E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

New findings for CCC issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2015, 03:36 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i SAT
Default New findings for CCC issues

Hi all!! First off, YES I have read and used the search button I have over 20 pages on my bookmark on this is week #3. Finally decided to post and join the forum

Prologue:
2008 E60 535i with SAT , 04/2008 production.
- Everything fine till one day it decides to do flash BMW, then off, flash BMW, then off... repeating...
- Utah cold weather morning start... Working perfectly. After 10 min drive, turn off car. Pull key out, put back in, starts the endless reboot. Resetting it 3 to 5 times, it finally boots up. This goes on for a few days, and I start reading all the forums on the wonderful CCC and its merry gift to mankind and all its glories.
- Since its starts up from time to time, CCC is not 100% crapped out and gone to heaven.

Main body:
- Battery changed and programmed to the car 2 months ago.
- Battery unplugged and touched both ends
- Checked for water dmg, nothing that I noticed
- Bluetooth works perfectly, Navi works perfectly.
- Clean the DVD drive, even got a "new" (reman) from BMW. Don't trust them when they say "its new." I get it, and they tell me, its "new"ly remanufactured and comes with all BMW "new" parts 2 year warranty.... Whatever, got it for $140. INSTALLed the DVD, and stopped from ever resetting. So out goes the "new" DVD drive and in goes the OEM. CCC starts right up with the old one.... odd...

-- Now this is the part that struck me oddly and can't find anyone/ posts that has found this connection too
-*** CCC works perfectly when all 3 plugs of the Climate Control are disconnected***
I have tried it for 2 days. Starts up fine in the morning, 10 min drive and stop and restart the car, 1 hour sitting, 3 hour sitting, and overnight. The moment I plug in the Climate Control while the CCC is working, everything works. So, I turn it off, pull key, open door, close door, lock it, unlock it, plug key in... CCC starts the reboot cycle of death.
So I unplug the Climate Control, and after 2 reboot cycle, CCC works perfectly again!!

As of right now, I have the Climate Control unplugged so I can listen to some good Baby Metal, while I figure out this new phenomenon.

-The downside is the Steering wheel doesnt come down on its own, so I have to adjust it manually
--the HVAC only sends 90*+ of nice HOT engine air to my toes.. glad its winter time...
--Very ugly looks without the trims in it.
These are the things I have noticed so far...

IF anyone knows any connection between the CCC and Climate Control regarding the reboot cycle please let me know. As for I will update based on my findings, it won't be a daily basis though. Hope this helps others in diagnosing their CCC. Please try it out and let me if its getting you the same results.
Old 02-09-2015, 08:42 PM
New Members

quick update, CCC working fine still with the climate control unplugged. had to reset it once in the last 4 days. Still on my quest on why the CCC doesnt work with climate control plugged in.
Old 02-14-2015, 07:29 PM
New Members

Quick Update. Now this is a nice new development.
CCC and climate control works now. Pressure on the face-plate of the CCC, where the knob and the selection buttons are, causes the CCC to do the bootloop of death; once the pressure is off, goes back to perfect function. Been testing this out for the last week.

Now to test different positions of the face-plate. Probably find a way to make room in the back somewhere to give it, "wiggle"room.
Old 02-18-2015, 06:07 PM
New Members

Another quick update:

Removed the faceplate and adjusted the ribbon in the back a few times before I got to start up normal without the bootloop. So far so good, out of the 14 starts today, all have been trouble free. I will update after a few more days of testing.
Old 02-22-2015, 07:53 PM
New Members

So far, all trouble free since last update. I will now only update if something goes wrong, then I will start to do diagnostics.
Old 04-21-2015, 11:23 AM
New Members

After leaving the car stored for a month. The CCC started to act up, after fiddling with it, I noticed that putting pressure on the faceplate by the connector made it work again, 100% of the time.

For all you guys that have a "BAD" CCC, try removing the faceplate, where the ribbon connects, remove it and re-install. From my finding, the connection might get loose or something in the faceplate is getting loose by the connector.
Old 04-21-2015, 11:30 AM
Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wonder if this would help with my "bad CCC" issue, outlined in detail here:

https://5series.net/forums/e60-discu...lained-141614/
Old 04-21-2015, 11:10 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 530d

Originally Posted by DavaiLave
I wonder if this would help with my "bad CCC" issue, outlined in detail here:

https://5series.net/forums/e60-discu...lained-141614/
Give it a try by all means, but I don't think so - I reckon the CCC is staying awake, in turn keeping the whole car awake.
Old 04-27-2015, 09:56 PM
New Members

DavaiLave: I think yours might be different problem than most. My experience is based on the the bootloop, not the keeping the whole car awake even with the key out and door locked. Give it a shot though. I am tearing mine apart again tomorrow to move the unit out 2-3MM to see if it will create enough pressure on the face plate so it will boot without me pressing the face plate each time I want to listen to the radio or stop seeing the BMW logo.
Old 05-06-2015, 09:53 PM
New Members

I ripped apart my faceplate, got tired of pressing the space between "4 and 5" right above the DVD and below the buttons.

I found out the circuit board is warped causing the faceplate not to register that its grounded out.

So.. new faceplate or keep pressing 15 sec each time i get into the car...

Quick Reply: New findings for CCC issues