E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

no low frequencies at all

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 01:55 AM
drm
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HI everyone,
Went through a lot of publications here related to the bmw e60 sound, but still have to ask for advise.
I bought 2005 bmw e60 2.0 diesel Sport(no nav) and I have a very very bad quality of the sound, I mean I don't hear any bass at all.
As I went through the site I got to know that there two bass speakers under the front seats installed. I went to my car to check this out, I found plastic grills installed under the both of the seats(are the speakers there???). When I'm playing radio or cd I don't have any bass at all, it looks like my bass speakers are not working or not supposed to work at all(not installed). This is unbelievable for me, because the quality of the sound is absolutely crap.
could anyone clarify this for me, please.
Do all the models come with original subwoofer built in under the seats or it is an extra feature????
If it comes with sub under the seats, what should I check first to find out what is wrong with my sub speakers? Any ideas??
The car is so nice, but I can't believe that it comes with this crap quality of sound even for basic features. The sound is the worst I have ever heard, it is like listening 2+1 speakers(connected to your PC) without a subwoofer.
Any help will be appreciated,
Thanks in advance!!
Old 08-26-2009, 02:00 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

need to know where you live?,

US spec. standard sound :- 10 speakers, 4 mids (front doors and rear shelf), 4 tweeters (front doors and rear shelf), 2 larger mids (not subs (under the seats))

UK/Euro spec. standard sound :- 6 speakers, 4 mids (front doors and rear shelf), 2 larger mids (not subs (under the seats))

you only get proper subs under the seats with Logic7 and the individual sound systems.
Old 08-26-2009, 02:12 AM
drm
Members

Originally Posted by BLooD' post='989042' date='Aug 26 2009, 06:00 AM
need to know where you live?,

US spec. standard sound :- 10 speakers, 4 mids (front doors and rear shelf), 4 tweeters (front doors and rear shelf), 2 larger mids (not subs (under the seats))

UK/Euro spec. standard sound :- 6 speakers, 4 mids (front doors and rear shelf), 2 larger mids (not subs (under the seats))

you only get proper subs under the seats with Logic7 and the individual sound systems.

Thanks a lot.
As a car was bought form uk, there are two mids speakers installed under the seats, but it looks like that they are dead.
If I want to install an active subwoofer, will I be able to do that. I know that this topic was discussed in forum but I couldn't figure it out how it has to be connected.
Could anyone explain in plain English what am I supposed to do to connect an active sub. Is it worts doing so???
Thanks in advance
Old 08-26-2009, 03:17 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

put your hand on the grill when sound is being played they should vibrate a little, mine is the same there's just not much bass but they are working

our US cousins should be able to help with adding a sub and power amp if some one chimes in with some help
Old 08-26-2009, 03:33 AM
Members

The actual speakers (when working) aren't too bad, it's the poor built in amp in the head unit that lets it down.

I have the base UK stereo and have kept the existing six speakers, and added official tweeters to front doors and rear parcel shelf (simply plug into the exiting mid-range speakers) and a Blaupunkt THA-275 amp with plug 'n play wiring loom (loops in behind the existing head unit).

Spent about ?320 all in, and it has transformed the sound completely.

Amp and loom link