E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Ordered an 08 550 Sport

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 12:22 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 11 550i Sophisto Gray/Oyster Black/Anthracite, Sprt Trns, DHP, IAS, SP, PP1, PP2, CWP, HUD, DAP, AVSP, SF RS, CA, ACC - Euro Del

Yesterday evening I ordered a 550 Sport in Carbon Black, with Black Dakota leather and Bamboo Anthracite wood trim. After seeing Bamboo Anthracite wood trim on an X5, I went with that. On the the X5 it was black with hints of brown which is better looking than the straight black in the sales brochure. With its delicate figuring it is quite beautiful. I also liked the fact that it is renewable, environmentally responsible material. I almost stayed with the Dark Poplar because my 1901 Frank Lloyd Wright has stained Poplar wood trim. However environmental responsibility and my preference for new, innovative materials won out.

This will be my fourth European Delivery BMW since 2001. It is a great program and a fine way to save a few bucks. The savings are substantial. I paid $1200 over ED Wholesale pricing with the BMW FS Buy Rate, BMW FS Owner Loyalty Program, and no bump on the acquisition fee on the lease. Given that the residual value on the lease is based upon US MSRP, not ED MSRP, this is a great deal. The savings is reduced by burning my charge card airline miles plus the other travel costs which are basically part of a great vacation. Since I am an architect I am going to try and worm my way into the new, soon to be opened, European Delivery Center by Coop Himmelblau Architects.
Old 05-01-2007, 12:51 AM
CWG
Members

My Ride: 08 550i Titanium Silver, Black interior, sport package, steptronic

sounds like a great car, a great deal and a great trip.
Old 05-01-2007, 12:59 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 E60 M5/SMG (LCI) Interlagos Blue/Black Merino Aux input, sun protection glass, Bluetooth, Voice control

Originally Posted by pharding' post='419696' date='May 1 2007, 09:22 AM
Yesterday evening I ordered a 550 Sport in Carbon Black, with Black Dakota leather and Bamboo Anthracite wood trim. After seeing Bamboo Anthracite wood trim on an X5, I went with that. On the the X5 it was black with hints of brown which is better looking than the straight black in the sales brochure. With its delicate figuring it is quite beautiful. I also liked the fact that it is renewable, environmentally responsible material. I almost stayed with the Dark Poplar because my 1901 Frank Lloyd Wright has stained Poplar wood trim. However environmental responsibility and my preference for new, innovative materials won out.

This will be my fourth European Delivery BMW since 2001. It is a great program and a fine way to save a few bucks. The savings are substantial. I paid $1200 over ED Wholesale pricing with the BMW FS Buy Rate, BMW FS Owner Loyalty Program, and no bump on the acquisition fee on the lease. Given that the residual value on the lease is based upon US MSRP, not ED MSRP, this is a great deal. The savings is reduced by burning my charge card airline miles plus the other travel costs which are basically part of a great vacation. Since I am an architect I am going to try and worm my way into the new, soon to be opened, European Delivery Center by Coop Himmelblau Architects.
great purchase.. well done.
interesting though that you're so careful to pick renewable material, thinking about the planet.... then purchase a car with a 4.8l engine ... hahahaha.

not that i'm against it you understand!
Old 05-01-2007, 01:00 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by pharding' post='419696' date='May 1 2007, 09:22 AM
I also liked the fact that it is renewable, environmentally responsible material. I almost stayed with the Dark Poplar because my 1901 Frank Lloyd Wright has stained Poplar wood trim. However environmental responsibility and my preference for new, innovative materials won out.
You think these trims have any wood in them? If they do, it's microns thick and has a carbon footprint associated with its manufacture anyway.

ABC
Old 05-01-2007, 03:34 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 11 550i Sophisto Gray/Oyster Black/Anthracite, Sprt Trns, DHP, IAS, SP, PP1, PP2, CWP, HUD, DAP, AVSP, SF RS, CA, ACC - Euro Del

I agree with the above posts. If the the BMW diesels engines were available here now I would have gone diesel. Undoubtedly this will be my last gasoline engine car. I intend to get a diesel engine the next time.
Old 05-01-2007, 03:37 AM
Contributors

That's going to be a fantastic machine.

Which tranny did you order?

Good luck with the wait.
Old 05-01-2007, 03:41 AM
Senior Members

Sounds great. New sport tranny?
Old 05-01-2007, 04:04 AM
Senior Members

Yes, I ordered the sport tranny. That is the most important option on a 550. I just changed my signature to add that.
Old 05-01-2007, 04:48 AM
Members

My Ride: 2007 550i Auto, monaco blue met., black Dakota leather, burl walnut trim, sport package, active steering, Navi, HUD, cold weather package, comfort access, heated rear seats, rear sunshades, rear side air bags, rear deck spoiler, Logic 7 w/CD changer,
Model Year: 2007

Great choice! You'll love it.

IMHO ED is the best way to take delivery. The new delivery center in Munich "BMW Welt" is going to open this summer. Looks awesome on the website http://www.bmw-welt.com.

Have fun!
Old 05-01-2007, 08:06 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pharding' post='419696' date='May 1 2007, 04:22 AM
The savings are substantial. I paid $1200 over ED Wholesale pricing with the BMW FS Buy Rate, BMW FS Owner Loyalty Program, and no bump on the acquisition fee on the lease.
I have on order a 550 sport for my second ED on July 30, interested in details on your lease deal:

Did you pay BMW FS buy rate without the 0.00030 bump for ED?, I am under the impression that BMW adds 0.00030 for all ED.
BMW FS Owner Loyalty Program I understand is a MF of reduction of 0.00070 to the MF.

This is what I have today (Locked in April rates)

BMW FS Buy Rate 0.00250,
Deduction loyalty program 0.00070
ED add 0.00030
Net Buy Rate MF of 0.00210, plus dealer mark up

How are you calculating your MF?

Quick Reply: Ordered an 08 550 Sport