E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

One Week to 550 ED

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007 | 05:25 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i, Alpine White, Beige Ltr, Sport Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Premium Sound, Active Steering, Comfort Access, Steptronic, Nav, Satellite Radio, Split Fold Rear Seats, V1

Jonathan,

You are a wealth of knowledge as always. I have read your BMWCCA write ups on the Welt center and very much appreciate your efforts to keep us abreast of the new delivery center. I will go over to the forums and get hooked up with the folks over there. I am already a registered member there. It looks like BMW showed you a first class experience. I am looking forward to walking in your Munich footsteps.

I am trying to squeeze a lot of missions into one trip. I am excited about visiting the new Welt Delivery Center and look forward to my new car, I am playing tourist, and visiting friends who just relocated to Stuttgart. Thus the round trip to Paris and back to Munich.

All good advise on the weather. Anyone have any insight about road conditions this time of the year. Most of my European friends indicate that road snow accumulation is unlikely this early in the season.

I did see the transit strike in France. This is going to be inconvenient but I will deal with any residual issues as they come up.

Thanx everyone!
Old 11-20-2007 | 05:38 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E46 330, E60 550 on order: Carbon Black/Natural Brown, 6MT.

Originally Posted by MidnightRider' post='496787' date='Nov 20 2007, 09:25 AM
Jonathan,

You are a wealth of knowledge as always. I have read your BMWCCA write ups on the Welt center and very much appreciate your efforts to keep us abreast of the new delivery center. I will go over to the forums and get hooked up with the folks over there. I am already a registered member there. It looks like BMW showed you a first class experience. I am looking forward to walking in your Munich footsteps.

I am trying to squeeze a lot of missions into one trip. I am excited about visiting the new Welt Delivery Center and look forward to my new car, I am playing tourist, and visiting friends who just relocated to Stuttgart. Thus the round trip to Paris and back to Munich.

All good advise on the weather. Anyone have any insight about road conditions this time of the year. Most of my European friends indicate that road snow accumulation is unlikely this early in the season.

I did see the transit strike in France. This is going to be inconvenient but I will deal with any residual issues as they come up.

Thanx everyone!
They have already had at least one significant snow event this year. As with anything, be cautious.
Old 11-20-2007 | 05:57 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i, Alpine White, Beige Ltr, Sport Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Premium Sound, Active Steering, Comfort Access, Steptronic, Nav, Satellite Radio, Split Fold Rear Seats, V1

Thanx - I have my eyes on the forecast. Packing an ice scraper too!
Old 11-20-2007 | 06:19 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by MidnightRider' post='496787' date='Nov 20 2007, 09:25 AM
Jonathan,

Thanks for your kind words. I'm not sure where your friends are (those who indicated road snow accumulation is unlikely) but the conditions in Southern Germany and Austria have been snowy and icy. The Autobahn A21 around Vienna was closed for 22 hours a few days ago due to accidents (mostly due to trucks that didn't have winter tires). It was a catastrophe with drivers stuck on the road for as much as 12 hours.

In fact in Austria, they are today discussing new laws mandating winter tires. See http://derstandard.at/?id=3117429