E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

non start

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 12:37 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Similar problem - turned out to be a faulty starter motor - had to have the car towed in and starter replaced under warranty
Old 04-19-2009, 12:43 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i sport

+1 for the no start button on an 04?
Old 04-19-2009, 01:20 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Ricracing' post='851942' date='Apr 19 2009, 09:34 PM
You need to twist the key.

A '04 E60 don't have the start/stop button.

Versions:

A) You stole the wrong key !!!!! i dont think so

You are pulling our leg !!! no im not

C) How did you get the car from the dealers !!! i bought the car second hand

D) We are stupid!!! NO YOUR STUPID

E) You are stupid !! COME AND SAY THAT TO MY FACE YOU STUIP F*****G IDIOT

F) Call the police at once !! I OWN THE CAR
i cant stand people that talk too much shit.im asking for help and people are treating me like thief.

this is a uk car as im from the uk.

if people want to check up on me to see who i am the please go to forums that i use.

http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/index.php username leosr

http://www.driftworks.com/forum/ username leosr20
Old 04-19-2009, 01:28 PM
Members

here some pictures i have just taken to shut up some people.mr finland!!!

Old 04-20-2009, 07:00 AM
Members

Your cars seems to be retro fitted with the Start button as seen on LCI cars. I have heard of these being fitted.

Is that also the rear of your car in your profile pic with the quad pipes a la M5?

If it is, then it seems like you brought a M5 replica and you'll have to take it back from where you brought it as obviously some retro fit component isn't working. Although i am sure a competent mechanic would be able to sort this out for you, even if the Dealers won't.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:19 AM
Members

Well I would reccommend that if you are wanting help that you ask for it in the nicest possible way. The people on these forums know the 5 series cars between them inside out. So explain yourself properly. If it has had all these mods done to it then I would maybe suggest taking it back to where you bought it from. How long have you had it for?
Old 04-20-2009, 10:04 AM
Members

in my first post i dont think i was rude at all.its people like RICRACING that is calling me stupid for no reason that i cant stand, there is no respect..that is why i have joined this forum for help and guidence.

so my car my be retro fitted with the start button so thats a start.thanks for that and yes my car is a m5 replica.

i just want to get my car sorted.
Old 04-23-2009, 11:40 PM
Members

hi all

i bought a brand new battery yesturday and fitted it.but the car is still a non start.so i went to work at 1pm and finished at 10pm,so the 1st thing i tried is to see if the car will start... still no good but this time the brand new battery is flat,so flat that the remote central locking didnt work.

any ideas anyone?
Old 04-24-2009, 12:22 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 E60 530i TITANIUM SILVER METALLIC 19 INCH RIMS SPORTS SUSPENSION SPORTS SEATS,DVD PLAYER,SPORTS STEERIN WHEEL, FULL ELECTRICS, REAR SPORTS SPOILER

Have you spoken to A BMW dealership service center or an auto electrician for advice, rather than spending $$ on things that may not be the cause..

Good luck, nothing worse when your car wont start.

I agree the whole forum lately has changed, too many smart arse know it alls.

I enjoy reading and getting advice as I am new to BMW, but its getting to a point you cant even ask a simple question without being shot down or ridiculed.
No wonder people think, when you tell them you drive a Beemer that you must be a real W**ker. I am starting to agree with them..

Old 04-24-2009, 07:57 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530i - Sport - 6spd - Orient Blue with Auburn/Anthracite

I recently had a very similar problem... car would lock and unlock, radio would work, etc, but the dashboard warning lights wouldn'd come on and the car would not start... It turned out to be something broken in the key itself... Good luck.

Jon.

Originally Posted by leo30d' post='851071' date='Apr 18 2009, 04:46 AM
hi all

i have a 2004 530d auto uk model if any differance.i went to the car unlocked the doors with the remote got into the car as you do put the key in the ignition and ready to push the start button and the car didnt start.

i noticed that my full ignition lights dont come on the dash.all that is displayed is the red airbag light and the handbrake light.the stereo works,electric windows work.the kiey does click into the key slot .

i cannot select drive,the steering wheel is in the lock position.

i have checked the battery and that is fine.

any help would be great.

many thanks

leo

Quick Reply: non start