E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official CIP 18.0 fixes

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2005, 08:50 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545i Mystic Blue/Black Leather Type 124 Wheels

Was sent this official list of fixes
Notice for LED's "Complete vehicle coding needs to be performed"

Software Errors Corrected with CIP

MODEL
E60 (5 Series)

E63, E64 (6 Series)

SITUATION
Customer may complain of the following:

The following software errors were corrected with the release of CIP 18.00.01 Online Update (Target data Status E060-05-06-510).

The headlight side marker lights are inoperative after updating the vehicle with CIP 17.x. Complete vehicle encoding needs to be performed.

The following software errors were corrected with the release of CIP 18.00 (Target data Status E060-05-06-510).

The steering wheel intermittently moves into an incorrect position.

A rattling noise is heard from the steering when the vehicle is unlocked or the ignition is turned on. Only vehicles with AFS (Active Front Steering) are affected.

The audio keeps playing if the vehicle is switched off for up to 3 minutes (until vehicle enters sleep mode). The audio cannot be switched off with the rotary knob. Only vehicles with CCC (Car Communication Computer) are affected.
Old 07-16-2005, 09:00 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Good info once again.

Thanks E60Speed!
Old 07-16-2005, 09:04 AM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

The steering wheel comment caught my attention. When I had the aux input installed, they upgraded the car to 17.01, and the steering wheel was off center (facing 11:00 instead of 12:00)--brought it back and they reset the AS. Yesterday I noticed that the steering wheel is now slightly off (about 1/3 of what it was before the AS reset). Sounds like time for 18.0.
Old 07-16-2005, 10:16 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 E60 BMW 525i - BIRTHDAY- 11/04 - EXTERIOR- Amethyst Gray Metallic. INTERIOR- Beige Dakota Leather w/Dark Poplar Grain Wood. OPTIONS- Automatic Transmission, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, 6-disc CD changer, Bluetooth using Verizon Raza V3c phone, SIRIUS Satellite Radio. ADD-ON's- 545i Chrome Grill, Euro Red Reflectors, Factory all-weater matts & Factory Coat-Hanger.

Did it come out yet? Do I get my amber LED brow lights back
Old 07-16-2005, 11:15 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by E60Speed' date='Jul 16 2005, 04:50 PM
Was sent this official list of fixes
The headlight side marker lights are inoperative after updating the vehicle with CIP 17.x. Complete vehicle encoding needs to be performed.

The steering wheel intermittently moves into an incorrect position.

A rattling noise is heard from the steering when the vehicle is unlocked or the ignition is turned on. Only vehicles with AFS (Active Front Steering) are affected.
Cool! My car is in Monday so I'll let them know I need 18.00.01

Hopefully this will be my last update - I can't think of any other problems...
Old 07-16-2005, 11:27 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Yep. that's correct.

I've got my car back and allready noticed the LED's are still working and the rattling noise from the AFS is gone.
Old 07-18-2005, 01:06 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Jul 16 2005, 07:27 PM
Yep. that's correct.

I've got my car back and allready noticed the LED's are still working and the rattling noise from the AFS is gone.
[snapback]149784[/snapback]
Fingers crossed for me!
Old 07-18-2005, 05:14 AM
Contributors

My Ride: On order: 2007 550i, silver gray, black leather, anth. maple trim, active cruise, heated steering wheel, sport, night vision, vent seats, heat rears, active steering, rear air bags, folding seats, comfort access, navigation , HUD, black head liner, steptronic, premium sound, sirius and HD radio.

My car was given 17.01 and my steering wheel is off to the right just a touch. They are going to try to reset AS but I know it will not work. Before I took the car in I noticed that the steering was back to center and then later off again. The dealer does not know anything about 18.xx fixing. Once again this forum answers a question before the dealers know there is an issue.
Old 07-18-2005, 06:14 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by ledbettm' date='Jul 18 2005, 09:14 AM
My car was given 17.01 and my steering wheel is off to the right just a touch. They are going to try to reset AS but I know it will not work. Before I took the car in I noticed that the steering was back to center and then later off again. The dealer does not know anything about 18.xx fixing. Once again this forum answers a question before the dealers know there is an issue.
[snapback]150233[/snapback]
It'll be interesting to see if the bug fix deals with the centering of the wheel or if it's the vertical creep that some of us have seen. I'm sure the boys at Rahal will fix you up!

Does anyone else find it strange that BMW hasn't done some sort of targeted recall on the cars that have the side marker light problem? Aren't those cars illegal with lights out?
Old 07-18-2005, 06:22 AM
Contributors

My Ride: On order: 2007 550i, silver gray, black leather, anth. maple trim, active cruise, heated steering wheel, sport, night vision, vent seats, heat rears, active steering, rear air bags, folding seats, comfort access, navigation , HUD, black head liner, steptronic, premium sound, sirius and HD radio.

Rudy,

Please explain the vertical creep issue to me. I was not aware of this. I have to assume it is 17.01 because I did not see the issue until the day the upgrade was applied. BUT....what is the issue you are talking about and what is the cause.

Quick Reply: Official CIP 18.0 fixes