E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No October Production for e60's in Canada!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 03:33 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Everybody,
As stated in my previous thread I ordered a 525i 2006 silver gray/ auburn interior with sport pack, navi pack, premium pack, adaptive xenon lights, active steering, harmon kardon logic 7,sport seats on august 14th.
It was too late for a september production because all orders were already placed.
Now bmw checked the whole entire system for Canada and did not find one 525i the way i wanted it.
So they basically told me that I will have to wait until November. Meaning it would be a October production.
Now I went to the dealer last week and to my surprise they told me that Germany was not producing any 5 series ( i guess for Canada , i;m not sure) in the month of October and so production would go to the month of November and delivery in the month of December.
Now I was just furious.... My volvo is going back in mid october and I will be left with no car until the month of December. Not only that but I will be picking up my rear wheel drive bmw right in the heart of winter!!! And let me tell you that winter in Montreal , Canada isn't fun...
So am I wrong for feeling like this? And should I or could I ask for some sort of compensation??
Has anyone heard about BMW not producing e60's in the month of October?
Old 09-19-2005, 03:35 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60

That sounds very strange. Have you called other local dealers to see if their story matches that?

Originally Posted by youyou' date='Sep 19 2005, 05:33 PM
Hi Everybody,
As stated in my previous thread I ordered a 525i 2006 silver gray/ auburn interior with sport pack, navi pack, premium pack, adaptive xenon lights, active steering, harmon kardon logic 7,sport seats on august 14th.
It was too late for a september production because all orders were already placed.
Now bmw checked the whole entire system for Canada and did not find one 525i the way i wanted it.
So they basically told me that I will have to wait until November. Meaning it would be a October production.
Now I went to the dealer last week and to my surprise they told me that Germany was not producing any 5 series ( i guess for Canada , i;m not sure) in the month of October and so production would go to the month of November and delivery in the month of December.
Now I was just furious.... My volvo is going back in mid october and I will be left with no car until the month of December. Not only that but I will be picking up my rear wheel drive bmw right in the heart of winter!!! And let me tell you that winter in Montreal , Canada isn't fun...
So am I wrong for feeling like this? And should I or could I ask for some sort of compensation??
Has anyone heard about BMW not producing e60's in the month of October?
[snapback]172476[/snapback]
Old 09-19-2005, 03:53 PM
Members

Yes I actually spoke to one other dealership and they told me the same thing...
I know it does sound very strange.
Old 09-19-2005, 04:02 PM
Contributors

I hope such is not the case for USA. I ordered my car LAST week!

I will call the dealer and ask them and will post here
Old 09-19-2005, 05:07 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 F10 535i, Graphite on Oyster, ///Msport, Executive Package, XDrive

I wouldn't be worried about driving it during winter. I picked mine up during a blizzard last December. Just get 4 good snow tires on it and you will be fine.

I am shocked that there would be no E60's produced for Canada during the month of October. Is it possible that the dealer has sold out their allocation of 525's for October Production? Did you try another dealer to see if they have one scheduled for production that can be changed to your specs?
Old 09-19-2005, 08:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2015 535D M Sport

Try yet another dealer. There might be an allocation issue with the dealers you are talking to.
Old 09-20-2005, 04:02 AM
Senior Members

I've seen this before ... each region (Canada is in it on region different from the States) only gets allocated x number of cars (525, 530, 530x, etc) per month, and there are some months, in a market as small as Canada, when there are no cars of a certain engine/x style available ...