E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

OEM Parts Source - Ship to Canada?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 01:57 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys,

Ok, for the last few weeks the left rear wheel has been squeaking like crazy. I took the whole thing apart 3 times now to find out where it's coming from and it looks like it's coming from one of the rubber bushings in the inside of the "Left Swing Part" as identified on the ETK. (part number: 33326770831).

So, thinking this was a NORMAL car, I took the part to the dealer and asked for a replacement bushing and to see if they could remove the old one and press in the new one. Guess what.... bushing cannot be purchased separately. So, only option is to purchase a complete new swing arm. How much you ask.... $700!!!!!! Yea, that's CDN and after taxes, but still this is ridiculous.

I just put everything back together, and now have one hell of a squeak and it's quite embarassing... believe me!

Now my search is on for this part. Looks like it's much cheaper in the USA according to RealOEM.com... closer to the $350 mark, still stupid for just having to deal with a bad bushing, but much better than $700.

Here's the question: Can anyone out there help me out? Do you know anywhere that has discounted OEM parts that might be able to ship to Canada?

Also, can anyone explain to me why BMW would decide to not sell the bushing seperately? By looking at the assembly, it should be a simple press in, press out similar to the way the ball joint is installed.

Thanks guys for any advice/thoughts you can offer.

Cheers...
D
Old 05-24-2009, 02:46 PM
Members

Nobody has any ideas?
C'mon guys... I know someone out there has a line on cheap OEM parts... are there any dealers on this forum that might be able to help out?

D...
Old 05-24-2009, 05:14 PM
Contributors

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=18067

I don't know if Garry @ BMW of Newport RI can help you. He may only ship to US Addresses.
Old 05-25-2009, 08:31 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 Titanium Silver 550i, with all the bells and whistles!!

Originally Posted by luigi524td' post='888752' date='May 24 2009, 06:14 PM
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=18067

I don't know if Garry @ BMW of Newport RI can help you. He may only ship to US Addresses.
correct, Garry won't ship north the 49th.

have you tried autoparts online canada

or, I bought some parts from these guys for my e46 a while ago bmw parts
Old 05-25-2009, 09:44 AM
Members

Thanks Sleeper50!

I tried "autopartsonlinecanada.com", but big surprise... no luck there.

The other place "getbmwparts.com" is great though.... their online price is pretty good, just depends on shipping costs. I'm also considering a used part from bmrparts.com, but the problem there is after shipping I'm not sure if I'll get a great deal and I'm still running the risk of getting something with another damaged bushing.

I'll call around tomorrow (after Memorial Day) and see what I can find.

Anyone else have any lines to discount OEM parts?

Thanks!!!!
D

Originally Posted by sleeper50' post='889471' date='May 25 2009, 12:31 PM
correct, Garry won't ship north the 49th.

have you tried autoparts online canada

or, I bought some parts from these guys for my e46 a while ago bmw parts
Old 05-25-2009, 09:55 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Try Frank

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=77108&hl=

he works at a dealership in MN and offers the same discount as Gary....
Old 05-25-2009, 01:40 PM
Contributors

This is what you need? Part #: 33326770831

I'll check on pricing and shipping for you tomorrow when my BMW place opens up
Old 05-25-2009, 03:57 PM
Members

Hi guys,
This forum is awesome!
I got a couple of great offers in PM and the web site above is also excellent.

Just an update... I think now the other side has just started to squeak too now!

So before I commit to buying a new part for the left, I think I had better take it in to the dealer and have them diagnose it and see what they think. Maybe they have some "magical stuff" that will make the rubber bushings stop squeaking. I figure It's probably worth the 1-hour labor for them to tell me what's wrong even it I am right and it needs a new part.

I'll try and get it into the dealer this week and let you all know what the verdict is... I'm not sure what I'm going to do, but what I do know is that I"m not paying $700 for that part!

...to be continued!...

D
Old 05-26-2009, 05:07 AM
Members

Just called dealer... made appt to diagnose the "embarassing squeak", but they can't look at it till next week. Appt is for June 4th, so I'll update this thread after then.

Cheers!....

D
Old 06-06-2009, 04:44 PM
Members

Ok, so dealer looked at it. The shop foreman said it very likely the ball joint in the rear. hmmmmm.... when I took the wheel apart it sounded to me to be coming from the inside of the swing arm not the outside. However, since the car has 140,000km on it I'll get them changed and then see who's right. I've ordered new ball joints for both the left and right, since the high mileage they are probably quite worn anyway, even if this is not the problem. Plan to change them out next weekend...

I'll update this thread again then for those of you interested....

Cheers...
D

Quick Reply: OEM Parts Source - Ship to Canada?