E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Non carbon black sport in the UK!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2005, 02:10 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535d Sport Carbon Black/Black Leather Media Pack,Visibility Pack,Through Load,Logic 7,Electric Seats,Sun Protection Glass,Maple Wood,Lumbar Adj,Heated Seats,Folding Mirrors

Originally Posted by e60beast' date='Feb 9 2005, 06:37 PM
[quote name='David' date='Feb 1 2005, 03:30 PM']I think Carbon will keep it's popularity, when I ordered my car I was going to order Silver Grey (my last car an M3 was Carbon) until I walked in the dealers and saw five new cars in Silver Grey. I agree that lighter colours do show off the sport kit better but I also think Carbon suits the E60 really well, helps hide some of the more controversial aspects of the styling, makes the car look sleaker.

BMW are desperately in need of some new colours, I think the one series has a couple of nice one's. The M5 has a very limited selection...Carbon isn't available!
[snapback]85812[/snapback]
David, I think Carbon Black is available on the M5, but only via the BMW Individual program. But I agree that they still need a better color panel.
* Another Question, Im not really sure what carbon black looks like, I saw an E39 M5 in a showroom the other day, it was carbon black, under bright light it looks like a deep dark blue/purple.... nice color. It that the same color im talking about?...

cheers
[snapback]88216[/snapback]
[/quote]

That's Carbon Black you are describing. I don't know what the individual colours are for the M5 but now individual options have been "bundled" so you have to pay ?5k extra and can't just order the paint I doubt many people will go for it...even on an M5.
Old 02-10-2005, 03:24 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 525i Sport. Mystic Blue. Logic 7, 6 CD Changer, Floormats. Just call me the last of the big spenders!!

Originally Posted by ISUK' date='Feb 10 2005, 04:45 PM
[quote name='nomad' date='Feb 9 2005, 05:14 PM']Also considering getting the front grille done in mystic blue as well to make it look even more aggresive.
Nomad,

Doing this would be a crime of incredible bad taste Get the chrome edged grilles from the 545. They make a world of difference to the look of the car. Mystic wouldn't be my choice as I'm not a fan of blue but I've seen a 530d sport in this colour and it did look good. The colou suits the sport models way better than the SE in the mostly cloudy UK. I'm sure ystic looks sharp in some of the sun drenched US states.
[snapback]88741[/snapback]
[/quote]

LOL!!

I hear ya on the grille! I'll probably reconsider.

On the Mystic Blue front, I'm surprised more people in the UK aren't into it. The E39 looks absolutely fantastic in solid blue (with a nice set of M wheels). Mystic Blue was the nearest I could get to it.
Old 02-10-2005, 03:40 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 525i Sport. Mystic Blue. Logic 7, 6 CD Changer, Floormats. Just call me the last of the big spenders!!

This is what I was thinking of. I love the look of the kidneys sorrounding the grille. I wasn't intending to do the entire grille (my mistake). I think it looks very aggresive.

If BMW had a high gloss shadowline option for the grille as well I would have ordered it. Probably looks good because the car is black as well, but I reckon color coded kidneys in mystic blue might be good as well

Old 02-10-2005, 03:42 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 "Stripper" Now C6 "Stripper"

Luke.....I am your father! (Star Wars analogy)
Old 02-10-2005, 04:01 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Another one:

Non carbon black sport in the UK!!-545i_6.jpg

Non carbon black sport in the UK!!-545i_7.jpg

Non carbon black sport in the UK!!-545i_8.jpg

Non carbon black sport in the UK!!-545i_10.jpg
Old 02-11-2005, 02:31 AM
Senior Members

Sorry, but I have to disagree on the painted grilles look. To me that black car looks awful. :'(

The painted kidney surrounds loses the visual identity of the car completely. The chrome kidneys are the "face" of a BMW. Painting them out just turns the frontal aspect of the car into a bland 80's style non-descript front end - remember cars such as the Ford Sierra and original bubble shaped Vauuxhall Cavalier where the deisigners ditched the grille? They all rushed to bring them back in the 90's to give their cars more visual prescence and distinct brand images as customers complained about bland styling. BMW never ditched the kidneys but made them more prominent from the E36 on to create a brand image.

Each to their own though.
Old 02-11-2005, 02:37 AM
Members

My Ride: Currently in a 2003 e46 M3 Cab Waiting to get a 535d Sport with individual and all the extras...

Originally Posted by ISUK' date='Feb 11 2005, 11:31 AM
Sorry, but I have to disagree on the painted grilles look. To me that black car looks awful.? :'(

The painted kidney surrounds loses the visual identity of the car completely. The chrome kidneys are the "face" of a BMW...Each to their own though.
[snapback]88935[/snapback]
I tend to agree - but I would like the inner slats in high gloss I'm miffed that BMW didn't make their top oil burner get the chrome grilles - pretty sure they did on the e39 - but I'm not gonna add chrome ones myself...
Old 02-11-2005, 03:21 AM
Senior Members

Olly,

The slats on the chrome edged grilles are high gloss black. It costs around ?110 for a set and is easily one of the best mods you can do IMHO. After spending way over ?40k on your new car what's another ?100 or so to make it look great?
Old 02-11-2005, 04:59 AM
Members

My Ride: Currently in a 2003 e46 M3 Cab Waiting to get a 535d Sport with individual and all the extras...

Originally Posted by ISUK' date='Feb 11 2005, 12:21 PM
Olly,

The slats on the chrome edged grilles are high gloss black. It costs around ?110 for a set and is easily one of the best mods you can do IMHO. After spending way over ?40k on your new car what's another ?100 or so to make it look great?
[snapback]88949[/snapback]

Which grille is this then ? Where do i get one ?
Old 02-11-2005, 05:01 AM
Senior Members

It's the grilles for the 545i. Your dealer should be able to fit them for you before you take delivery. They look a lot better. Flowerfred posted a before and after shot on his Titanium car a while back. If you do a search you should find the pics.

Quick Reply: Non carbon black sport in the UK!!