E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

OPINION ON OFFER MADE BY DEALER

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 11:18 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535xi / Platinum Grey / Black leather / Step Auto / Sport / Premium / Cold weather / 18" wheels / Logic 7 / Comfort / ipod / Navigation / Fold Down Rear Seats / Rear Airbags / Sirius SAT / Spoiler / Extended Clear bra / Bluetooth. (Previously owned a 2002 sport 525I Loaded). On order: 535xi Platnium Grey with Black interior, Step Auto, Sports package, Premium package, Cold weather package, 18" wheels, Logic 7, Comfort access, ipod adapt, Navigation, Sat radio, Rear spoiler, Extended Clear coat bra.

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THERE IS A SILENT RECALL ON THE LCI 535'S?

Hey guy's..

I just got a call from the manager at the BMW dealership where I bought my car. I don't know if many of you recall the problems I've had with my car since I purchased it on April 30th, 2007. So far the shifter has been replaced and the high pressure fuel pump. I also had an argument with them in regards to the clear coat bra being to short in the front of the hood which I blame for two small chips I got on the hood when I drove to Virginia. They never admitted fault and insisted that the size was the correct size. But I did receive some consessions because of it and the bra was replaced to the size I wanted.

Now to get to the question at hand, I got a call from the manager this morning and he told me that they had the meeting in regards to my issues and the attempts to replace my car. ( the car is running fine now incase anyone is wondering). The management felt that the car was fixed which is under warranty but they acknowledged that I have been disrupted in the enjoyment of my car. The manager said that they agreed it does not warrant the issue of a new car but they still would like to make me happy. He offered me some money $3000 check and things for the car like the wheels I wanted. I thought it was great until I spoke to my friend who seems to think that they know something I don't hence the question, "Is there a silent recall on these cars". He feels that if they are offerng me money and a couple of items I can still fight for the new car instead. I countered by saying that the car is fine now and suppose I attempt to argue the point and they turn around and say well the only alternative is to take them to court and I get nothing and take my chances with the legal system. I not sure and I need some valuable advice here. I'm suppose to meet with the manager tomorrow to air everything out.

Helppppppp guy's need opinions quick I know we have some attorneys on the forum.

Thanks Rick..........
Old 08-01-2007, 11:24 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60

I dunno but to offer a $3000 check and wheels is a sign that they are really wanting to make you happy and content. That's what's weird... since every car salesman I've met really doesn't care that much about me AFTER I've bought the car.... They'll just pass the buck to some other dept or person if any problem arises.

Hmmm... It sounds a bit fishy if you ask me.....
Old 08-01-2007, 11:29 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

I think it is easy to get paranoid about things like this but I think the dealer is making a real effort to please you and I would take the cash and as many goodies as you can get and be happy. If there was a silent or real recall they would still take your car back. Bend them over it take the BOOTY !!Cheers
Old 08-01-2007, 11:30 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535xi / Platinum Grey / Black leather / Step Auto / Sport / Premium / Cold weather / 18" wheels / Logic 7 / Comfort / ipod / Navigation / Fold Down Rear Seats / Rear Airbags / Sirius SAT / Spoiler / Extended Clear bra / Bluetooth. (Previously owned a 2002 sport 525I Loaded). On order: 535xi Platnium Grey with Black interior, Step Auto, Sports package, Premium package, Cold weather package, 18" wheels, Logic 7, Comfort access, ipod adapt, Navigation, Sat radio, Rear spoiler, Extended Clear coat bra.

Originally Posted by BigMike' post='454081' date='Aug 1 2007, 03:24 PM
I dunno but to offer a $3000 check and wheels is a sign that they are really wanting to make you happy and content. That's what's weird... since every car salesman I've met really doesn't care that much about me AFTER I've bought the car.... They'll just pass the buck to some other dept or person if any problem arises.

Hmmm... It sounds a bit fishy if you ask me.....
At this point I'm not dealing with the sales persons. I'm dealing directly with the district manager under the GM. The GM is the owners son inlaw they own about ten highend auto dealerships. Prestige BMW in New Jersey is the one I bought my car from.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:33 AM
Members

not the most experienced member on here but personally i'd take whatever a dealer is giving me for free. what they're offering you sounds great so i'd jump on it. it does sound a little suspect but regardless you're covered under the warranty, no? you may be frustrated with inconveniences you've been experiencing but any matter taken to court makes things 10x worse and more difficult to deal with. Good luck either way...
Old 08-01-2007, 11:35 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i ZSP with Style 167 wheels

If they're not requiring you to sign a relase (and it doesn't sound like they are), it's probably a sincere "make you happy" offer. If they want you to sign a release, then I'd get suspicious. Depending on the wheels you want, the offer is probably in the aggregate north of $5000, and sounds very generous to me.

Lou
Old 08-01-2007, 11:36 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by slickrick' post='454076' date='Aug 1 2007, 02:18 PM

Hey guy's..

I just got a call from the manager at the BMW dealership where I bought my car. I don't know if many of you recall the problems I've had with my car since I purchased it on April 30th, 2007. So far the shifter has been replaced and the high pressure fuel pump. I also had an argument with them in regards to the clear coat bra being to short in the front of the hood which I blame for two small chips I got on the hood when I drove to Virginia. They never admitted fault and insisted that the size was the correct size. But I did receive some consessions because of it and the bra was replaced to the size I wanted.

Now to get to the question at hand, I got a call from the manager this morning and he told me that they had the meeting in regards to my issues and the attempts to replace my car. ( the car is running fine now incase anyone is wondering). The management felt that the car was fixed which is under warranty but they acknowledged that I have been disrupted in the enjoyment of my car. The manager said that they agreed it does not warrant the issue of a new car but they still would like to make me happy. He offered me some money $3000 check and things for the car like the wheels I wanted. I thought it was great until I spoke to my friend who seems to think that they know something I don't hence the question, "Is there a silent recall on these cars". He feels that if they are offerng me money and a couple of items I can still fight for the new car instead. I countered by saying that the car is fine now and suppose I attempt to argue the point and they turn around and say well the only alternative is to take them to court and I get nothing and take my chances with the legal system. I not sure and I need some valuable advice here. I'm suppose to meet with the manager tomorrow to air everything out.
Helppppppp guy's need opinions quick I know we have some attorneys on the forum.

Thanks Rick..........
Take the cash and wheels and run. They really don't have to do anything since they have fixed your car. $3,000 is alot , you might want to inquire what happens if problems returns after 2 months or so. Don't sign any release of obligation on their part when accepting cash.

Great deal. You negotiated well.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:02 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i - 6 speed manual (July 04 build), silver-grey/black, sports package std equipment (18", active roll, active steering, adaptive headlights), premium sound, bluetooth enabled, folding rear seat, lumbar, 3m hood/bumper protective film, rear tint, euro reflectors.

Originally Posted by slickrick' post='454076' date='Aug 1 2007, 12:18 PM

Hey guy's..

Thanks Rick..........
The problems do not seem to be that major that a replacement car would be in order. I am not an expert, but I think you would have to have a problem that could not be fixed. BMW will even go to the point of replacing an engine before they will give you a new car.

I think the money is because they screwed up on the Bra and now you have chips in your hood.

Take the money and the wheels.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:23 PM
Members

My Ride: 520d LCI, old engine, manual, black dakota, platingrau II, standard (242?) rims.

You had some pretty hefty problems. They were all solved under warranty. Still it wasn't a nice period for you and - as I recall correctly - you expected other rims on the car than the ones that were delivered.

Did the thought even cross your mind that they are genuinly trying to offer you some compensation? And as far as I could deduct, they have not even offered to take back your car, so what is that about a recall?

Frankly, part of me hopes that the dealership is reading this thread. I know what I would do if I were them...
Old 08-01-2007, 12:53 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2010 M5 alpine white, black full leather, etc.

I purchased my vehicle at Prestige and everyone I had contact with was very straight forward. I think they are just trying the best they can to keep you happy and keep you as a client in the future. Should real issues continue maybe further discussions will be necessary. As long as they are acting in good faith, which to me they certainly seem to be, take the offer and be happy that your vehicle is running and looking better than ever.

Quick Reply: OPINION ON OFFER MADE BY DEALER