E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

ok... its official.. my son is an addict too

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 03:47 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Which Audi do you own?
Old 05-13-2008, 04:08 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 05 530i M Sport Sedan / Silver Grey

I have a 22 month old so evey time i got to the toy store i look for BMW matchbox cars or similar for him. BMW must not have licensing arrangements with these toy companies as i have never seen one yet, what is up with that?
My mate works for Mercedes and he gave my son a AMG CLK model and i was like...."hey what do you think you are doing", my wife whacked me across the ear so i restrained my self like any self respecting trained hubby would do
I was even at a store today and i some how found myself in the toy department strolling down the isle looking for the holy grail, i was diappointed of coarse so i bought him some other stuff instead.
I know you can get the scale model cars but they are expensinve as he will destroy them in a few seoncds, case in point i gave him one of my Porshce die cast replica's and within (literally) five seconds he had broken the windscreen........i was like " oh well" however if someone else had done it would have been....."LETS GET IT ON". Funny about that hey .

Anyway.....Audi's are like the sneakers you run in when it is rainy and muddy (AWD) and you don't wan to get your special occasion sneakers (BMW) wet and dirty.

I have a VW Touareg as a family car.....it is my hicking boots.
Old 05-13-2008, 04:45 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

Originally Posted by doclionel' post='579355' date='May 13 2008, 07:47 AM
Which Audi do you own?
I have an A6, 4.2 2005.. leased so it goes back end of June.. best car i had till now

and MatyB- my audi was definitly like that.. good analogy..in the rain it even performed better.. almost hugged the pavement... i did baby it though.. being black i kept it sooo clean.. never had a problem with it.. the last few months though ive been ignoring her big time.. shes got pollen all over in my driveway.. tire is getting low.. (truly i feel guilty) lol.. and i hear you on the car models.. i have looked as well..although being the gearhead that my son is.. we end up buying chevelles and Grand Nationals. (ahh my favorite as a teen).. ex had one.. i dont recall ever seeing a bmw.. maybe at the dealership they have them? i think ive seen them in the audi catalog.. maybe bmw has them too for the youngins.. ? although probably too expensive for your toddler.. hell destroy it. ull have to save it for when he gets big..lol.. Mel
Old 05-13-2008, 04:59 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 Space Grey/Black leather 535xi - Premium, Ipod, Cold Weather, Dinan Stage 2, Sprintbooster

I got my 4 year old son the BMW bike. It's pretty cool, no pedals to start so he can practice balancing on the bike and then you add the pedals once he's mastered the balance aspect. As a side note, I used to have an X5 and switched to a 535xi. I'm in the middle of a nasty custody fight so I enjoy any chance I get to stick it to the ex. Anyway, as I pulled up to their house in the new car, he was a bit hesitant to get in. Once he saw the roundel on the wheel, he said "oh look, it's a BMW, I like these," right in front of his mother. As another BMW forum would say, status kill.
Old 05-13-2008, 05:07 AM
Members

Originally Posted by the missile' post='579335' date='May 13 2008, 05:36 PM
good one....

my son started when he was 3....he got his own bmw from his grampa.......a go kart....... but his feet were too far from the pedals so he had to have some midget blocks attached to the pedals.....

he is well happy as is my daughter, since we got the new E61....my daughters words whilst sitting in it for the first time....

'CA c'est de la bagnole' = 'now THIS is a car" - shes not quite 9 !!!
She knows a UDM when she sees one
Old 05-13-2008, 05:53 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 530i Individual, DVD Package, HUD, Bluetooth, Comfort Seats, SR, etc

my daughters three , she told me the other day "when I grow up like you buy me a small bmw but maybe PINK" ...... i was like ohhh dear...i better not go broke when she grows up and she better not marry a bum...or else she is gonna have issues lol...........