E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Only Been 2 Weeks & The Cars In Service

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 02:51 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: SOLD...Jet Black 2008 550i M Sport with SAT, black interior. RPI exhaust and air scoop, 35% huper optik tint all around, CF roundels, flat black kidneys, Springfield Armory XD-40 jet black in glove box, charcoal filter removed.

Same thing happened when I bought my car a few years back - mine was also CPO'd and still under factory warranty. I found out that if you call the BMW roadside assistance the battery is covered with ZERO cost. Not so if you take it in or have it towed etc.

I'm telling you this from first hand experience, so naysayers buzz off.

Best thing to do if under factory warranty with roadside assistance in a situation like this is to call BMW roadside and have them take care of it.

OP, curious, did you call BMW roadside or some other (AAA) roadside service?
Old 02-22-2011, 05:33 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 535i

Originally Posted by bha7176
Same thing happened when I bought my car a few years back - mine was also CPO'd and still under factory warranty. I found out that if you call the BMW roadside assistance the battery is covered with ZERO cost. Not so if you take it in or have it towed etc.

I'm telling you this from first hand experience, so naysayers buzz off.
I took mine in and they replaced it at no cost.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:21 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by white535xi
as long as ur under warranty have no worries
My cars under warranty and I took it in for the same battery discharge issue. They told me I don't drive the car enough, when I drive the car 80miles round trip daily. They refused to change it because of the "unfavorable condition" and wanted to charge $400. Warranty doesn't cover the battery 100% just thought I'd throw it out there.
Old 02-23-2011, 04:31 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 500i

Dealer wants $533 for the new battery installation and will not cover it under warranty. They said they have to teach the car it has a new battery and the total is over $500 which is insane! I don't understand why they can't put it under warranty, hopefully the dealer I purchased the car from can help me out sucks there 3 hours away. Btw I used BMW road side for the tow. I just called another BMW dealer they told me $299-349 installed, I figure I cough up the 349 incase the battery discharge light comes on again and then they blame the autozone battrey if I buy that. BMW is a loose loose, hopefully this womt be a ongoing issue
Old 02-23-2011, 09:02 AM
Members

I contacted the dealership which I purchased my car from 2 weeks ago, they have agreed to split the $350 cost with me. Im not too trilled about buying a battrey due to an faulty battrey from the start, but i truly appreciate the gesture of Tenafly BMW for making things right after the sale is compete. I will never go to Union Park BMW, I have no idea why there is an $150 difference between two bmw dealerships 10mi apart.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:49 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i

II can't believe that dealer wants 533. That's robbery.
Old 02-23-2011, 10:21 AM
Members

Tell me about it!
Battrey:$227
Install & register $295!!

I guess you got to pay to play with these higher end German cars.
Old 02-23-2011, 11:12 AM
Senior Members

Dealer should pay for it...no splitting the cost nonsense. Most dealers here cover the battery. I know its far but try Flemington BMW in south NJ or Prestige in north NJ. They would cover it without a problem. Flemington BMW was my selling dealer and I get the car serviced at Prestige.

Union BMW lost a customer. If they had covered the battery under warranty you would have been impressed and would have most likely taken your car for future maintenance to them. They lost a customer. :thumbsdown:
Old 02-23-2011, 11:30 AM
Members

My Ride: 04' E46 325i Sold 05' E60 53oi Sold (tranny issues) 08' E92 328i coupe 6spd MT (Current ride)

+1 dealer pays for batt... Cpo paid for mines.. I say call around to other dealerships thats BS that u have to pay for it! Especially since u just got ur car.. If I were u I'd talk to the person who sold u the car n explain to him what's going on n u shouldn't have to pay for the battery
Old 02-23-2011, 12:07 PM
Members

Originally Posted by aretardedorange
Dealer should pay for it...no splitting the cost nonsense. Most dealers here cover the battery. I know its far but try Flemington BMW in south NJ or Prestige in north NJ. They would cover it without a problem. Flemington BMW was my selling dealer and I get the car serviced at Prestige.

Union BMW lost a customer. If they had covered the battery under warranty you would have been impressed and would have most likely taken your car for future maintenance to them. They lost a customer. :thumbsdown:
Just amazes me at the variability among different dealers in quality of services and not doing everything to bleed your pockets dry.

Quick Reply: Only Been 2 Weeks & The Cars In Service