E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

is this option possible?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2004, 03:37 AM
MEX
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok, i used to have a 330 Ci and a 328 Ci before that one, so very used to coupes, now i have a problem, every time i try to open my window i get confused and open the one in the back door. So i was thinking, is it possible to have my dealer or somewhere else moded the lock button so if keep it pressed i can close all windows and the sunroof?? i think i read somewhere that it was possible in an e46.

thanks
Old 08-14-2004, 03:42 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

It is standard on european E60's. In us this option is not available due to legal issues.
Old 08-14-2004, 03:54 AM
MEX
Senior Members

now im confused!!
i dont know if my car is more euro or us, i think in most things it fits the euro specs.

anyway, do you think my dealer can take care of this? its definetly not a legal issue here in mexico so there is no prob with my windows going up, besides i have no children and i drive by myself 95 % of the time, so i really want to be able to close all the windows with one button
Old 08-14-2004, 03:56 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Then they should be able to give you the option by setting the cars setting correctly for closing windows with key.

btw. sorry I didn't see you were from mexico.
Old 08-14-2004, 04:04 AM
MEX
Senior Members

ohhh wait hold on hold on!! maybe i wasnt that specific in my question!!!

the option to close the windows with the key i have it
i meant the lock button in the dash . being able to close all windows and sunroof by depressing the lock button in the dashboard

anyone heard of this being possible?
if not, am i the only one with this weird request??

tnx
Old 08-14-2004, 04:07 AM
Contributors

Ahaaaa... I didn't know you meant that.. I've never seen that option in the E60. In my old 330ci convertible I had a special windowbutton to open and close all windows.
Old 08-14-2004, 04:35 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

You have the control switches for all windows in the drivers door. One button would be easier indeed, but that would save you maybe one second... The E60 doesn't have one button to close all windows. Usually only available on Coupes and Convertibles.