E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official Clarification on Ventilated Seats

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2005, 08:37 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I was hoping that I can get some official clarification on Ventilated seats. For the most part everyone hear on this forum has said that in order to get vetilated you need to order Comfort seats and Nasca leather, Iceman has also confirmed this.

But check this out, while ordering my new 5 the dealer said that in order for me to order Ventilated seats I have to order the premium pkg with it and that's it. It didn't make sense at first so I called 2 additional dealerships and they confirmed exactly what mine said, "to get ventilated(453) the only requirement is premium".

I even said that I need to have Nasca and they agreed but they said when I order Ventilated + premium together the leather that comes with the premium pkg will be Nasca Leather. The dealership also confirmed that I Don't need comfort seats either.

This is all New news to me and contradicts what everyone here has been saying. Maybe for 2006 this is new. What do you guys think? Can this be oficially confirmed some how?

Peace
Old 03-15-2005, 09:06 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Humm interesting... maybe... did you ask if this was new for 06? Try and order it and see what happens...
Old 03-15-2005, 11:35 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As I'm in the UK there is no such thing as premium package. All are seperate options. I guess the premium package in the US includes Comfort Seats then if that allows ventilated seats. Nasca leather is the type of leather which has the tiny perforated holes so the air from the fans can come out.
Old 03-17-2005, 12:33 PM
Members

Well things have changed, now they are telling me that I Have to pay additionally for the Nasca leather, but still don't need comfort seats.

So here is the breakdown:

U6SW Black Leather $1850

ZPP Premium Pkg $2000
-319 UGDO Universal Garage Door Opener
-430 Self-Diming interior and exterior mirrors
-431 Auto-Dimming rearview
-488 Lumbar Support
-563 Ambient Lighting pkg

453 Ventilated Seats $1025

So basically what you see above is what the dealership says I have to have to get Ventilated seats. Everyone else who gets premium gets at least dakota leather, I am paying the same amount for the Premium pkg but I only get what you see above which is NOT worth $2000, I feel like I am overpaying for the premium pkg, there should be some discount from the factory directly since I am not getting the dakota leather.

This is crazy, can anyone confirm this, or have a number I can contact to verify that what you see above is Absolutely needed for Ventilated seats. Nasca leather makes sense but the prem. pkg? Thanks

Peace
Old 03-17-2005, 01:03 PM
Members

My Ride: BMW 530i 05

Dakota Leather is included with the premium pkg and the premium pkg is worth every penny IMO
Old 03-17-2005, 02:53 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW M-Power

Originally Posted by Rix Mix' date='Mar 17 2005, 03:33 PM
Well things have changed, now they are telling me that I Have to pay additionally for the Nasca leather, but still don't need comfort seats.
Hey Rix,

Dude... either your dealer is an idot or all of us who oredered/have thought of ordering Ventilated Seats are idiots. My money is on your dealer and not us.

In anyevent you should wait until you get your car in Ventilated Seats before you can proof that we are wrong
Old 03-17-2005, 05:29 PM
Members

beewang, its not just my dealer, I contacted 2 additional dealers and the said the same thing "To get Ventilated seats you must order Nasca and Premiun pkg". Trust me I would much rather have Comfort seats over the Premium pkg. This is why I posted this topic, maybe this is new for '06?

Here is why the premium pkg is not worth it in this scenario: Dakota Leather costs $1420 and is included in the premium pkg which is $2000. When you subtract the cost of the Dakota Leather you are down to $580, which is esentially the cost of the remaining options in the premium pkg.

Well in my case I have to pay $2000 for options that cost $580, it just doesn't make sense. So I would like to have Comfort seats and no premium but they tell me I have to have Premium. I hope this can be figured out.

Peace
Old 03-17-2005, 07:42 PM
Contributors

Yep, I think that we get screwed when it comes to the ventilated seats, or as beewang stated, i am an idiot.

Rix Mix, with my 545i the dakota was included, but still had to pay extra for the nasca leather, and pay for the ventilated seat option.

I agree that there should be a discount, i.e. the 1450 for the dakota leather, but was not to be in my case anyways.

Of course I opted for the comfort seats as well, so had to pay for those also.

If I were to do it again, I probably would not get the ventilated option. That way I could have gotten the heated steering wheel and the FATTER SMG wheel, along with the rear heated seats.
Old 03-17-2005, 08:00 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Rix Mix' date='Mar 17 2005, 06:29 PM
beewang, its not just my dealer, I contacted 2 additional dealers and the said the same thing "To get Ventilated seats you must order Nasca and Premiun pkg". Trust me I would much rather have Comfort seats over the Premium pkg. This is why I posted this topic, maybe this is new for '06?

Here is why the premium pkg is not worth it in this scenario: Dakota Leather costs $1420 and is included in the premium pkg which is $2000. When you subtract the cost of the Dakota Leather you are down to $580, which is esentially the cost of the remaining options in the premium pkg.

Well in my case I have to pay $2000 for options that cost $580, it just doesn't make sense. So I would like to have Comfort seats and no premium but they tell me I have to have Premium. I hope this can be figured out.

Peace
[snapback]103113[/snapback]
You only have to pay for the premium package if you order a 530i. If you were planning on ordering a 545i the premium package is standard and you could just worry about the ventilated seats and Nasca leather. Don't get me wrong you still pay for it in the 545i, but psychologically you can attribute the price difference between the 530 and 545 to the bigger engine.

Old 03-17-2005, 09:28 PM
Members

Well I am ordering a 525i so I have to pay for Premium, I just hope that somebody can show something that says otherwise, because I am getting screwed on the premium pkg, I want to have comfort seats and NO premium like everyone has previously said but it looks like this may not be the case.

Peace

Quick Reply: Official Clarification on Ventilated Seats