E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

The Official 5-Series Kills/Killed Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 12:11 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 550i, Black Sapphire, SMG, M-Aerokit, Sports Package, Comfort Access, Logic 7,

Originally Posted by Znod' post='312769' date='Jul 19 2006, 01:07 PM
The diff will do it on an SMG--unless you get too much wheel spin. Then, 18's, drag radials, and hope you don't dematerialize your tranny.
Roger that.

What's your opinion on a lighter flywheel? I saw this on the Dinan website, but not too much information on it. I understand the concept a little, how it decreases the initial inertia spin. Never really heard of anybody getting this mod before, at least for a BMW. What do you think Z? Waste of $$?

On second thought don't add it to the KILLED yet. At least until I get a rematch.

I'm blaming the uneven pavement and my bad start time reaction, but then again, I could just be rationalizing my shame. I still want a fair rematch.
Old 07-19-2006, 12:14 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by hollywoodtrash' post='312777
Roger that.

What's your opinion on a lighter flywheel? I saw this on the Dinan website, but not too much information on it. I understand the concept a little, how it decreases the initial inertia spin. Never really heard of anybody getting this mod before, at least for a BMW. What do you think Z? Waste of $$?

On second thought don't add it to the KILLED yet. At least until I get a rematch.

I'm blaming the uneven pavement and my bad start time reaction, but then again, I could just be rationalizing my shame. I still want a fair rematch.
OK, won't add. Personally I wouldn't add a kill or a killed if I think either car had a serious "physical" handicap--e.g., one sitting in water and the other sitting on dry pavement or one driver missing a shift and the other not.
Old 07-19-2006, 12:18 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2003 X5 3.0----->gone 2004 Porsche Cayenne S : Gemballa front and back bodykit, fabspeed bypass pipes, Gemballa exhaust pipes, full option, 20" factory sport design rims------>gone 2005 545i 6-spd manual---->de-badged, CDV removal, Autosolutions short shift kit, resonator removal, premium package, PDC, xenon, almost full options, hardwire V1 install ....looking for mods... 2007 550i 6-spd----> Premium package, sport package, Logic7, heated everything, Rogue Engineering SSK, CDV removal, hardwire V1 install, aFe cold air intake, Custom Magnaflow exhaust....

Originally Posted by Znod' post='309476' date='Jul 11 2006, 01:27 PM
Jeff = Jeffs. He posted his list on the original "Kills" thread. He had done quite a few mods, including some extreme things like headers and removing his cats--as I recall. Probably mostly after his list was posted. I haven't seen him around for a while.
Hi guys....hi jiio. I've been checking this forum on an everyday basis but have been too lazy to post Well, that comment made me post again and I hope that would jumpstart my e60 career . Znod, I wish I had those extreme things. After making exterior modifications to my Cayenne and X5 3.0 (damn slow), I'd rather try to focus on performance.

Well, I would like to add headers but they cost about $5000 and I contacted Fabspeed Motorsport in Jersey (I didn't even dare contact Racing Dynamics and enquire about their cats, must be alot more dough :thumbsdown: ) and they told me its very hard to do. As for the Cats, I know they are illegal but I did it on my cayenne with Fabspeed as well and the result was amazing, better than cayennes with aftermarket exhausts. The problem with removing catalytic converters is the O2 sensors attached to the cats. Although dummy sensors are available, it is very hard to install them. If anyone has any advice on how I can get cheaper headers and easier ways to remove my catalytic converters I am really ready to listen.

As for the current mods done to my car, I am trying to call Upsolute in Northbridge, MA. Apparently, their chips seems to be cheap 2 around $3-400 and 15-20hp increase would be welcome. I can't seem to even get in touch with anyone from that shop, maybe they have gone bankrupt???? I have also installed custom air intakes that my mechanic friend and his father installed and he routed the air intake hosts into the kidney grille so that more air can come in directly. With that mod, I can feel a substantial difference from 70-140mph.

Ohhh Znod, while you're at it...I have to update my kills/killed record, its been almost a year already:

Kills: modified 350z (driven by some young asian punk)
Toyota Supra (driven by 2 mexican "gangsta wannabe types" )
BMW 330i (duhhh)
Mercedes CLS 500 (surprisingly that car was pretty fast)
Mercedes SL500 ( much slower than the CLS)

Killed:
Aston Martin DB9 (same owner as the stupid $200,000 VW that killed me )
2006-7 Corvette ZO6 (no chance at all, fabulous car, the old guy driving it was grinning all the time )
2006 BMW M5 (obviously)
2000 BMW M5 (driven by a middle-aged lady, equal from 40-120, pulled away after 130, not surprised at all when in stock form it has 400hp)
Old 07-19-2006, 12:27 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by Jeffs' post='312785' date='Jul 19 2006, 03:18 PM
After making exterior modifications to my Cayenne and X5 3.0 (damn slow), I'd rather try to focus on performance.

Maybe you were just at the point of talking about doing the extreme things.

Well, I would like to add headers but they cost about $5000 and I contacted Fabspeed Motorsport in Jersey (I didn't even dare contact Racing Dynamics and enquire about their cats, must be alot more dough :thumbsdown: ) and they told me its very hard to do. As for the Cats, I know they are illegal but I did it on my cayenne with Fabspeed as well and the result was amazing, better than cayennes with aftermarket exhausts. The problem with removing catalytic converters is the O2 sensors attached to the cats. Although dummy sensors are available, it is very hard to install them. If anyone has any advice on how I can get cheaper headers and easier ways to remove my catalytic converters I am really ready to listen.

Right, I wouldn't want to do headers or off the cats on my car.

As for the current mods done to my car, I am trying to call Upsolute in Northbridge, MA. Apparently, their chips seems to be cheap 2 around $3-400 and 15-20hp increase would be welcome. I can't seem to even get in touch with anyone from that shop, maybe they have gone bankrupt???? I have also installed custom air intakes that my mechanic friend and his father installed and he routed the air intake hosts into the kidney grille so that more air can come in directly. With that mod, I can feel a substantial difference from 70-140mph.

Cool. Get a meter!

Ohhh Znod, while you're at it...I have to update my kills/killed record, its been almost a year already:

Kills: modified 350z (driven by some young asian punk)
Toyota Supra (driven by 2 mexican "gangsta wannabe types" )
BMW 330i (duhhh)
Mercedes CLS 500 (surprisingly that car was pretty fast)
Mercedes SL500 ( much slower than the CLS)

Killed:
Aston Martin DB9 (same owner as the stupid $200,000 VW that killed me )
2006-7 Corvette ZO6 (no chance at all, fabulous car, the old guy driving it was grinning all the time )
2006 BMW M5 (obviously)
2000 BMW M5 (driven by a middle-aged lady, equal from 40-120, pulled away after 130, not surprised at all when in stock form it has 400hp)
Hi Jeffs:

You were observed; check out post #80. I'll add your data. I have made some comments in orange above.
Old 07-19-2006, 01:08 PM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

I guess some people never change. :thumbsdown:

Wonder if the AZ police are wise to this reckless behavior...
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/18072006/80-132/w...eding-fine.html
Old 07-19-2006, 01:12 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 AMG | Obsidian Black | Schwarzes Nappa | Black BirdEye Maple | Premium II Package | Electronic Trunk Closer | Parktronic Engine: RPi/Powerchips custom ECU tune, RPi Ram Air Kit (BMC filter, scoops), RennTech Sport exhaust, secondary cats, charcoal and resonator delete, custom AAA x-pipe Exterior: 50% side windows / 35% rear window Formula One Pinnacle Series | Flat AMG hood emblem Suspension: Renntech Lowering Module Wheels/Tires: Radenergie R10, Falken FK452 245/30/20, Yokohama ADVAN Sport 285/25/20 ----------------------------------------- 2005 545i Sport SMG | Ti Grau | Schwarzes Dakota | Anthracite Maple | Logic 7 | Nav Engine: Custom AFE CAI, Superchips ECU remap, Sprint Booster, RDSport Dual Exhaust Conversion with Quad Pipes and X-pipe, 3 resonators deleted, 90mm tips! Exterior: M-Tech Aero kit | M5 Mirrors | M5 Rear Bumper | Trunk Lid Finisher | Vorsteiner decklid spoiler | 50% Formula One Pinnacle Tint Suspension and Brakes: Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, JBT BBK: 16" cross-drilled rotors, 8 piston and 15" cross-drilled rotors, 4 piston Wheels: VIP Modular VR 02 20x9F, 20x10R | Toyo T1R 245/30/20F, 285/25/20R Lights: PIAA 4150K Xtreme White Plus fog lights, AIB v3 MOST IMPORTANT: Hardwired V1; =) ED Date: 4/7/05, Re-delivery date: 5/21/05

Originally Posted by Jeffs' post='312785
As for the current mods done to my car, I am trying to call Upsolute in Northbridge, MA. Apparently, their chips seems to be cheap 2 around $3-400 and 15-20hp increase would be welcome. I can't seem to even get in touch with anyone from that shop, maybe they have gone bankrupt????
There is a member, TCAOS, who had his ECU remapped by Upsolute. He wasn't very happy. Gain of 9hp. Check it out here: http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=28409
Old 07-19-2006, 01:25 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 550i, Black Sapphire, SMG, M-Aerokit, Sports Package, Comfort Access, Logic 7,

Originally Posted by jiio' post='312812' date='Jul 19 2006, 02:12 PM
Hey Jeffs, don't let the beautiful avatar fool you cause that's not me. That is the lovely Miss Sung Hi Lee.
HHAhAhAA

Don't listen to her Jeffs, that avatar is really Jiio

She has a thing for men with Cayennes too.
Old 07-19-2006, 01:35 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 AMG | Obsidian Black | Schwarzes Nappa | Black BirdEye Maple | Premium II Package | Electronic Trunk Closer | Parktronic Engine: RPi/Powerchips custom ECU tune, RPi Ram Air Kit (BMC filter, scoops), RennTech Sport exhaust, secondary cats, charcoal and resonator delete, custom AAA x-pipe Exterior: 50% side windows / 35% rear window Formula One Pinnacle Series | Flat AMG hood emblem Suspension: Renntech Lowering Module Wheels/Tires: Radenergie R10, Falken FK452 245/30/20, Yokohama ADVAN Sport 285/25/20 ----------------------------------------- 2005 545i Sport SMG | Ti Grau | Schwarzes Dakota | Anthracite Maple | Logic 7 | Nav Engine: Custom AFE CAI, Superchips ECU remap, Sprint Booster, RDSport Dual Exhaust Conversion with Quad Pipes and X-pipe, 3 resonators deleted, 90mm tips! Exterior: M-Tech Aero kit | M5 Mirrors | M5 Rear Bumper | Trunk Lid Finisher | Vorsteiner decklid spoiler | 50% Formula One Pinnacle Tint Suspension and Brakes: Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, JBT BBK: 16" cross-drilled rotors, 8 piston and 15" cross-drilled rotors, 4 piston Wheels: VIP Modular VR 02 20x9F, 20x10R | Toyo T1R 245/30/20F, 285/25/20R Lights: PIAA 4150K Xtreme White Plus fog lights, AIB v3 MOST IMPORTANT: Hardwired V1; =) ED Date: 4/7/05, Re-delivery date: 5/21/05

Great. Now, everyone new is gonna think I'm the chica in the avatar.
Old 07-19-2006, 01:36 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

Originally Posted by stream' post='312809' date='Jul 19 2006, 04:08 PM
I guess some people never change. :thumbsdown:

Wonder if the AZ police are wise to this reckless behavior...
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/18072006/80-132/w...eding-fine.html
Hey Stream, haven't seen you around in a while . . . are you hanging out at bimmerfest more?
Old 07-19-2006, 01:46 PM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Originally Posted by Bimmer32' post='312817' date='Jul 19 2006, 02:36 PM
Hey Stream, haven't seen you around in a while . . . are you hanging out at bimmerfest more?
Got tired of the boy racer threads. Checked back...and it's more of the same...and now this thread.

Disappointed that the board allows threads dealing with illegal and unsafe activities to exist.

Quick Reply: The Official 5-Series Kills/Killed Thread