E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

New Member with Pics!

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 06:55 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr5
Now for some modding help (straight to the point lol):

Thus far I have the Matte Black Grills, 18 LED license plate lights, a JB3 2.0, and a BMS single cone intake.

I'm looking to drop it a few inches because the X-Drive makes this thing look like an SUV and was interested in some sort of a rear bumper to fit a quad exhaust because the single sided exhaust is creeping me out.
It's a lease so I don't want to make permanent changes such as hack up my stock bumper.

Any ideas?
Your 5er in your signature looks amazing.
Welcome to the forums!! You don't have to hack up your rear bumper, you can just change your diffuser to accommodate quads.
Old 04-13-2010, 06:58 AM
Contributors

Welcome to the 4-door world!

Old 04-13-2010, 06:59 AM
Contributors

awesome rydes... welcome
Old 04-13-2010, 07:01 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 E60 530i, 2012 E70 X5 35i
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by Mr5
Yes I am.

I was just going to PM you back.
Thanks for the invite to this forum!

Now for some modding help (straight to the point lol):

Thus far I have the Matte Black Grills, 18 LED license plate lights, a JB3 2.0, and a BMS single cone intake.

I'm looking to drop it a few inches because the X-Drive makes this thing look like an SUV and was interested in some sort of a rear bumper to fit a quad exhaust because the single sided exhaust is creeping me out.
It's a lease so I don't want to make permanent changes such as hack up my stock bumper.

Any ideas?
Your 5er in your signature looks amazing.

Thanks for the compliment. My car used to look like that. Sold pretty much everything.

Your car looks amazing. I love AW.

As for a Drop.. you best bet is with coilovers, especially with X Drive. But since its a 2010, I'm not sure if the KW Variant 3's would be compatibile. I know anyone with a XI has to use those coilovers since they are the only ones compatible.

As for Quad tip exhaust, you can easily change out the diffuser for quad tips, however, many people hear has stated that you will lose power if you have a quad tip setup, especially since you have a turbo engine. I believe RPI is one of the better exhaust for the E60's and that will produce the best power. Our You can try to go for Remus like member White08. He recently changed out the tips, but I heard the remus exhaust is super quiet. Dont know about the power output.

You'll definitely enjoy your stay here. Plenty of performance / interior / exterior modding for your car. You're going to lose your wallet here. HAHA.

Where in NYC are you at? For any lighting mods, one of our Vendors here is in NYC and will help with any lighting mods needed. His name is Brabusw209amg. He'll even come to your house and install it! LOL.

And if you have any other Lighting mods, like Eyebrows, or LCI turn signals, or M5 cluster.. you can PM me.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:12 AM
Mr5
Members

Originally Posted by nigxdoof
Thanks for the compliment. My car used to look like that. Sold pretty much everything.

Your car looks amazing. I love AW.

As for a Drop.. you best bet is with coilovers, especially with X Drive. But since its a 2010, I'm not sure if the KW Variant 3's would be compatibile. I know anyone with a XI has to use those coilovers since they are the only ones compatible.

As for Quad tip exhaust, you can easily change out the diffuser for quad tips, however, many people hear has stated that you will lose power if you have a quad tip setup, especially since you have a turbo engine. I believe RPI is one of the better exhaust for the E60's and that will produce the best power. Our You can try to go for Remus like member White08. He recently changed out the tips, but I heard the remus exhaust is super quiet. Dont know about the power output.

You'll definitely enjoy your stay here. Plenty of performance / interior / exterior modding for your car. You're going to lose your wallet here. HAHA.

Where in NYC are you at? For any lighting mods, one of our Vendors here is in NYC and will help with any lighting mods needed. His name is Brabusw209amg. He'll even come to your house and install it! LOL.

And if you have any other Lighting mods, like Eyebrows, or LCI turn signals, or M5 cluster.. you can PM me.
I have a house in Howard Beach and an apartment in the Newport area in Jersey City.
I'm currently living in the apartment for about 6 more months but do go back to Howard Beach from time to time.
I might be there this weekend to swap out my snow tires for my summer tires.

I don't want the exhaust to be loud, I just hate the look of the single sided exhaust. I am worried about the back-pressure being a problem though since it's a turbo car and it needs the pressure.
I'll have to do some research on that topic.
Does the Remus have back pressure issues as well?

BTW. Any idea what's up with the actuator in the 535i exhaust? One of the tips does not let out any fumes and is squeaky clean while the other has carbon buildup as it can be seen in the exhaust pic above.
I tried to unplug the actuator from the trunk but the flap inside the exhaust still did not open.
I tried pinching the tube (golf tee mod) but that did not work either. Are both sides supposed to work?!

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:17 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 E60 530i, 2012 E70 X5 35i
Model Year: 2004

I'm not sure about the actuator with the exhaust. Your best bet is to go to in the Parts and Mods section and search or post in there. There's plenty of turbo cars in there that can chime in.

Funny thing is, I had quad tip exhaust, and I loved it, but now I actually want a single sided with Mtech rear. (I had the M5 rear). I definitely miss it, but if i had a chance to do it again, i plan to get Mtech front, sides and rear all the way.
Old 04-13-2010, 08:15 AM
Contributors

Welcome to the best BMW forum, period.
Old 04-13-2010, 08:21 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

to 5series.net. You have a great looking ride.
Old 04-13-2010, 08:24 AM
Contributors

What made you switch from the Gorgeous Convertible NEW 2009 Alpine WHITE 335i with RED INTERIOR?

Can you post more pics of the interior and exterior (sides,rear).

You new 5er looks Hot as well.Great Choice
Old 04-13-2010, 08:35 AM
Contributors

Welcome. 5post is dead. Seen your car on there.

Since your car is a lease and you want quads. I think Umnitza quads are bolt on and there is a second pipe off the muffler to the other side. Requires no/little modification.

Checkout member psE60's E60. I think he has them.