E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

New Jersey prep center delays

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 05:18 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Currently: (3/1/06) 2002 530i black on black prem, sport, cold, xenon.

Originally Posted by ImolaRedM' post='274281' date='Apr 26 2006, 09:04 AM
I still have a 5/3 delivery date but then my ship just landed at the VPC early this morning.
Imola, hopefully you are not going to get lumped in with the cars that are supposively waiting at VPC. M5board says its all backed up. Are you getting anything like Aero kit added at VPC?

If you get your car before I do I swear I will get a Lexus out of spite and sue my dealer for non-refrundable down payment.
Old 04-26-2006, 05:25 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by wmbiii' post='274288' date='Apr 26 2006, 09:18 AM
Imola, hopefully you are not going to get lumped in with the cars that are supposively waiting at VPC. M5board says its all backed up. Are you getting anything like Aero kit added at VPC?

If you get your car before I do I swear I will get a Lexus out of spite and sue my dealer for non-refrundable down payment.
Yeah... I'm getting the aero kit installed at the VPC. I wonder how much room they have for cars there. Sounds like there is a good backup and with a ship that landed today and another scheduled for Friday it could get full. I would imagine they will have to move cars soon.

Also, you shouldn't have a problem getting your deposit back. Most dealers will do it unless you special ordered a off the wall car like a pink E60.
Old 04-26-2006, 07:43 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ImolaRedM' post='274290' date='Apr 26 2006, 09:25 AM
Also, you shouldn't have a problem getting your deposit back. Most dealers will do it unless you special ordered a off the wall car like a pink E60.
My purchase order said non-refundable deposit but who knows. I don't want to think about that; its too bad that their client facing procedures from dealers are so weak at BMW. The cars are awesome but dealers really are disappointing.
Old 04-26-2006, 10:02 AM
Senior Members

Wow - just received an email that my car was just released from VPC and available for pick up Friday at 1pm. Maybe my bitching helped? That adds up to 12 days at VPC and 44 days from order to delivery. Just about what I have read on this forum.
Old 04-26-2006, 11:37 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by wmbiii' post='274376' date='Apr 26 2006, 02:02 PM
Wow - just received an email that my car was just released from VPC and available for pick up Friday at 1pm. Maybe my bitching helped? That adds up to 12 days at VPC and 44 days from order to delivery. Just about what I have read on this forum.
Yep... 7-14 days at VPC. Now it's my turn to drool and hope I get my car next week. Enjoy the new ride. I guess you'll have it before your weekend trip?
Old 04-26-2006, 11:55 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ImolaRedM' post='274423' date='Apr 26 2006, 03:37 PM
Yep... 7-14 days at VPC. Now it's my turn to drool and hope I get my car next week. Enjoy the new ride. I guess you'll have it before your weekend trip?
Yeah - but not driving, shuttle to NYC, san kids, for adult night in city. At least I know when we get home my car will be waiting for me in the driveway. I plan on taking a nice long trip on GW pkwy....I will post pics no doubt. Not many 550 in Monaco/Beige and Aero kit in gallery.
Old 04-26-2006, 12:32 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by ImolaRedM' post='274290' date='Apr 26 2006, 08:25 AM
Yeah... I'm getting the aero kit installed at the VPC. I wonder how much room they have for cars there. Sounds like there is a good backup and with a ship that landed today and another scheduled for Friday it could get full. I would imagine they will have to move cars soon.

Any word on the pink E60? I heard the VPC was backed up cause a pink E60 arrived and everyone was standing around gawking over it. I think its for the new Mary Kay Rep just over here from Germany.
Old 04-26-2006, 02:42 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 Titanium Gray 550i, with sport, nav, HUD, Logic7, sat radio, cold weather, rear side airbags, rear seat heaters, and it goes like a bat outta hell!

Originally Posted by wmbiii' post='274376' date='Apr 26 2006, 11:02 AM
yeah, I think you did ok on your delivery time, and I don't think your car's stay at the VPC was excessive!! And, I bet it had nothing to do with your bitching!! I think the dealer really has little control over what happens once the car is ordered until the car hits their lots. Granted, it helps when the dealer shares info with you!! I think I read somewhere that priority one cars (oredered vehicles) get expedited through the VPC before the cars for lot inventory do. I also was reading on someone's site today that did a west coast VPC tour that a Priority One car can clear the VPC in a couple of days if all goes well, and there are no add-ons.

My car is currently at the Oxnard VPC in California, and I suspect I won't see the car until next week some time. I'm just glad to know the car in on terra firma after a month of not being able to track or know where the car is.

Now, WMB, let's see if you fit Rudy's stereotype for new car owners..........you post, you post, you post......you pick up the car.....you promise pics, you love the car.....and we NEVER hear from you again!! LOL

Glad to hear you are close.....no sleep for you tomorrow night.....like a kid on Christmas eve, huh?
Old 04-26-2006, 03:53 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by kmslo530i' post='274502' date='Apr 26 2006, 06:42 PM
Now, WMB, let's see if you fit Rudy's stereotype for new car owners..........you post, you post, you post......you pick up the car.....you promise pics, you love the car.....and we NEVER hear from you again!! LOL

Glad to hear you are close.....no sleep for you tomorrow night.....like a kid on Christmas eve, huh?
I think that will be me. I'll let you know Friday night. i'm going to start drinking so i can sleep tomorrow night.
Old 04-26-2006, 03:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 Titanium Gray 550i, with sport, nav, HUD, Logic7, sat radio, cold weather, rear side airbags, rear seat heaters, and it goes like a bat outta hell!

Originally Posted by wmbiii' post='274536' date='Apr 26 2006, 04:53 PM
I think that will be me. I'll let you know Friday night. i'm going to start drinking so i can sleep tomorrow night.
start drinking? you mean haven't been drinking?? lol

Quick Reply: New Jersey prep center delays