5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   E60 Discussion (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/)
-   -   New Idrive controler (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/new-idrive-controler-61595/)

jqworle 09-14-2008 12:07 AM

It would appear that the new idrive controller is now on september vehicles starting week 36 according to this posting.
http://www.bmwland.co.uk/talker/viewtopic.php?t=80351

I pick up mine in a few weeks a week 37 due end of september.
Can't wait.

Miikka 09-14-2008 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by jqworle' post='669019' date='Sep 14 2008, 11:07 AM
It would appear that the new idrive controller is now on september vehicles starting week 36 according to this posting.
http://www.bmwland.co.uk/talker/viewtopic.php?t=80351

I pick up mine in a few weeks a week 37 due end of september.
Can't wait.

Great news. I am wishing that this will apply to Finland as well, my car will go into production during week 47. It would be nice to get the new controller.

JSpira 09-14-2008 07:36 AM

E60s without satnav will get the new controller but not the new iDrive.

In fact, in the U.S. sales bulletin, the 5er and 6er are among the cars that don?t list the new "information services" that will be available through BMW Assist because those cars are not getting the new iDrive.

Introduction of the new iDrive in the 5er Series will also vary by market I am told.

TwistTie 09-14-2008 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by JSpira' post='669114' date='Sep 14 2008, 10:36 AM
E60s without satnav will get the new controller but not the new iDrive.

In fact, in the U.S. sales bulletin, the 5er and 6er are among the cars that don?t list the new "information services" that will be available through BMW Assist because those cars are not getting the new iDrive.

Introduction of the new iDrive in the 5er Series will also vary by market I am told.

In the USA build your own, the computer generated drawings do show the new controller. However, when you click on the nav option, the info tells you that it's a DVD based system and it sounds exactly like the previous CCC system. Go to the 3 series build your own and, again, the new controller. But when you click on the nav option it describes a new system (the CIC system with HDD.) In addition, you now must also select the HD radio option in order to get the nav option. Curious as to what the HD radio has in connection with the CIC?

Nonetheless, I'm in agreement with Jonathan that the 5er will not get the new iDrive. Perhaps they'll show up much later in the manufacturing calendar, but who knows....

narvselius 09-15-2008 02:00 AM

Well, as Jonathan says, the intro is market specific. I understand Europe will have a common launch in November, but even that is "preliminary" so it's just wait and see... Argh, my iDrive will feel like stoneage when the new version is out. :bash: Oh, well, Progress, I believe...

Miikka 09-15-2008 03:28 AM

Because I have quite much time before I can change the car, I asked my salesman to schedule the production to the week 47. Just in case they will be introducing new iDrive controller in November in Europe.

snowboarder550i 09-15-2008 03:45 AM

I don't like the new one at all. Mine is simple, clean and classy,
why the heck all the buttons around it now? I thought it was supposed
to be a clean "one knob" operation?
And if your IQ is higher than 10, iDrive operation is as simple
as anything, not sure why it's been trashed so often in the reviews....

TwistTie 09-15-2008 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by snowboarder550i' post='669632' date='Sep 15 2008, 06:45 AM
I don't like the new one at all. Mine is simple, clean and classy,
why the heck all the buttons around it now? I thought it was supposed
to be a clean "one knob" operation?
And if your IQ is higher than 10, iDrive operation is as simple
as anything, not sure why it's been trashed so often in the reviews....

I might convince myself, too, if I had the older CCC system. As with all technology we live with what we have and learn to use it. It's only when an improved version comes out that we realize the benefits of change.

The new CIC system has a lot going for it, including HDD. That in itself is worth a lot.

Operation of both CCC and CIC will still be "simple." It's not a question of one's IQ.

JoseSportM 09-16-2008 02:29 AM

I order my E61 in June 7th and the car arrive today.
Guess what?? I have the New idrive.
So its possible the new idrive in e60/e61 since now :D:D:D:D and the price of car is the same for me :D

Miikka 09-16-2008 02:33 AM

Originally Posted by JoseSportM' post='670432' date='Sep 16 2008, 01:29 PM
I order my E61 in June 7th and the car arrive today.
Guess what?? I have the New idrive.
So its possible the new idrive in e60/e61 since now :D:D:D:D and the price of car is the same for me :D

But you have the Sat Nav. I think that was quite sure thing that Sat Nav will receive the new iDrive and new controller.

How is the new system? Better than the old one?