E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

New Ride...Need some help with mods...

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 07:45 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

Originally Posted by E60714' post='629597' date='Jul 21 2008, 10:43 PM
Yeah, I know. My buds are dying to see it too. It's just this stupid camera situation which may force me to use the camera phone. 2.0 megapixels wont be that bad, would they?
I took my signature pics with my iphone which has 2.0 megapixel, not too bad.
Old 07-21-2008, 07:48 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by tex_phil' post='629599' date='Jul 21 2008, 10:45 PM
I took my signature pics with my iphone which has 2.0 megapixel, not too bad.

Really? Well, my LG enV has a 2.0 as well. I'll do it first thing tomorrow then.
Old 07-21-2008, 07:49 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

to the forum. Congrats on your new car. Happy motoring
Old 07-21-2008, 07:52 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 Ford F-250 Harley Davidson Edition 6.4L OHV Power Stroke Turbo Diesel V8 (350hp/650lbft) Blue Flame Package Dual Alternators Touch Screen Navigation + DVD Player Uplifter Switches Trailer Brake Controller Traction Control Rapid Heat Supplemental Cab Heater Rear View Camera Power Slide Moonroof

I've had cold air intakes on all of my previous cars (gt mustang, subaru wrx sti) and they were all fine in the winter. I ordered one for my 535xi and should have it tomorrow. I'm not worried about the winter but I do drive my car everyday. You should contact r1racer or nerweezy. The Logic HVI intake is on sale right now for $250, originally $350!

Heres some ideas for you

sprint booster = $300
air intake = $250
tints = $300
shadow line trim = $250

Pick and choose 3 of those and your under budget
Old 07-21-2008, 08:12 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by too solid' post='629608' date='Jul 21 2008, 10:52 PM
I've had cold air intakes on all of my previous cars (gt mustang, subaru wrx sti) and they were all fine in the winter. I ordered one for my 535xi and should have it tomorrow. I'm not worried about the winter but I do drive my car everyday. You should contact r1racer or nerweezy. The Logic HVI intake is on sale right now for $250, originally $350!

Heres some ideas for you

sprint booster = $300
air intake = $250
tints = $300
shadow line trim = $250

Pick and choose 3 of those and your under budget

Hmm, the sprint and air intake are definitely ones I'm looking at. I dunno about the tints, however I did see one today with tints and I guess it looked cool. It is a black car so maybe.

Just a quick question, while I don't think I'd ever opt for the Dinan stage 2 software upgrade, for 2 grand, is it still worth it? Would the change in performance be drastic? It seems to just up the HP and torque, which is great, but other places offer +35 hp for much less. I doubt those are software mods though.
Old 07-21-2008, 08:15 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 Ford F-250 Harley Davidson Edition 6.4L OHV Power Stroke Turbo Diesel V8 (350hp/650lbft) Blue Flame Package Dual Alternators Touch Screen Navigation + DVD Player Uplifter Switches Trailer Brake Controller Traction Control Rapid Heat Supplemental Cab Heater Rear View Camera Power Slide Moonroof

Originally Posted by E60714' post='629613' date='Jul 21 2008, 09:12 PM
Hmm, the sprint and air intake are definitely ones I'm looking at. I dunno about the tints, however I did see one today with tints and I guess it looked cool. It is a black car so maybe.

Just a quick question, while I don't think I'd ever opt for the Dinan stage 2 software upgrade, for 2 grand, is it still worth it? Would the change in performance be drastic? It seems to just up the HP and torque, which is great, but other places offer +35 hp for much less. I doubt those are software mods though.
35 horsepower? The Dinan stage 2 gives you roughly 80 more horse power and 120 pounds of torque. Plus it's under warranty! In the USA anyways.. Member pennetta has it done along with a few others. Well worth the money, try getting 80 hp and 120 lbs of torque on an E60 other then the 535 for $2000. Not gonna happen! I've heard a ton of good reviews on it, and if my car wasn't a lease it's the first thing I would have done.

BTW I found a dyno sheet and a few video clips of a 335 with the Logic HVI Intake, check it out..

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142017
Old 07-21-2008, 08:20 PM
Members

Originally Posted by E60714' post='629380' date='Jul 21 2008, 02:46 PM
All right, I saw a 16 year-old on here get bashed for his thread on his Bimmer, so I'll go ahead and mention this right up front. I'm 19 and I got a 535xi for my birthday about two weeks ago. Yeah, "someone" bought it for me, but I don't feel the need to defend myself in saying that I didn't ask for it, I was offered it, something which also happens quite rarely. Anyways, with that being said, I'm enjoying the ride, I joined a couple of days ago and after seeing all these pics of 5ers with mods it kinda had me thinking about how I could make my car "unique," I guess would be the term.

Now, I don't "someone" will be plopping down more cash for me to blow on extras for the car, which is understandable, so keep in mind that I can't go all out for a new Dinan suspension or anything. I've been looking at sites, mostly just for laughs, like Alpina and Dinan and then Bavauto, the first two being ridiculously expensive and Bav having nothing.

I don't anything particular in mind as far as what I want done. No offense to those with the M-Aero kit, but I think having that exact aero kit kinda makes it like a wannabe M5. Maybe it's just me and my silly complexes, but if I were to invest in a kit it would be something, again, "unique." I'm fine with the car's rims but I know those are expensive so if I wanted to change those i may end up blowing everything on 1500 rims. Then there's the intake, exhaust, exhaust tips, etc. I live in Chicago, go to school in Auburn, and I'm not taking the Bimmer down there, atleast not this year, so it'll be driven in the snow. I did not know of this or hear of this before, but someone mentioned cold air intakes during the winter freeze up without a heater? My dad may take it for a spin three times a week or so, so I don't see that happening, but in case he doesn't is it possible??

I'll post up pics if need be, sadly I misplaced the battery charger to the camera and the battery is dead. I'll figure it out, I'll use the camera phone if need be. But I don't think pics would be necessary, but if they are just let me know. I'll submit myself and say that I don't know that much about the technical parts of cars, so I may ask silly questions from time to time. Plus, we're originally a Lexus family so this would be our first Bimmer too. So bear with me at times.
A lot of us aren't going to care that your car was bought for you as a present or that you're 19. I'm 26, I like to think that isn't too old lol and I wish I had my car paid for by someone else. Sadly, I wasn't that lucky. Congrats on the new car! Living in the desert, tint was a must for me but you may not care about it as much being in Chicago. While I don't have the sprint booster *yet* I hear that's a great mod to have for not too much money. Again, I can't speak for colder climates being in Arizona but the AFE intake is another reasonably priced mod. I don't know if you're looking for performance mods or cosmetic first, but a couple inexpensive cosmetic mods are replacement grills (CF or black should you not want the chrome) and the trunk finisher. I'll post more as I think of them but that's a decent start.
Old 07-21-2008, 08:22 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Effeckt' post='629615' date='Jul 21 2008, 08:20 PM
AFE intake is another reasonably priced mod.
Sadly it's not available for the 535!
Old 07-21-2008, 08:28 PM
Members

Oh snap.. I didn't know that. Too bad.
Old 07-22-2008, 06:32 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by too solid' post='629614
A lot of us aren't going to care that your car was bought for you as a present or that you're 19. I'm 26, I like to think that isn't too old lol and I wish I had my car paid for by someone else. Sadly, I wasn't that lucky. Congrats on the new car! Living in the desert, tint was a must for me but you may not care about it as much being in Chicago. While I don't have the sprint booster *yet* I hear that's a great mod to have for not too much money. Again, I can't speak for colder climates being in Arizona but the AFE intake is another reasonably priced mod. I don't know if you're looking for performance mods or cosmetic first, but a couple inexpensive cosmetic mods are replacement grills (CF or black should you not want the chrome) and the trunk finisher. I'll post more as I think of them but that's a decent start.

So, ok, I can find the filter at the store (right?) and the booster I can order online. But what about the kits, rims, etc.? Are there any sites with a wide variety which I could browse through?

Quick Reply: New Ride...Need some help with mods...