E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to this whole thing

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2004, 12:53 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

I've not been thinking about winter tires yet.
Old 09-26-2004, 01:00 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

What??? You must have missed this option somewhere!!!

I'm glad I have them for this winter. I'm very curious to see how the ride is on the 17 inch wheels and if there is more noise from the tires (or less maybe).
Old 09-26-2004, 01:03 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by 530E60NL' date='Sep 26 2004, 11:00 PM
What??? You must have missed this option somewhere!!!? ?
[snapback]38343[/snapback]
Usually there is no snow in Frankfurt (just the one you inhale )- maybe one or two das. So I take the public transport or another car (two more in my family)...
I might get snow tires for my E60, since I drive it more than my previous cars...
Old 09-26-2004, 03:15 PM
Members

Originally Posted by gomac' date='Sep 26 2004, 08:55 AM
As the topic says "new to this whole thing" Ordered our? 545i? Aug. 26th expect delivery in November.Options ordered are: Rear Side Airbags, Front Comfort Seats, Fold Down Rear Seats, Navigation System, Heads up Display, Satellite Radio, cold Weather Pkg, Premium Sound Pkg and? Active Steering. I have read a lot of your posts which have answered many questions but I still have more. Some background information. My wife and I are Americans working for the US Govt. so we recieve many wonderful benefits others over here do not. I can only imagine paying all of the regular taxes and other living purchases. Questions follow:
1. Since I ordered Satellite Radio and I am in Germany is there a free 1 year subscription with that if so, what service? When we return to the States do we then get the Sirius (sp) service?
2. We purchased the car through the American Sales service why do we get only the 2 year German Warranty not the 4 year US?
3. Should we get winter tires. In older versions of the 5 series I kept hearing folks talk about the light rear end and how they carried around sand bags to maintain traction.
4 How soon should the dealer give the VIN # so I can check things out on the BMW web site?
I think that is enough to chew on for now. No doubt I will be asking many more questions in the coming weeks.? ? ? Thanks in advance!!!

Welcome gomac, All the questions you have are viable. Who is your agent?, (if you don't mind me asking) I am located in the Schweinfurt area, and I ordered my car through the Military Sales there. My agent just sold my wife winter tires for her 325, she says they are helpful, different ride quality though.

[snapback]38261[/snapback]
Old 09-26-2004, 03:17 PM
Members

Originally Posted by RUTHLESS530' date='Sep 26 2004, 05:15 PM
[quote name='gomac' date='Sep 26 2004, 08:55 AM']As the topic says "new to this whole thing" Ordered our? 545i? Aug. 26th expect delivery in November.Options ordered are: Rear Side Airbags, Front Comfort Seats, Fold Down Rear Seats, Navigation System, Heads up Display, Satellite Radio, cold Weather Pkg, Premium Sound Pkg and? Active Steering. I have read a lot of your posts which have answered many questions but I still have more. Some background information. My wife and I are Americans working for the US Govt. so we recieve many wonderful benefits others over here do not. I can only imagine paying all of the regular taxes and other living purchases. Questions follow:
1. Since I ordered Satellite Radio and I am in Germany is there a free 1 year subscription with that if so, what service? When we return to the States do we then get the Sirius (sp) service?
2. We purchased the car through the American Sales service why do we get only the 2 year German Warranty not the 4 year US?
3. Should we get winter tires. In older versions of the 5 series I kept hearing folks talk about the light rear end and how they carried around sand bags to maintain traction.
4 How soon should the dealer give the VIN # so I can check things out on the BMW web site?
I think that is enough to chew on for now. No doubt I will be asking many more questions in the coming weeks.? ? ? Thanks in advance!!!

Welcome gomac, All the questions you have are viable. Who is your agent?, (if you don't mind me asking) I am located in the Schweinfurt area, and I ordered my car through the Military Sales there. My agent just sold my wife winter tires for her 325, she says they are helpful, different ride quality though.

[snapback]38368[/snapback]
[/quote]
Old 09-26-2004, 05:21 PM
Senior Members

congrats and welcome aboard ! please post some pics when you have your car .
Old 09-26-2004, 11:08 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by alohalc' date='Sep 27 2004, 02:21 AM
congrats and welcome aboard !? please post some pics when you have your car .
[snapback]38394[/snapback]
Thanks, I will be happy to post pictures as soon as I get the car. I already told the folks at BMW to reserve a spot so I can just stare at it for a few hours before it and I hit the autobahn. (I know vary speed etc for the first 1200 miles :-( ) I think I just may have to be sick the day it comes in with the Dr. appointment at the BMW dealer.
Old 09-26-2004, 11:10 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by RUTHLESS530' date='Sep 27 2004, 12:17 AM
[quote name='RUTHLESS530' date='Sep 26 2004, 05:15 PM'][quote name='gomac' date='Sep 26 2004, 08:55 AM']As the topic says "new to this whole thing" Ordered our? 545i? Aug. 26th expect delivery in November.Options ordered are: Rear Side Airbags, Front Comfort Seats, Fold Down Rear Seats, Navigation System, Heads up Display, Satellite Radio, cold Weather Pkg, Premium Sound Pkg and? Active Steering. I have read a lot of your posts which have answered many questions but I still have more. Some background information. My wife and I are Americans working for the US Govt. so we recieve many wonderful benefits others over here do not. I can only imagine paying all of the regular taxes and other living purchases. Questions follow:

[snapback]38368[/snapback]
[/quote]
[snapback]38371[/snapback]
[/quote]

Tony is the Salesman. Great guy. I asked for the production number or the VIN number he said they would not have that information until the week before it was built. Hard to believe they would wait that long.
Old 09-26-2004, 11:30 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by gomac' date='Sep 27 2004, 09:10 AM
Tony is the Salesman. Great guy. I asked for the production number or the VIN number he said they would not have that information until the week before it was built. Hard to believe they would wait that long.
[snapback]38445[/snapback]
You can believe it. I bought mine through military sales and all he could do was guess. There updates are different than everybody elses. We get tax free but getting info and other advantages are lost by doing this. I would actually call a BMW dealership and give them my VIN and see where it was. It just so happened on the day I called it was just dropped off that morning.
Old 09-26-2004, 11:37 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by kigerka' date='Sep 27 2004, 08:30 AM
[quote name='gomac' date='Sep 27 2004, 09:10 AM']
[snapback]38445[/snapback]
You can believe it. I bought mine through military sales and all he could do was guess. There updates are different than everybody elses. We get tax free but getting info and other advantages are lost by doing this. I would actually call a BMW dealership and give them my VIN and see where it was. It just so happened on the day I called it was just dropped off that morning.
[snapback]38448[/snapback]
[/quote]
Can you explain to me why we get only the 2 year instead of the 4 year Warranty? Since there is a Military US sales office you would think it could be handled through them. We would then have the same Warranty as any other US spec car and the same treatment.

Quick Reply: New to this whole thing