Luggage Net, PDC Front & Rear, Adaptive Xenons, Style 158 17", Chrome Grill & Window Trim, Blackline Tailights, Power folding/dimming side mirrors, Split Armrest, Dual Zone Climate, Cruise, LEDs on door handles, iPod nano, SE K750i

Originally Posted by aybeesea' post='380467' date='Jan 19 2007, 11:05 AM
Re: Sports steering wheel - what does it give? Is it a case of less is more and another tool whereby to throw passengers around?

Re: Adaptive Headlights - perhaps I would only see the big deal if I ever had driven an e60 without them. Maybe they are wonderful - but in an extremely understated way.
IMO, the sports steering wheel looks great and feels great and is a relatively low-cost option - of course, it may not appeal to everyone.

Having tried with and without adaptive headlights, I can tell you that they make a difference particularly on winding country rounds on black nights. They are certainly understated and subtle but to me this is just good design as they are never a distraction. Xenons are already expensive, adaptive doesn't cost much more... it's kind of a shame to leave them out when you've already gone so far.
Old 01-19-2007, 02:29 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 520i History: Ford Cougar -00, Volvo S40 -04, Renault Laguna -03, Citroën Xsara -98, Citröen ZX -93, Citröen BX -88

Originally Posted by 525iSE' post='377973' date='Jan 14 2007, 01:34 PM
You don't wanna miss these:

1. Logic 7
2. HUD
3. Active Cruise Control (if not already)
4. Adaptive Xenon Lights (if not already)
5. Professional Navigation (Can live without)
Give the man a break - those options alone (In Denmark, at least) cost as much as a reasonable family car
Anyway, no matter what options you decide on, you're really going to enjoy owning this one, especially if it is your very first car...

I'm a bit envious though; MY first car was a beat-up, 17 years old Morris !
Old 01-19-2007, 05:07 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Originally Posted by tume' post='380465' date='Jan 19 2007, 11:18 AM
You should stop suggesting all these options I can't afford, unless you are going to do some charity and donate money for me

...just trying to avoid disappointment actually. Ordering the HiFI option instead of one of the seat options is not going to help you much on a long journey if the seats are not comfortable for you - other than to distract you from the back pains!

As for the other suggestions, I agree, not helping you much if you are already maxed out on your budget.

Cheers
Old 01-22-2007, 05:43 AM
Members

My Ride: 525d LCI - xenon, tv function,grey dakota leather,titanium silver,244 radial spokes.

What are the specs on the facelifted 525d? bhp? 0 to 100 timing?
I am confused if i should get a 525i or a 525d?

Quick Reply: Ordered a facelifted 525d