E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

New (to me) Car Picked Up

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 09:48 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi All,

Picked up my 530i yesterday eve, no pics yet poor light first impressions

Good Bits
1) My Phone works with the Bluetooth Sony Ericcson V800
2) The ride with non-flats lovely
3) Much lighter steering to my knowledge it doesn't have active steering but it's way lighter than my previous E60
4) Much more lively with the new 3.0 engine (petrol)

Bad bits
1) One Pixel is red on the I-Drive screen - I'll leave that for the service
2) A rattle or squeaky trim from the rear I don't have folding seats but there is something going on back there - I'll see where that goes and maybe leave to first service

Pic's to follow probably after the weekend and especially if I get time to clay and wax.
Old 01-12-2006, 03:44 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Congrats

Your problems will be taken care of in the service.

Looking foreward for the pics!
Old 01-12-2006, 05:14 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by forge197' post='223151' date='Jan 12 2006, 01:48 AM
Hi All,

Picked up my 530i yesterday eve, no pics yet poor light first impressions

Good Bits
1) My Phone works with the Bluetooth Sony Ericcson V800
2) The ride with non-flats lovely
3) Much lighter steering to my knowledge it doesn't have active steering but it's way lighter than my previous E60
4) Much more lively with the new 3.0 engine (petrol)

Bad bits
1) One Pixel is red on the I-Drive screen - I'll leave that for the service
2) A rattle or squeaky trim from the rear I don't have folding seats but there is something going on back there - I'll see where that goes and maybe leave to first service

Pic's to follow probably after the weekend and especially if I get time to clay and wax.
Good deal, and congrats. You may have trouble getting the pixel taken care of. I doubt BMW will replace the screen for one dead pixel. Sometimes computer pixels can be massaged back to life. Some use pencil erasers and rub very gently--say, with micro fiber in between. But, I'd try to get the dealer to deal with it before trying anything. And, whatever you do, take extreme care not to scratch the screen. The squeeking is a common problem. Do a search, and you should turn some info up. It would be good to know the solution before going to the dealer because some dealers apparently don't always know how to fix the squeeks.
Old 01-12-2006, 05:17 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 530i, Titanium Silver, Gray Leather, Sports PKG, Premium PKG, Sound PKG, Cold PKG, STEP Tranny, Power sun shades, fold rear seats, rear seat heating, PDC, Nav

Congrats on your new ride!
Old 01-12-2006, 08:16 AM
Senior Members

>>Sometimes computer pixels can be massaged back to life.

Is this true? I ahve never heard about this before. I have couple of dead pixels on my laptop, was wondering if this might work on it too?
Old 01-12-2006, 08:49 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530 2006 msport package, steptronic, pdc, mystik blue, grey dakota leather, sunroof, Bi-Xenon, heated rear seats, Hi-FI system, velour carpets

Congrats!
Old 01-12-2006, 11:39 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 525i Titanium Silver Metalic and 2003 325xi Jet Black with the Premium Package in both cars.

Hey Forge197, congrats on your new ride. Take of this brand new baby.
Old 01-12-2006, 01:06 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 09 - 520d M Sport - Steptronic - Carbon Black - Black Dakota Leather Sports Seats electric- Auto Climate - Piano Black Bamboo - Antracite Headlining - Business Media Kit - Sat Nav - Bluetooth - CD Changer - Auxillary Port and USB - M Sport Multifunction Steering - Lowered M Suspension - 18" Alloys with RFT - M Badged - M Bumpers and Bodykit - Park Distance Control - Advanced Voice Rec - Auto Dim Mirror - Privacy Glass - 5 Year Service Inclusive Previous -06 - 525 M Sport - Steptronic - Sapphire Black - Black Nappa Leather Sports Seats - Auto Climate - Alluminium Cubed Interior - Anthracite Headliner - Business CD with Auxillary Port - M Sport Multifunction Steering - Bluetooth - Lowered M Suspension - 18" Alloys with RFT - M Badged - M Bumpers and Bodykit - Park Distance Control - Spare Wheel kit - Advanced Voice Rec

WEll done on the new arrival. Interesting observation on the steering as I picked my new one up last week and thought there was somthing wrong with the steering as it is now so lite.

Keep it between the ditches

Grinche
Old 01-12-2006, 01:17 PM
Members

I decided that the hassle of pushing for a new screen and then the dashing being taken to bits for a single pixel that is only noticeable is pointless and would no doubt end up with more issue's than it solves.

I have looked at the rear squeaks on here so I'll implement some of the tips

Wierd thing today on the motorway car let's me know I have a puncture thought that's bad luck on the first day but the drive felt no different so left motorway pulled over all tyres are ok. None look flat. try to pump them up air machine at garage bust.

So drive to next garage check all pressures and they are ok, then I reset the RPA and all has been ok on the rest of the way to work and way home.

Now the car has had three wheels refurb'd so I can only assume that the system was not reset after putting the wheels back on I will monitor this closely any one else had similar.

Other than that lovin it.

Thanks for all the comments and pics will follow
Old 01-12-2006, 01:57 PM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

If you did purchase your car from a BMW dealer it is worth the hassle to get your iDrive
to work properly.

The puncture warning comes from time to time if you are using non RF's and you're driving
on slippery conditions.
The CIP 19.2 will help you get ride of most the false warning but not all of them.
I got one on those false warnings driving on a tram bar the last week (it is winter out here).

Go to your dealers and get you car fixed and updated, otherwise you miss the fun!

Quick Reply: New (to me) Car Picked Up