E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

New (to me at least) 530d

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 07:03 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just bought a used 530d via a UK BMW dealer (BMW approved used car).

I love the car (esp with it's 19" rims) - stonkingly quick at motorway speeds.

Starting to get frustrated with the dealer service. In the 3 days i have had the car the sodding I'Drive hasn;t stopped pinging on about 'high battery drain' and today it started claiming to have a flat tyre when it clearly didn't.

Checking out your forum I am starting to think my software hasn't been updated as these seem to be known faults. I am also getting bugged by creaky door seals - again seems to be a known warranty issue.

I'm going to give the dealer a shoeing tomorrow - not happy that they are selling 'approved cars' with outstanding 'known' problems.

I'm also going to chat with him about the ipod dock I negotiated into the price as I'm worried now that it is either going to have no functionality or mean disconnection of my cd changer.

Any support, suggestions and advice would be much welcome.
Old 02-05-2006, 09:51 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d Eccelsa, 05 2005 (built 12-04), sapphireblack, beige dakota leather, electric seats, poplar wood trim, sport suspension, 124 style 18" alloys, differentiated f/r runflat tyres, steptronic, adaptive light control, bi-xenon, BMW PRO nav, cd, cd changer, electric-foldable and automatic antidazzle rear mirrors, automatic antidazzle internal rear mirror, adjustable central armrest, BT, Hifi Professional LOGIC7 , extended functions aircon, full lighting package, green comfort fascia on windshield, PDC park distance control, voice control, CPT9000 car phone, BMW Assist, BMW On-line, BMW Tracking, alarm system, programmable remote controls.

Originally Posted by needforspeed' post='235142' date='Feb 5 2006, 05:03 PM
I just bought a used 530d via a UK BMW dealer (BMW approved used car).

I love the car (esp with it's 19" rims) - stonkingly quick at motorway speeds.

Starting to get frustrated with the dealer service. In the 3 days i have had the car the sodding I'Drive hasn;t stopped pinging on about 'high battery drain' and today it started claiming to have a flat tyre when it clearly didn't.

Checking out your forum I am starting to think my software hasn't been updated as these seem to be known faults. I am also getting bugged by creaky door seals - again seems to be a known warranty issue.

I'm going to give the dealer a shoeing tomorrow - not happy that they are selling 'approved cars' with outstanding 'known' problems.

I'm also going to chat with him about the ipod dock I negotiated into the price as I'm worried now that it is either going to have no functionality or mean disconnection of my cd changer.

All the problems you report are well known ones and easily fixed. Ask for a software update and for a door seals replacement and you'll enjoy a faultless 530d.
Good luck.
Old 02-05-2006, 09:52 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

don't worry about Ipod dock or intergation. it is a separate thing done via Aux Input. It has nothing to do wiht your CD!!!!
hope they fix the rest soon.
Old 02-05-2006, 10:04 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by needforspeed' post='235142' date='Feb 5 2006, 11:03 AM
Welcome, and congrats on your purchase. There isn't much point in chewing on the service personnel, or really anyone else, at this point. Remember, you had the opportunity to test the car thoroughly before purchasing. Just take your car in, and see if the service department, etc., comes through. Give your dealer a chance to do the right thing now--even if the car did come with some repairable and under-warranty problems. I am not sure, if for example, a dealer should be expected to make sure there are no squeaks on a used car before selling it.
Old 02-05-2006, 02:37 PM
Senior Members

Thanks for the helpful comments - I'll push for the software upgrade etc.. and hopefully recapture some of the intial joy I experienced when the car was delivered.

Don't get me wrong - it's wonderful too drive, but having had 3 3-series in a row I was expecting bob-on build quality and have been a little shaken to find problems so soon.
Old 02-05-2006, 11:56 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by needforspeed' post='235326' date='Feb 5 2006, 11:37 PM
Thanks for the helpful comments - I'll push for the software upgrade etc.. and hopefully recapture some of the intial joy I experienced when the car was delivered.

Don't get me wrong - it's wonderful too drive, but having had 3 3-series in a row I was expecting bob-on build quality and have been a little shaken to find problems so soon.
Welcome to our world where BMW are beta-testing software on us all! :thumbsdown: