E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The new X5 M, it actually exists, I saw one today.

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 08:53 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 - 530i Sport, Auto, Alpine White, Dark Poplar, Beige Dakota w/ Comfort Seats, Cold Weather Package (yeah I know I live in SC, but I love it on my back after a long day of golf), Logic 7, Parking Assist, & Auto Sunshade.

Driving back from Charlotte, NC to Greenville I came up behind an X5 that I thought seemed to have wider tires and slightly flared fenders. As I got closer I noticed the M badge on the back. At first I thought someone was just a poser since I knew they were coming, but I didn't know they actually existed yet. But as I got closer they had the ever familiar South Carolina "Manufacturer" licence plate on it. Those of us here in the Upstate of SC are very familiar as any BMW owned car from the factory usually sports those plates. Some of my neighbors who work at the factory will drive a car with "Manufacturer's" plates on them when they get a car through the company.

So just like I saw some X6's with features taped over before they ever officially rolled out to the public being driven (tested I imagine) on the interstate here by BMW personnel. This one seemed to not be taped off or covered in anyway.

I took a couple of pictures as best as I could with my camera phone, while I was driving. It is kind of hard to do while you are cruising up the freeway at a pretty good clip. I am really bummed because I was in the process of passing the guy to get some more pictures when he took the next exit ramp off to the right. I wish I could have known and gotten off that same exit. I would have loved to get some still shots. I think the guy might have actually exited on purpose because I was kind of hovering all around him on the highway and taking pics with my camera phone. I dont know if he saw or knew that I was, and wanted to exit to get away from me or not. But I am sure he was heading further down the highway the same way I was heading back towards Greenville, and the BMW factory. Once I figure out how to get those pics off my phone and into my computer I will try to post some here.

Maybe this isnt a big deal, and maybe the X5 M is readily available out there, but this is the first one that I have noticed.

I am not exactly sure where to post this info, but since this is the main topic thread I thought I would do it here.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:06 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 - 530i Sport, Auto, Alpine White, Dark Poplar, Beige Dakota w/ Comfort Seats, Cold Weather Package (yeah I know I live in SC, but I love it on my back after a long day of golf), Logic 7, Parking Assist, & Auto Sunshade.

Here are the pics...

Sorry they arent clearer, camera phone, through a windshield, at 75mph

First sited coming up from behind

Very cool!
Old 07-02-2009, 09:34 PM
Senior Members

it dosent look as aggressive as i thought it would be considering its an M. The wheels should at least be 20's.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:45 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 Alpine White e92 M3

I have to see this in person, look like nothing special from the pic above.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:05 PM
Contributors

It definitely looks smaller considering the smaller looking wheels. Looks more like an "M" version of the X3
Old 07-02-2009, 11:36 PM
Contributors

http://www.bmw.de/de/de/newvehicles/mserie...l?prm_action=x5
Old 07-03-2009, 04:47 AM
Senior Members

thing looks to low key for an M...SRT8 jeep looks more agressive IMHO
Old 07-03-2009, 06:15 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Yep, that's it. I have the wide wheel arches too, but they aren't painted the body color like on the M. And of course, the rear quad exhaust is a dead giveaway. I'm looking forward to seeing them on the showroom floor. I might have to change up the 4.8 for it.
Old 07-03-2009, 06:45 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='931655' date='Jul 3 2009, 10:15 AM
Yep, that's it. I have the wide wheel arches too, but they aren't painted the body color like on the M. And of course, the rear quad exhaust is a dead giveaway. I'm looking forward to seeing them on the showroom floor. I might have to change up the 4.8 for it.
C:

Me thinks you'll have one in your garage within the year. Who could resist that kind of power?
Old 07-03-2009, 12:27 PM
Senior Members

That is really cool!! ...

Quick Reply: The new X5 M, it actually exists, I saw one today.