E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Odd 535i for sale

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 11:55 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was browsing cars.com and came across this 535i. Read the description LOL . Pretty cheap at $12k.

Seller's Notes: The car listed is being sold 'AS-IS'. This car does NOT pass Virginia State Inspection, and may or may NOT pass Virginia State Emissions. The car is being sold in the condition that it sits, and no repairs will be made to the car by the dealer. All repairs and State Inspections will be the responsibility of the new owner, regardless of any oral statements made. This car does start, stop, and steer, however test drives are not allowed. You may start the car, and put it in drive and reverse only. We will do our best to describe the car in the condition it is currently in, but there may be issues/problems/damages with the car that are not listed. It is up to you to determine the condition and functionality of the car. We welcome wholesalers to purchase this car. The price on this car is NOT negotiable, and you can NOT finance this car. KNOWN PROBLEMS: *2 Front Tires below VA insp spec *Rear Rotors below VA insp spec *Oil Filter Housing Gasket leaking medium *Drive Belt and Tensioner cracked and making noise *Oil Feed line to Turbo - Medium *Alignment *Balance 2 wheels 2008 BMW 535i Sport Sedan. This Titanium Silver Metallic 5 Series has a richly appointed Black Dakota Leather interior. Factory installed options include Premium pkg, Cold Weather pkg and a Navigation System. Call today for an appointment for your personal viewing. Welcome to BMW of Fairfax, the #1 BMW dealership in Virginia, Maryland and DC! We understand that 'PRICE SELLS CARS', and simply put we will never knowingly lose a deal to price! Customer Satisfaction, Convenience, Selection and Reputation along with the very best in trade-in values simply means you save money by doing business with us. Over 25,000 plus customers and growing! It's not just business as usual with us, its personal - we treat every client as a friend and welcome them in as a member of our family and that relationship is very special to our entire dealership. We truly appreciate your business and we will deliver a Worl ~~For additional vehicles details please Ask For Internet Sales at 866-707-5712 or visit our website at www.bmwoffairfax.com~~
Attached Thumbnails Odd 535i for sale-t8cn55460-4.jpeg   Odd 535i for sale-t8cn55460-3.jpeg   Odd 535i for sale-t8cn55460-2.jpeg   Odd 535i for sale-t8cn55460-1.jpeg   Odd 535i for sale-t8cn55460.jpeg  

Old 03-03-2012, 01:34 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pass.

Very shady description.
Old 03-03-2012, 02:28 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Persian_535i
Pass.

Very shady description.

Strange at the least. BMW of Fairfax sucks too. I would rather buy an E60 from Carmax.
Old 03-03-2012, 03:00 PM
jgt
Contributors

My Ride: E60
Model Year: 2006
Engine: N52

For the mileage the price seems about right maybe a little on the high side in my opinion. From the description it sounds like the owner just drove it like a lease and neglected some very basic maintenance items but at a 162K miles I wouldn't touch it...
Old 03-03-2012, 03:18 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i

lot of miles.

you'd figure the dealer would wholesale it off, or send it to the auction.
Old 03-03-2012, 03:25 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535i 20"Concept One / C F Emblems / JB4 / M5 Front / R1 Concept Rotors / Vorsteiner Spoiler (waiting on...)

One thing to keep in mind this time of year; it's tax time and dealers really are not into the "dealing" mode.......
Old 03-03-2012, 08:36 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 07' BMW 550i

wow 162000 miles is good indication these cars holds very well. Yes, car wasn't serviced for last year at least, but at his mileage, I guess owner just wait when time to trade it.
But BMW of Fairfax should shame to advertised this car for their website at such condition, it's showed don't buy a car from Fairfax dealer ever. I would understand if it was from small dealer.
Old 03-03-2012, 09:28 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i

Originally Posted by phlfly
wow 162000 miles is good indication these cars holds very well. Yes, car wasn't serviced for last year at least, but at his mileage, I guess owner just wait when time to trade it.
But BMW of Fairfax should shame to advertised this car for their website at such condition, it's showed don't buy a car from Fairfax dealer ever. I would understand if it was from small dealer.
whats the big deal. they are being upfront about the condition. instead of sending the car to auction, they are offering it to the public. with a little work, that could be a nice car.
Old 03-04-2012, 05:10 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Navy 550I

no thanks!!
Old 03-04-2012, 05:53 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

This is exactly why Stealerships continue to have bad names... Why would ANY BMW dealer or any car dealership even consider selling trash like this? This is something you expect to see at buy here pay here car lots! A friend of mine at work, his daughter bought a 04 X5 and drove it home parked it. He came home and was irritated by the oil leak in the driveway. Told her to get it to the indy and have it checked out. Estimate of repair is $8000.00. He told me the front propeller shaft is missing along with many other problems. Must be why it's leaking... The Indy shop told his daughter you are supposed to bring it to me to look at BEFORE you buy, NOT after! Hopefully, she learns a lesson from this.

Quick Reply: Odd 535i for sale