E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

No remote for Webast/aux heater?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 04:55 AM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2005 525D Touring (E61)

Hello there!

I recently bought a 2008 525 DAT M-style.
As I went to pick it up at the dealer one key and the remote control for the aux. heater (Webasto) was missing. I was told this was left back at another work shop and would be sent to me.
After a few days i received a phone call from the dealer informing me that the 2nd key was missing, and a new would be produced for me. Second message was that for this car there was no remote control for the aux. heater. Some cars come without according to the dealer...

Is this so? Some cars with aux. heater comes without remote control for this? What's the point? Here at the west coast of Norway, during winter, we can experience that we have +8 degr. Celcius in the evening and then during the night temperature has fallen below zero and there has fallen 30 cm snow. So when there is no remote and only timer, or direct drive, I need to engage the timer every night to make sure car is frost free in the morning without me having to remove snow and "break" my way into it. Not convenient.

Question; is it possible for me to just by the correct remote and that's it? What doI need, and do you know where to get it? And of course I assume I have to run by a AD and reprogram/code the entire car for this to work properly?

Thanks in advance!!

Best regards,
jehovden