E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Obvious features missing from the E60

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 02:45 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E61 CarbonBlack 535d, Ventilated and Heated Comfort Seats with Massage in Black Nasca Leather, Dark Poplar Wood, Professional Navi, Folding Rear Seats, Load Through, Advanced Remote, PDC, Bluetooth, Dimming and folding Mirrors, Bi-Xenons, Hi-Fi, Tinted

A nice feature would be navi interface update where you could select your favorite preset map items/landmarks/other selection like eg. Petrol stations, Hotels around your way with a single click. Now you have to do it in a distracting way..
Old 11-22-2007, 03:51 PM
Members

My Ride: Current - MY2008 530i comfort access,active steering, HUD, prof nav/TV, bluetootth etc ..... Old - 2006 530i comfort access, active steering, HUD, NAV/TV, Bluetooth

Electronic parking brake
Old 11-22-2007, 05:58 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i, Alpine White, Beige Ltr, Sport Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Premium Sound, Active Steering, Comfort Access, Steptronic, Nav, Satellite Radio, Split Fold Rear Seats, V1

Comfort access should be standard. What a rip off to add $1K for this option. A $20K Nissan has this included. Hard to believe the CA is nothing but a huge margin addition.
Old 11-22-2007, 06:49 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '05 545i - scheduled for ED pickup in Munich on 7/22!

i wish i had the m5 hud (with revs and gear) and a temp gauge.
Old 11-22-2007, 07:07 PM
Members

My Ride: BMW 08 (07) 523i, Platinum Bronze, fitted with 18"Star Spoke alloy's, SAT NAV Pro, Hud, TV, PDC, ACS, CD Stacker, blue tooth, sport wheel, memory seats.

Originally Posted by faarcanal' post='497933' date='Nov 22 2007, 07:51 PM
Electronic parking brake

I wonder if our American friend get your name cheers.....
Old 11-22-2007, 08:40 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535i, Carbon Black, Black Dakota, Black Diamond Trim, 6sp Sport Automatic with Paddles, M-Sport Package, Premium Package

Originally Posted by schwim' post='497882' date='Nov 22 2007, 02:04 PM
Hmm... I was going to ask for the opposite! Mine *only* opens when the car is unlocked. If I try to use the fob to open the trunk when the car is locked, and I hold the button down for too long I end up setting the car alarm off (panic feature?).

I see you're in Belgium. Maybe that is the reason it is different.
I do that too! I agree with you it is a real pain in the ass.
Things that should be added, is the thigh extender on comfort seats should be able to raise rather just extend.
Old 11-22-2007, 09:10 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

On the LOGIC7 you should be able to adjust the TONE/EQ settings individually for each source. Right now the setting the TONE/EQ makes it the same for all sources. AM, FM, CD, AUX sources should be able to be adjusted individually and retain that setting for each. AM requires different TONE/EQ settings from FM....so every time I change the source I need to readjust TONE/EQ, very annoying.
Old 11-23-2007, 04:09 AM
MDT
Members

My Ride: 2004 525i, Titanium Silver, Gray Leather, Premium Package, Steptronic trans, xenon adaptive headlights, sat. prep, no navigation, bluetooth, ipod adapter

I'd like to see a button for the passenger side mirror to turn down that will cancel itself after the car is turned off. I usually like my passenger mirror to stay in the up position when backing out of the garage or down a driveway. When I parallel park, I will switch the mirror control to make the passenger mirror go down. I ususally forget to put the switch back, and next time I start backing out of a driveway or the like, I have to pause and switch the mirror position switch. It would be nice just to have the ability to maybe push down on the mirror position switch (like a button) to temporarily make the passenger mirror tilt down.
Old 11-23-2007, 04:22 AM
Members

Agree, the cost of CA is ridiculous. Also, in addition to opening it would be nice if the trunk would automatically close as well...I mean come on...even my mom's '04 Chrysler Town & Country does this!
Old 11-23-2007, 07:16 AM
Senior Members

1. Lights that come on when set to Auto AND the wipers are active.

2. Something the E39 had -- the ability to close windows and sunroof even after the car has been turned off (but a door hasn't been opened).

3. Telematics on the NAV (weather, traffic, etc.)

4. A clock that is automatically set by either the NAV or the onboard cell.

5. If BMW is moving to non-dipstick engines then there should be more information available inside the vehicle other than Oil level, how about coolant level, washer fluid level? Or just give us back the dipstick.

6. A better UI (but keep the tactile feedback on the iDrive control knob)

7. Not a missing feature but one that should stay out is touch screen NAVs. They're too hard to use while driving since they lack tactile feedback. But more buttons are good (to a point). Maybe explore tactile feedback?

8. ANR. Some form of noise reduction in the audio system would be nice.

9. A quiet sunroof when the shade is open.

Not missing features but should be included in the car or as part of another option...

1. Comfort Access -- shouldn't be an option and should come standard now that the start button is standard.

2. HUD should be included with the NAV option

3. Heated seats should be standard in all but the tropical markets. Ventilated seats should be a better advertised option in the US.

Quick Reply: Obvious features missing from the E60