E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

New Navigation DVD

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 10:31 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]
Thumbs up

I have the Business Navigation unit. (Europe only, smaller screen, no maps).
I had 2004 DVD disc and worked ok. Today I just bought 2006 DVD BMW Business Navigation disc and it does not work. I can only access the destination input but it does not find the road and it does not navigate. Also the navigation unit is not able to name current position of the car. It basicaly works like "offline" mode.

Just while ago I found somewhere on the web that new version of DVD maps need CIP update????
WTF????? I'm not gonna get new CIP uploaded and have 100 new software issue. I'm happy with old CIP I have.

Do I really need like CIP 18. and up to run new 2006 Business DVD Navi?????
anyone?
Old 11-28-2005, 11:08 AM
Members

hi peter nick here cant help you with your situation. but have you heard off our friend hobie got m5 wheel but not heard from him
Old 11-28-2005, 11:26 PM
Contributors

My Ride: MY 2004 545i Touring, High Executive Line, Comfort Line II, Vision Line II (Dutch specced Packages), Color: Oxford Green. Interior: Black/Black leather. Trim: Dark Popular wood. Gear: Steptronic 6-speed Other options not incuded in above packages: M-Sport aero kit, sports suspension, heated steering wheel, rear side-airbags, front screen with green upper part, panorama roof, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels with Dunlop RFT's, HiFi Pro/LOGIC7, alarm class 3, heated seats rear and voice recognition. Waiting for february delivery of 325i Touring and 130i

your dealer should fix this as they sold you something which is not working
Old 11-29-2005, 12:16 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

Originally Posted by mhoutman' post='204621' date='Nov 29 2005, 03:26 AM
Ebay did sell me this but it is a brand new original DVD.

I'm just trying to know if a 2006 Navigation DVD reguires CIP higher 18+
Old 12-02-2005, 03:08 AM
Members

My Ride: [color=#000099][font=Verdana]Oct 2005 530d limousine, Silver Grey, Steptronic, Black Dakota leather, 17" Star Spoke style 138 wheels with Bridgestone Potenza 050A, extended air conditioning, M sports steering wheel, PDC, Xenon, ProSat Nav, Cruise Control, iDrive 19.02 [/font][/color]

Originally Posted by Peter530i' post='204628

[/quote]

I don't know for CIP update, but know that 2 versions of navigational DVD's exists for business and professional unit. Could they sold you wrong one?
Old 12-02-2005, 03:14 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Mladen' post='206029
Originally Posted by mhoutman' post='204621' date='Nov 29 2005, 03:26 AM

I don't know for CIP update, but know that 2 versions of navigational DVD's exists for business and professional unit. Could they sold you wrong one?
[/quote]

you are correct there are 2 versions of DVD navi, Business and Profi. I have the right one.

so yes it is confirmed. The new 2006 DVD navi maps requires cars with CIP software no older then 6/2005.

So I better live with old 2004 DVD maps instead of messing my car with new software reload.