E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

OPINION ON OFFER MADE BY DEALER

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 01:11 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535xi / Platinum Grey / Black leather / Step Auto / Sport / Premium / Cold weather / 18" wheels / Logic 7 / Comfort / ipod / Navigation / Fold Down Rear Seats / Rear Airbags / Sirius SAT / Spoiler / Extended Clear bra / Bluetooth. (Previously owned a 2002 sport 525I Loaded). On order: 535xi Platnium Grey with Black interior, Step Auto, Sports package, Premium package, Cold weather package, 18" wheels, Logic 7, Comfort access, ipod adapt, Navigation, Sat radio, Rear spoiler, Extended Clear coat bra.

Originally Posted by boukehj' post='454108' date='Aug 1 2007, 04:23 PM
You had some pretty hefty problems. They were all solved under warranty. Still it wasn't a nice period for you and - as I recall correctly - you expected other rims on the car than the ones that were delivered.

Did the thought even cross your mind that they are genuinly trying to offer you some compensation? And as far as I could deduct, they have not even offered to take back your car, so what is that about a recall?

Frankly, part of me hopes that the dealership is reading this thread. I know what I would do if I were them...
Thanks for the honest opinion. My car does not have the sports pack so it was probably someone else with the wheels. My situation is based entirely on the pretense that if you purchase a new luxury vehicle upwards of $60,000 you should have the expectation of enjoyment for the break in period and beyond which was not the case with mine. My car has been to the dealer on more than 10 occassions to the point that everyone already knows me there. I believe you might not have understood the question. That's why it's a question ??????? This is the reason I'm asking because this is what they were discussing, should they give me a new car or not. Conssesions or not you have to wonder the offer, so I ask. Foolish me if I did not enquire and except it as if everything is ok. In the 3 months that I have owned this car I must have driven it 2 weeks with no problems but always a problem for the other months in between. If the dealer is reading this I have no problem with that. Don't always settle for what sounds good, I'll sell the George Washington Bridge for $1.00.

Thanks..Rick..
Old 08-01-2007, 01:12 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535xi / Platinum Grey / Black leather / Step Auto / Sport / Premium / Cold weather / 18" wheels / Logic 7 / Comfort / ipod / Navigation / Fold Down Rear Seats / Rear Airbags / Sirius SAT / Spoiler / Extended Clear bra / Bluetooth. (Previously owned a 2002 sport 525I Loaded). On order: 535xi Platnium Grey with Black interior, Step Auto, Sports package, Premium package, Cold weather package, 18" wheels, Logic 7, Comfort access, ipod adapt, Navigation, Sat radio, Rear spoiler, Extended Clear coat bra.

Thanks guys for the feedback I appreciate your time.
Old 08-01-2007, 01:45 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 Mercedes CLS63 AMG Designo Graphite with white leather interior Keyless Go, Heated/Ventilated seats, Parktronic

I agree to take the money/wheels and run (so-to-speak). Just don't sign anything releasing their (BMW dealer's) liability and you should be fine. You're still well under warranty.
Old 08-01-2007, 04:53 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i with 325HP 6 speed Steptronic trans with DVD NAV, Heads Up Display, Logic7 sound system, Rear sunshade, Sport Package....

Take the cash and wheels... and if you don't have the extended warranty have them (BMW and Dealer) give it to you....then at least all problems/issues will be covered...

Good Luck....

Jay
Old 08-01-2007, 04:56 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

Originally Posted by jay545i' post='454215' date='Aug 1 2007, 07:53 PM
Take the cash and wheels... and if you don't have the extended warranty have them (BMW and Dealer) give it to you....then at least all problems/issues will be covered...

Good Luck....

Jay
ask for the tire and wheel insurance plan as well, those rims are expensive to replace if they get ruined.
Old 08-01-2007, 05:23 PM
Members

I apologize for entering this discussion late and not having knowledge of all of the facts.

I am not aware of all the problems that you encountered.

Were your problems with the quality of the repair work done on your car, or with mechanical difficulties with the car? If your problems were the later, remember, the dealership did not build the car.

If the problems have been from the original build, and the dealership is offering you $3000 and wheels, that appears to me to be a genuine and generous gesture to retain your business.
Old 08-01-2007, 07:58 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by enelrojo' post='454227' date='Aug 1 2007, 09:23 PM
I apologize for entering this discussion late and not having knowledge of all of the facts.

I am not aware of all the problems that you encountered.

Were your problems with the quality of the repair work done on your car, or with mechanical difficulties with the car? If your problems were the later, remember, the dealership did not build the car.

If the problems have been from the original build, and the dealership is offering you $3000 and wheels, that appears to me to be a genuine and generous gesture to retain your business.
mechanical difficulties with the car from the original build.
Old 08-01-2007, 08:52 PM
Members

Originally Posted by slickrick' post='454076' date='Aug 1 2007, 02:18 PM
DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THERE IS A SILENT RECALL ON THE LCI 535'S?

Hey guy's..

I just got a call from the manager at the BMW dealership where I bought my car. I don't know if many of you recall the problems I've had with my car since I purchased it on April 30th, 2007. So far the shifter has been replaced and the high pressure ........
said that they agreed it does not warrant the issue of a new car but they still would like to make me happy. He offered me some money $3000 check and things for the car like the wheels I wanted. I thought it was great until I spoke to my friend who seems to think that they know something I don't hence the question, "Is there a silent

Thanks Rick..........
Take the money and run.... signing anything would be a big no-no Just make sure the extended warranty is not void due to their mistake. Try also asking for something else, maybe ..... free service (Labor and Oil) for 100k or even M5 rims. If they agree... then its really fishy..
Old 08-01-2007, 11:18 PM
Members

Man if it was a recall they would tell you. I think it is a large chain of dealers by the sounds of it that wants to keep you happy, may not by a bmw next but there certainly trying to make sure your next 60000 is spent with them. i would as all said take the money and wheels sign nothing. and be done with it life is to short to worry and stress over somehting so simple. sorry in my mind it is. why would they do a by bakc if the car is running perfectly now !!! just no sense to that sorry.
Old 08-02-2007, 05:27 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 - 530i premium pkg, assist, but no nav. BTUM- CPT 9000 interface.
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by slickrick' post='454076' date='Aug 1 2007, 03:18 PM
DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THERE IS A SILENT RECALL ON THE LCI 535'S?

Hey guy's..

I just got a call from the manager at the BMW dealership where I bought my car. I don't know if many of you recall the problems I've had with my car since I purchased it on April 30th, 2007. So far the shifter has been replaced and the high pressure fuel pump. I also had an argument with them in regards to the clear coat bra being to short in the front of the hood which I blame for two small chips I got on the hood when I drove to Virginia. They never admitted fault and insisted that the size was the correct size. But I did receive some consessions because of it and the bra was replaced to the size I wanted.

Now to get to the question at hand, I got a call from the manager this morning and he told me that they had the meeting in regards to my issues and the attempts to replace my car. ( the car is running fine now incase anyone is wondering). The management felt that the car was fixed which is under warranty but they acknowledged that I have been disrupted in the enjoyment of my car. The manager said that they agreed it does not warrant the issue of a new car but they still would like to make me happy. He offered me some money $3000 check and things for the car like the wheels I wanted. I thought it was great until I spoke to my friend who seems to think that they know something I don't hence the question, "Is there a silent recall on these cars". He feels that if they are offerng me money and a couple of items I can still fight for the new car instead. I countered by saying that the car is fine now and suppose I attempt to argue the point and they turn around and say well the only alternative is to take them to court and I get nothing and take my chances with the legal system. I not sure and I need some valuable advice here. I'm suppose to meet with the manager tomorrow to air everything out.
Helppppppp guy's need opinions quick I know we have some attorneys on the forum.

Thanks Rick..........
If the car is running OK now, you may be ahead of the game. They have fixed the problems hopefully and probably corrected anything else they ran across in the process. When a car comes back that many times they get the best tech. to look at the car.
We figure you can find more than a dosen things wrong on most new cars if you look hard enough. You just found them early !
If you like the car, enjoy it. It may now be problem free. Take the goodies, you still have warranty. I wouldn't sign any thing. 3K is less expensive to keep a known customer satisfied than to aquire a new one.
Good luck -

Quick Reply: OPINION ON OFFER MADE BY DEALER