E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

NEW WHEELS ON THE BIMMER

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 08:37 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Rick - You need to get my springs. Like Dave said, even if you don't like it, you can always go back. But Kerry drove my car today and he even said the ride was fine with my springs. Do it man. With 18's and not doing 19's, you gotta! You spent a lot of money on those wheels. Finish it off right.
Old 05-23-2008, 08:39 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535xi / Platinum Grey / Black leather / Step Auto / Sport / Premium / Cold weather / 18" wheels / Logic 7 / Comfort / ipod / Navigation / Fold Down Rear Seats / Rear Airbags / Sirius SAT / Spoiler / Extended Clear bra / Bluetooth. (Previously owned a 2002 sport 525I Loaded). On order: 535xi Platnium Grey with Black interior, Step Auto, Sports package, Premium package, Cold weather package, 18" wheels, Logic 7, Comfort access, ipod adapt, Navigation, Sat radio, Rear spoiler, Extended Clear coat bra.

Originally Posted by myfootsmells' post='587319' date='May 24 2008, 12:28 AM
ugggh to be honest those things look horrible w/o a drop. my very first reaction when i saw the first picture was like OMFG who is this guy putting on such ugly ass wheels. now with the photoshopped picture, it LOOKS really really good. drop it my friend it's turns a girl who is a 3 to a 9
There was a time when I had your mentality, but really, enjoy your ride on your bumpy twenty's.
Old 05-23-2008, 08:42 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535xi / Platinum Grey / Black leather / Step Auto / Sport / Premium / Cold weather / 18" wheels / Logic 7 / Comfort / ipod / Navigation / Fold Down Rear Seats / Rear Airbags / Sirius SAT / Spoiler / Extended Clear bra / Bluetooth. (Previously owned a 2002 sport 525I Loaded). On order: 535xi Platnium Grey with Black interior, Step Auto, Sports package, Premium package, Cold weather package, 18" wheels, Logic 7, Comfort access, ipod adapt, Navigation, Sat radio, Rear spoiler, Extended Clear coat bra.

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='587322' date='May 24 2008, 12:37 AM
Rick - You need to get my springs. Like Dave said, even if you don't like it, you can always go back. But Kerry drove my car today and he even said the ride was fine with my springs. Do it man. With 18's and not doing 19's, you gotta! You spent a lot of money on those wheels. Finish it off right.
Hey Calton what's up? I'm really considering it. Dave and I have been texting back and forth on this issue and I'm considering it. There are a couple of more questions regarding it so I'll touch base with you soon.

Rick....
Old 05-23-2008, 08:47 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Alpine White 550i Sport, Cream Beige Interior, 6-Sp Manual - retired 9/2011

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='587322' date='May 24 2008, 12:37 AM
What C said....
Old 05-23-2008, 08:47 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 14 550i

it's only a matter of time before you go drop it...

Originally Posted by slickrick' post='587324' date='May 23 2008, 09:39 PM
There was a time when I had your mentality, but really, enjoy your ride on your bumpy twenty's.
Old 05-23-2008, 08:49 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by myfootsmells' post='587333' date='May 24 2008, 12:47 AM
it's only a matter of time before you go drop it...
I know, I know.......soon maybe before the meet.
Old 05-23-2008, 08:49 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by slickrick' post='587327' date='May 24 2008, 12:42 AM
Hey Calton what's up? I'm really considering it. Dave and I have been texting back and forth on this issue and I'm considering it. There are a couple of more questions regarding it so I'll touch base with you soon.

Rick....
Please do, bc Dave's old car sucked and he got bent over with his situation (Hahahaha...just kidding D!). Seriously though, my car is great and you are more than welcome to drive it at the meet. I think you'll end up changing your mind when you try mine.

I think the hard part for people is that you have a "rivet" wheel with a lip. The "lip" adds an extra inch to the circumference depth, so when in fact they are 18's, they look smaller than they actually are. This is one reason I didn't want a big lip wheel if I were to go with 19's. If I had a "lipped wheel", 20 was a must to keep the bigger circumference look.

Regardless, I think your set-up would look great, but only if you tune the suspension (xi or not). Otherwise, it just looks out of place. I came from an E39 and 18's looked huge, but on the E60, 18's look small due to the enormous wheels arches.

PS - If it makes you feel any better, Kerry(poleposition) and I took a drive today. When I saw his 20's next to my 19's, I then starting thinking my wheels were too small and needed an upgrade. Seriously! I was like, what a piece of shit my car is. Hahahahahaha! It never ends, but I will tell you that the drop makes a HUGE difference.

/C
Old 05-23-2008, 08:50 PM
Contributors

And if my wife can drive the car and be fine with it, so can you.

Dave - I see you looking at this thread punk! Go back to Home Shopping Network and order that Salad Spinner!
Old 05-23-2008, 08:52 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Alpine White 550i Sport, Cream Beige Interior, 6-Sp Manual - retired 9/2011

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='587335' date='May 24 2008, 12:49 AM
When I saw his 20's next to my 19's, I then starting thinking my wheels were too small...
That's what I'm thinking now with the M5...20's on the horizon? HRE P40's?

Rick, go drive C's before the meet. That way you won't get flamed during, if you still are high-riding! And while you are there, take a few pictures because C's camera seems to be broken.
Old 05-23-2008, 08:54 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='587335' date='May 24 2008, 12:49 AM
Please do, bc Dave's old car sucked and he got bent over with his situation (Hahahaha...just kidding D!). Seriously though, my car is great and you are more than welcome to drive it at the meet. I think you'll end up changing your mind when you try mine.

I think the hard part for people is that you have a "rivet" wheel with a lip. The "lip" adds an extra inch to the circumference depth, so when in fact they are 18's, they look smaller than they actually are. This is one reason I didn't want a big lip wheel if I were to go with 19's. If I had a "lipped wheel", 20 was a must to keep the bigger circumference look.

Regardless, I think your set-up would look great, but only if you tune the suspension (xi or not). Otherwise, it just looks out of place. I came from an E39 and 18's looked huge, but on the E60, 18's look small due to the enormous wheels arches.

PS - If it makes you feel any better, Kerry(poleposition) and I took a drive today. When I saw his 20's next to my 19's, I then starting thinking my wheels were too small and needed an upgrade. Seriously! I was like, what a piece of shit my car is. Hahahahahaha! It never ends, but I will tell you that the drop makes a HUGE difference.

/C
Cool, now i'm being hit over the head by you and Dave, oh my god. My wife is going to kill me as it is. When I received the wheels I took them to storage so she would not see them until I put them on the car..hahahaha. I finally broke it to her and just looked at me and said we need new doors in the house and I said I know, I know...lololo

Rick..

Quick Reply: NEW WHEELS ON THE BIMMER